got a bill fur $1,959.35 for ....

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
aa battery said:
6 t0 8 hours in the hospital :angry5: God help me im ready to explode :help:

Pay 10 bucks a month. Or.. they'll sell the note to a creditor and then you can offer a payoff of 25 percent, becuase most likely, they sold it for 10 percent.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:angry5: Holy s%$#!!!! How are you feeling anyway, get any rest? How is the warden holding up? I know, all these questions. :BangHead: Pay the bill with clad when you can get out again! :laughing9: Red

Attachments

• MTS2_thumb_whiterider_795042_grammarcat.jpg
    MTS2_thumb_whiterider_795042_grammarcat.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 776
  • MTS2_thumb_whiterider_795042_grammarcat.jpg
    MTS2_thumb_whiterider_795042_grammarcat.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 784

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Bag O Zilcolns I will Send You to Help with the Bill!!! They are A little eaten away even coin star wont tak them :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: !!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: Could You imagine Paying Off Your Bill In Pennies that Look Like they Went Thur Heck and Back!!!!!! Hey It's Legal Tender they Give them away to Us In Change!!! ;D ;D ;D HH chug and Feel Better Soon Dont Laugh to Hard at this Post You Might Hurt yourself Again!!!

PS I was Saving these to Help With Reds Past due Bills But they are not Adding Up Fast Enough!!! 30,000.00 and I only have a few dollars worth Chug

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my mom was in ER and then admitted overnight for tests. Her total was $13,000.
she didn't pay anything. medicare and supp. ins. took care of all of it.

but negotiate on that bill. like another said, call and see what you can get off and see how they will help you handle it.

hope you are feeling better. relax tho, everyone gets slapped with nasty bills. horrible as they are they sure happen. don't get too upset.

transplant

Dec 26, 2006
spent 6 hr. at duke to get a new pacemaker,$175,000.I thought the insurance claims guy , was going to die when he called about the claim

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
K*E*L*L*Y said:
:BangHead: tell me about it ...:(
i feel bad now knowing wat you went through. Forgive me please.FRANK

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
unexpected bills stink. no one enjoys them from the AC unit that dies and costs $4-5K to replace to the medical bill.
thing about bills...I would rather pay a med bill that saved me vs. another cruddy bill LOL

you know what I mean :icon_sunny:

we can't plan life and bills. will never happen.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to read of your health problems.

I have made several trips to ER over the last 20+ years. Each time I thought I might be dying but no cause was discovered.

My last ER adventure was back in about 2003. They kept me in the hospital 6 days for observation and tests. The bill was around $12,000 as I recall. My insurance paid the whole shot but while waiting for them to pay the hospital kept the heavy on us 24/7. We constantly received phone calls and letters about our bill.

Why the outrageous cost today?

1. High hospital personal wages. In a medium sized hospital ER it would be nothing to cost $1500+ an hour for all associated with it (several doctors, RNs, Lab Techs, etc.).
2. Hospital insurance costs (unbelievable)

Hospitals in America are not cheap. On the other hand, neither is death. And one never knows when a symptom is something potentially fatal.

It's hard to believe but we still have some of the best medical care in the world (we're losing it fast). Soon America will be into socialized medicine (much more so than today) and health care will be rationed and the weaker elements of society eliminated via lack of timely care. One who needs a by-pass in Canada may have to wait months to receive it. Here that one would be well into recovery by that time.

The cost is steep but if the personal is quality, $2000 for several hours in ER isn't that bad.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope your well , normally i go to the VA hospital where iam covered i have CHF an many heart operations 3 Stent implants but once i was rushed to the local hospital because the VA is 65 miles away i stayed for 22 hours and then released a week later i received a bill for just over $3000.00 :angry5: i requested a complete itemized bill for my 22 hour stay in the ccr , did you know they charged me $3.00 4 times for each baby aspirin 80mg $12.00 for 4 aspirin,s !! things are way out of hand today and the main reason doctors charge so much is the insurance premium,s they have to pay 2/3 of a doctors salary and why ? MALPRACTICE LAW SUITS !!!! even if the doctor has a unblemished record . anyway just do what most on here said pay the hospital $10.00 a month and there is nothing they can do but except it . Get well Jim :thumbsup:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
didn't your VA pick up most of that tab??

wondering cause FIL is very sick. cancer. His VA dr. sent him to oncology dr. that can help. the VA hosp. is out of its league on this one. he is covered 100%

just wondering

deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having lived under a properly functioning social health care system that was AMAZING, I can only pray that someday the US will wake up and stop listening to their greedy politicians and the lobbyists who feed them.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get this the hospital didnt know my accident wuz work related. let the fun begin

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honey, sorry if you been hurt or in pain. But,
I just heard magic words, "accident work related".
Please tell us employer has workers comp! Please, and whether self-funded or not.

This should wash your liability, if all is in order.
(even in workers comp cases, if not paid expeditiously, I have seen them
sent to collections and affect ppl's credit.)

Please feel better, and let us know, if you need any assistance or advice,
you know we're all full of it! LOL! :laughing7:
Have a great day!

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mom just got one of those bills too! She went in due to food poisoning. And ended up with an almost $2000 dollar bill.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there AA.. Sounds like you need a date with a 30 pack buddy!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
things are gettin better :thumbsup:

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, if it is an emergency room bill - I know its high, but, the truth of the matter is, your are being billed for 3 people, approximately - er or not.

Hospitals average a 35% collection rate for bills, so........................you can figure it out from there.

Stopping malpractice suits won't do the trick - because then, you end up with some really crappy doctors. Some doctors are great - some need to be sued and drummed out of the job. However, what happens with a bad doctor, malpractice insurance pays their bills, the doctor leaves and goes somewhere else, and they get sued again, and again, and again.

What malpractice companies NEED - is a panel in each state, just like they do in teaching hospitals. Every case is looked at, individually, see what went wrong, and why - and, if they find malpractice, then they write a recommendation that allows the patient to sue (in teaching hospitals, they recommend if a doctor or student is reprimanded, given more training or released).

Working in the medical field, I have seen my share of great docs, good docs, mediocre docs, and outright bad, bad, bad doctors. For instance, a patient I had - now, you have to remember that I did home health care and hospice - the very old woman had a very painful situation. She was sent to the hospital to remove her appendix (she was not a dnr, but, she did need 24/7 hour care).

I went with her to the hospital, and waited with her family for the duration of the "simple" surgery. (nothing is really simple, especially when you are on the high side of your 80's). When she came back down - she no longer had her appendix - or her breasts. Oooops. (they felt a little lump, they said, and I still wonder who decided to give a breast exam to an 87 year old woman with an appendix problem in the OR).

In Philadelphia, a man went in to have his foot amputated - diabetic, gangrene. They removed his foot. The wrong one, but, what the heck. I guess the lighting must have been bad, or something, because they couldn't tell the difference between a healthy foot and one that was black, grangene and literally smelled to high heaven from the process.

But, hey, let's stop malpractice suits. Tell me how comfortable you would feel having surgery with one of those doctors I mentioned. With no chance that they could be sued, what would stop hospitals from hiring the cheapest doctors available? And, which ones do you think THAT would be???? And, you wouldn't know until it was too late, because, there would be no records to check.

I hope you are feeling much better, however. I have to agree that the prices for even the most simple meds, in hospitals, are horrendous. During the times I have had to have a hospital stay - I insist on bringing my own with me. (doesn't help in the ER, but it does if you have to stay). You aren't just paying for the pills now, though. Federal regulations say that they have to be handled by a person specialized in meds, who has to make a special trip in to meter out each pill (whether narcotic or not), and that person has to have specialized insurance. So, that, added with the "times 3" factor, makes it much more expensive than it has to be.

The average ER visit, with no extras, just to show up and go in - is about $120 for the bed, and $90.00 for the doc - that's not them doing a thing, mind you, just signing in and seeing your face, and calling the ER doc down into your cubicle. (and they haven't even taken your blood pressure yet).

The health system is definitely making money for someone.

Hope you feel better real soon.

Beth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread