OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've toyed with the idea of being cremated, my ashes mixed with an aerial pyrotechnic device.

At the "Memorial," just about dark, the cannister that holds my ashes mixed with an aerial "display" be set off to a mix tape of my favorite songs, and a Friend yells, "Tap The Kegs!" "There He goes. God Love Him!"

Hope all can attend!

Best,
Scott

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AU24K said:
Many good replies; some humorous, some thought provoking.
However, they are not exactly what I had implied by this thread.

I know exactly what you were looking for. I was implying that a little blurb on the obit page wouldn't cover it :laughing9:

Unless it read this way...

Spartacus53
To learn more go to
Cemetery ABC Plot #007
Read tome

Then again, it's hard to get the plot number ahead of time in some cases

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
AU24K said:
Many good replies; some humorous, some thought provoking.
However, they are not exactly what I had implied by this thread.

I know exactly what you were looking for. I was implying that a little blurb on the obit page wouldn't cover it :laughing9:

Unless it read this way...

Spartacus53
To learn more go to
Cemetery ABC Plot #007
Read tome

Then again, it's hard to get the plot number ahead of time in some cases

Sparty Friend,
I know what you mean by "tome."
However, in reality, details probably should be pared down to a paragraph or two..

Hard to do, I know, considering your unproven self oral history, but, alas, that's the rules.

My Best,
Scott

PS. CSB. My last wife was employed with a Cemetery/Funeral Home. (MY LAST WIFE)
I kinda know what THAT industry is about....Too Creepy! Feel me? Feel the heat of the crematorium?....

Oh, and a story about me doing some Electrical work in a mortuary....
THAT scene will be with me FOREVER! (Eye bleach=ineffective :o)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
i know exactly where i will be at -- wall spot already picked out , everything selected by me as far as casket color , and type and all the details picked out by me --its already paid for in full - dying no need to worry about it --now on with the living of life. -- I am happy knowing that if anything occurs to me my wife will not be stuck with dealing with the burial ghouls in her hours of grief - with them saying oh he deserves the solid gold coffin doesn't he? -- she can look them in their beady greedy lil eyes and say do whats been contracted --its exactly what he wanted -hell he picked it out himself. :wink: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
i know exactly where i will be at -- wall spot already picked out , everything selected by me as far as casket color , and type and all the details picked out by me --its already paid for in full - dying no need to worry about it --now on with the living of life. -- I am happy knowing that if anything occurs to me my wife will not be stuck with dealing with the burial ghouls in her hours of grief - with them saying oh he deserves the solid gold coffin doesn't he? -- she can look them in their beady greedy lil eyes and say do whats been contracted --its exactly what he wanted -hell he picked it out himself. :wink: :thumbsup:

Ivan, Friend,
You would have been known in the business as a "Pre-Need." The other clients are "At Need." They ALWAYS pay more.

I'm glad you are prepared. What a relief of concern you must enjoy!

Me? Well, I've got a spot paid for next to my Mom in Lawrence, Kansas....but, I kinda like the idea of cremation and spread along my favorite hiking trails here in Georgia...(you see the personal conflict...)

Best,
Scott

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
When I go, there will be no funeral. I will be cremated and my ashes will be placed in the vault with my wife's by my son on the farm. Father Tom & Father Joe will say a few nice words over me and the kids will blow the insurance money on a big dinner party and split what is left. Sorry about that undertakers! Frank

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well there are some good ideas, but I will be cremated and have the ashes placed in a plain bronze urn. Always thinking ahead, I'll have my friend take care of the remains and have them travel at least once a year. I have it so well planed, that even after my passing, I will always get my "ashes hauled" :laughing7:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
ivan salis said:
Know just where you are coming from . Building my own box from lumber out of trees logged on my farm . Instructions have already been written and conveyed to those who , hopefully , will survive
me .
No embalming , no funeral home , no vault . Have a party/wake at the house . Drink some good whiskey , ride a good horse ,show the video of Garth 'The Dance', and play Waylon , Willie , and the boys
while you eat good bbq . Family plot is paid for and the opening and closing is a nominal fee .
4q2 , Mr. Undertaker :tongue3:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
ivan salis said:
Know just where you are coming from . Building my own box from lumber out of trees logged on my farm . Instructions have already been written and conveyed to those who , hopefully , will survive
me .
No embalming , no funeral home , no vault . Have a party/wake at the house . Drink some good whiskey , ride a good horse ,show the video of Garth 'The Dance', and play Waylon , Willie , and the boys
while you eat good bbq . Family plot is paid for and the opening and closing is a nominal fee .
4q2 , Mr. Undertaker :tongue3:
You talkin bout that BBq'd Coyote Again

If so, I will be payin my respects early.. :tongue3:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Here lies Chris He got what he deserved. [In the end we ALL get what we DESERVE!!!!] God Bless Chris

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
University of Georgia... here is my cadaver and a four inch stack of personal medical records going back to 1978. I've smoked all my life, drank like a fish, esperimented with drugs, and have led a hard and physical life with many injuries. Perhaps one of your bright young minds can find something here that will benefit mankind. When done, cremate the remains and have the UGA crew throw the ashes in her propwash in Sapelo Sound.
Robin
(UGA is the University of Georgia saltwater research boat)

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This world was never his home but he had a pretty good time. He never met a man he didn't like. He gave them time to screw up and then didn't like em. Adios, mi familia. Nos vemos, cuando no se, pero aqui te espera. 'Ya mis lagrimas estan secando, con mi pistola, y el corazon'. No cremation for me, cause I might have plenty of time to burn later. I would like to pick the song list for my funeral, which might be a good whole nother post. Truckinbutch, cut that Garth song out. You ever hear that rascal talk about how rich he is? Put in Billy Joe Shaver, live forever.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I chose songs also... an told friends that even in death I will torment Jeff :BangHead: ... my ashes will be on top of his in the hole at cemetary !

Cheaper too ! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread