Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
hit & run reports?

drove 2 hrs to pick up daughter at airport, was rear ended at stoplight by a commercial truck. had to drive 2 blocks to get out of traffic & call police. when officer got there he said no one was pulled over. the guy that hit me took off! it was a busy intersection, 5 pm, full on rush hour. my light just turned red, & he threw me into the middle of the intersection. I know lots of people saw it. is there a place they might have reported it, besides the police? it takes at least 5 days to hear back from police in these cases. & would like to know if there are any witnesses that came forward. my car is pretty well shot. I'm fine, but really stiff & sore. mostly just scared the puddin outta me. really don't like hit & runs!!

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: hit & run reports?

The police should be able to put a report in the paper asking for witnesses. Also, double check with them regarding possible municipal cameras placed at the intersection.

I'd check all businesses and/or residences at the intersection. Ask if they may have any security cameras that may have caught the accident or if there may be a witness. Many folks don't want to get involved but some will be willing to help. Knock on doors and do it quick. Often times that data gets overwritten every day or two if the establishment doesn't have an incident requiring it to be kept.

Good luck. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other

believe it or not, there were no houses or buisinesses there. it's a major crossroad/ on /off ramp. no buildings for 2 blocks. called & asked if they have cameras there, but nope, none. guess I will have to be patient & wait till they call. good idea on craigslist. will chk there.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other

good idea on craigslist. will chk there.

I see ads in there asking if you need a wittness or youre looking for witnesses to accidents,so its definitely worth the time.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wow that just stinks
I can't believe people. stop and make the situation right. geez. losers are everywhere :laughing9:

hope you do find them. leaving the scene gives them alot more trouble than just a car wreck. glad you are fine!
any update yet???

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mamabear, welcome to the club.. I'm not only a member, but the President :laughing9:

DigginThePast is dead on... If you are in the area see if anyone has a tape. You already know the day and time and it will take them minutes to retrieve the film :thumbsup: I wasn't as lucky... The whole accident was caught on film, but we were unable to read the plate due to a flood light from the pick-up interfering with the camera. I should ask my mechanic for a copy of it, then again I watched it over and over several times already trying to discern the plate of the offender. :tongue3:

Here is a picture of the aftermath... PS. It was parked in a lot, just off the road

Image Editing Made Easy

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I always wear my video glasses when driving now it tapes up to 3 hrs of video and sound Have caught a few accidents and red light runners. Great for confor tations. They can have prescriptions made for them.

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other

I have not heard back from the police yet. they said it would take at least 5 days before there was any news. there were no cameras. asked already, & no buildings nearby. so I'm hoping witness comes forward.
Spartacus, wow, they pushed you into a building?
people can be so stupid. but fear makes you do dumb things. like leave the scene of an accident.
am trying to charge the battery in the car so I can drive it (very slowly) to the body shop & see what they have to say. looks like the battery was thrown cuz the clamps are twisted. the trunk is crunched & I'm hoping the trunk light wouldn't go off. & that's why the battery is dead. but it's not charging & it's been an hour.
onfire, I have not heard of video glasses. what a neat tech to have. a little freaky, but in some situations could be useful.

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other

here's pix of car as tow truck takes it away

Attachments

• 055 blot.jpg
    055 blot.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 302

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I had parked my pickup in the driveway.. Came in the house and went to bed.. Woke up the next morning went outside and saw the taillight busted out... It was a hit and run..

When she got home.. Justice was served, The whole rear door of the Van was caved in.. :laughing9:

Then I got the blame for parking it there... Go Figure :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread