Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Giant Footprint - 200 Million Years Old

Giant Footprint - 200 Million Years Old

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRuxw-nZoJw#!

This giant footprint is located in South Africa. The footprint size is around 4ft long. If it is a genuine footprint, the owner of that footprint is really huge. The footprint is believed to be 200 million to 3 billion years old.

Michael Tellinger shows off what could be one of the best pieces of evidence that there were giants on Earth a long, long time ago. Geologists have marvelled at this giant foot print in rough granite, about 4 feet long. Some still say that it is a natural erosion pattern.
Personally I find that suggestion highy improbable for various reasons that I will not go into here. Prof. Pieter Wagener from UPE, suggests that "there is a higher probability of little green men arriving from space and licking it out with their tongues, than being created by natural erosion".
It is located in South Africa, near the town of Mpaluzi, close to the Swaziland border. It is estimated to be between 200 million and 3 Billion years old because of our current understanding of the formation of granites in Earth's history. This dating immediately causes great debate and argument - so I urge you to keep your mind open and focused on the evidence.
This amazing footprint in granite was discovered in 1912 by a hunter called Stoffel Coetzee, while hunting in the remote area. At the time this was a deeply remote part of South Africa known as the Eastern Transvaal, teeming with wild life, including antelope and lions. It remains in the same condition as it was when first discovered and the possibility that this was a carved hoax is extremely low because of its remote location. Even today, it is difficult to find.
The real mystery is how this amazing phenomenon occured - I have no idea - but here it is and we cannot wish it away.
YES - It is granite - it is a well recognised geological part of South Africa and recorded on all geological maps - that is why this footprint is such an incredible mystery. It can be desribed as a "phenocrystic" granite, OR coarse porphyritic granite, that underwent several different stages of cooling. The result being an interesting mixture of large and small granules. This is why granite companies are keen to mine this area for granite because it will look really "pretty" when polished. In the official Geology Of South Africa, this outcrop is called Mpuluzi Batholith (Granite) and the official dating of this rock produced dates of around 3,1 billion years.
A real mystery that needs close scientific examination.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Giant Footprint - 200 Million Years Old

looks like they can walk up the side
of walls like flies too.

Seriously though, Of course there were Giants.
Someone had to ride & Milk the Dinosaurs.
They couldn't do it themselves

dld

Apr 21, 2010
NE Fla
Detector(s) used
ace 250, BHID, Explorer SE Pro, Omega 8000

with all the evidence presented we can now say that Giants only had left feet ( no right foot print ever found) so the had to hop, they did not have a shoe. No wonder they did not last.

C

Cappy Z.

Granite liquefies at 2300 degrees Fahrenheit...the guy must have been a fast walker... :wink:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I did a quick look on the net for this one and most responses were----Granite is made from magma when it cools, not mud. Unless the "giant" was walking on molten rock as it was cooling (>1000 degrees C), barefoot, this isn't a real footprint for sure.

so the person wasn't a geologist when they picked granite as their material to shove a big footprint into a rock :laughing9:

do your research first fakers :laughing7:

yea I think fake also

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The best thing about this "discovery" is the coins someone left behind for me. :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

http://www.fi.edu/fellows/fellow1/oct98/create/igneous.htm

Igneous rocks are called fire rocks and are formed either underground or above ground. Underground, they are formed when the melted rock, called magma, deep within the earth becomes trapped in small pockets. As these pockets of magma cool slowly underground, the magma becomes igneous rocks.

Igneous rocks are also formed when volcanoes erupt, causing the magma to rise above the earth's surface. When magma appears above the earth, it is called lava. Igneous rocks are formed as the lava cools above ground.

However Lava does Cool down.
I would think there is a point
between Hot & too hard to penetrate.

(Mud)

I Don't think it goes from 2300 degrees to Granate
at 2200 Degrees or even 100 Degrees

If it was stepped on at this point it would be anywhere
from Warm to Crusty & a person could sink in.

Just like stepping on clay. Correct ?

& A Giant would Weigh Considerably more
so they would have an above average chance of leaving a
deep footprint.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well, when I used to dream as a child, I had dreams of them giants that roamed the land.
Their feet and body was made of something that looks like brass.
So I can see, where one may have been able to walk on molten lava, and not feel the effects. :laughing7:

Also, somewhere in Egypt, in a Coptic church, is a stone, that supposedly Jesus stepped on, to get water from, when he was thirsty.
Has his little heel print in it, is a holy relic.
Them behdoins, gotta know how to get water from rocks, out in that desert area!
Maybe them giants from old, told them how? LOL!
Ya'll have fun!

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Ya give those archaeologist a foot they'll take a mile.
Either way somebody's a shoe in for a lot of attention.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread