Enigma

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Jason in Enid said:
I think it was an interesting thread also, but you could have hidden the queens jewels safely for a VERY long time with this cypher. You had to give away every single step of the process to allow someone to break the code.

I had a good time...I hope others did also. I am no expert on codes. This was my first attempt to code anything... All I did was go the a Beale Treasure website...they already had numbered the DOI..and the only thing I did was reverse the letters like Da Vinci... of course many people didn't know Romey's first name is Willard!! lol.

CHEESE!! PM me your snail mail.. you get the gemstone!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
romney,mit a willard -- it is exactly as you printed it (in reverse * ) -- of course you can declare whomever you like as the winner but i think i "solved" it --- romney , mit (missing the 2nd T* ) + ( first name is) a ? willard (ie his first name is willard) just the way it was phrazed was a mit odd to me.

good fun -- lots of laughs

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
Cappy Z. said:
Jason in Enid said:
I think it was an interesting thread also, but you could have hidden the queens jewels safely for a VERY long time with this cypher. You had to give away every single step of the process to allow someone to break the code.

I had a good time...I hope others did also. I am no expert on codes. This was my first attempt to code anything... All I did was go the a Beale Treasure website...they already had numbered the DOI..and the only thing I did was reverse the letters like Da Vinci... of course many people didn't know Romey's first name is Willard!! lol.

CHEESE!! PM me your snail mail.. you get the gemstone!

I had a good time... Also It was my error with the way i wrote the program. I used 509 (A) not 506 (T) That is why it was that way so when i change that in the program I got DRALLIWTTIMYENMOR

aka
Romney Mitt Willard

and as cheese said.. Willard Mitt Romney.

Was fun to see really 3 levels of crypto if you think about it.

First take is name and put his last name first and his first name last. Second level was to then Read it from left to write to change that. Third level was using the DOI. Very Nice. Now if anyone would like the program on how I was able to search the DOI fast and not use the Beale Codes website let me know and I will inform you all :) Happy Treasure Hunting.

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

ivan salis said:
romney,mit a willard -- it is exactly as you printed it (in reverse * ) -- of course you can declare whomever you like as the winner but i think i "solved" it --- romney , mit (missing the 2nd T* ) + ( first name is) a ? willard (ie his first name is willard) just the way it was phrazed was a mit odd to me.

good fun -- lots of laughs

I see now where in the DOI the # 309 is NOT a T but an A: My error. (Oops)

However Cheese correctly solved and spelled the entire name. I can't argue against that.

addendum: IF someone had translated: nepoemases instead of Open Sesame The door would not have opened...

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Werleibr, like you, I started out with 25=y when choosing my document (the 25th word was quick and easy to count to, so it was my pick). Little did I know that was the only letter of the group that didn't match the criteria. I decided I was missing something and quit trying to solve it for the night (Jan 31). Then, the day before yesterday, I didn't get a chance to pop in and check the thread, so when I looked last night there was a lot of new information, hints, and your excel program results. I was about to pull up the D.O.I. again and decode. I didn't even have to go try again to decode the message, you had already done it, other than the "a", which I just decided was an error on either the encoder or the decoders end. You put a lot of work into it and solved it without realizing it. I just happened along after you did all the work, so I would like to give the sapphire to you.

Thanks Cappy, it was interesting! Please send it to Werleibr if you all are agreeable to it! He really solved it more than I did, my part was just solving the little twist at the end.

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

I think Spartacus, Liebfraumilch, and Cheese all deserve credit for working on the project. Ivan did a good job also.

If you all want me to come up with another treasure hunt, let me know. I have plenty of trinkets to give away.

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
Now I think I am going to try to decypher the other Beale papers... :laughing9: So many documents it could be. :tard:

Oh and if I would ever get the crack for the code.. You for sure I would let Marc no and give props to his site!

Also working on following two treasure legends.. Will be posting in that in the future for help on my thoughts with it as I have never looked for things that are of this magnitude.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome thread. At first it was kinda pissin me off, I thought it was a ploy and unsolvable (sorry for that Cappy Z). It kinda gave me the willards. I am amused that it was in fact solved. Hat's off to cheese and honorable mention to you know who.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
ivan salis said:
I'm just too nice at times-- lol :thumbsup:

ps since trhe wifes birthday has passed already * thought i'd let the others have a "chance"
Yea me too. :wink:

MichaelMartin said:
I cant even remember the name of the actor in your avatar lol. He always played the good guy right? He was also good at martial arts and was part Indian. 60's maybe early 70's at the drive-in theatres. Always wore that hat... beat up on motorcycle thugs I think. I cant remember much of anything these days

That would be Tom laughlin as Billy Jack ;D
Ah thanks. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread