Hired a new engineer. Against all I beleive in, he is an HIB visa.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I've been looking for a solid candidate that knows just very basis 101 electronics, for the last few months. After interviewing people that know absolutely nothing about electronics ( and asking for 125K a year), I've found a person from China that is next to perfect. He passed my tests with mostly flying colors.

What bothers me, is that I can't find an American that knows this stuff, even at 125K a year. Another thing that REALLY bugs me, is, if they ask for THAT much money, you'd THINK that they would know something about electronics.

Previously, I've been told that I'm asking too much from candidates... but actually, I'm not. My guess is, that at least half of the people reading this will know how to create a low pass filter from a resistor and a capacitor. Everyone that I've interviewed could not!

He starts on the 16th.. YEah!!!!!!!!!

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hire a kid fresh out of coillege, offer him 70 grand. If he dont pan out, fire his ass and hire another one. Any dummy can design rc filters. Duh.....

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
gleaner1 said:
Hire a kid fresh out of coillege, offer him 70 grand. If he dont pan out, fire his ass and hire another one. Any dummy can design rc filters. Duh.....

Ha!!! actually, becuase he's H1b, and also fresh out of college, it's 60K.

olroy70

Feb 3, 2011
gainesville, tx
Detector(s) used
Garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, to bad I dont still live there. I have a couple of books left over from the old days that can teach almost anyone that knowledge.............

I dont have time to work, anymore.... am done with that kind of stuff after 35 years of fixin computers!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I got stuck having to work with some clown from Afghanistan years ago. At least that is where he claimed he was from. Said all his records were burned up in a fire when the Russians invaded. I had to do my work and most of his.

You had to find the right afghannie :laughing9: I saw some pictures in an article in guns and ammo magazine taken after the russians invaded afghanistan. Some of the guys there were making rifles by hand with the bare minimum of tools,files, chisles,pedal powered lathes and drills. Exact copies of lee enfield rifles and russian 20mm automatic cannons. Their skill was quite impressive. They were also making the ammo.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread