OP
OP
Michelle

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, We have this lady in town that is wrapped pretty loose...Dont believe she has med's....We were on a back street in town and noticed the traffic backing up....as we got closer we saw her "Pushing a baby carriage with two baby dolls in it ,right in the middle iof the road" the people that were behind her just followed really slow until they could get around her....She was just pushing the carriage and talking away to the fake babies.....Unbelieveable!

oldman

Dec 5, 2004
If Medicine was free in the USA like it is over here in the UK and a Dr's visit didn't cost hundreds of dollars We could help a lot of these people, they are sick. Before I moved over here to Scotland I knew no less than 3 people in Kansas that had problems but they didn't have money to see a Dr. and no money for the pills they needed. They have one lady I know in Kansas on $400.00 per month pills so she can stay on a straight course se can afford the pills but then cannot buy food as needed. The system sucks! BP

OP
OP
Michelle

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True....My s/other is on med's (not cause he's nuts) he is on pain med's. high bp med's, arthritis med's...med's so he can sleep...and at a total of 350.00 + a 100.00 dr. visit which varies...it is very difficult.

oldman

Dec 5, 2004
I can remember when REGAN made President there was a nut house I will call it in Kansas and they cut the budget and actually put the people out on the street. So of them were sitting on curbs alongside the roads crying because they didn't know what to do and no one to help them. Some were living under bridges, ect. BP

oldman

Dec 5, 2004
Re: What is going on? Michelle

Yes Michelle, when I came to Scotland for a six months visit I fell and fractured my left hip. after being here a couple months. Well I was scared real bad because of all the horror stories I have heard about the socialized medicine that they tell us in the USA and how good we have it in the USA. Well to my surprise I was treated like a king in the hospital and then when released I was turned over to a family Dr. All medicine free. The I got sinus infection and went to the Dr. gave me antibotics that cost $400.00 in the USA no charge over here. Then I developed a blood clot and back into the hospital, Treated like a king again and all med's free. The family Dr. Registered me and I have a national health plan number. If You only knew how I pray our goverment would give free Dr's and med's instead of all the money they send to other countries in the form of aid we could have free health care and med's. Dr's over here are excellent and more like a family member then GOD, like so many think they are in the USA. One more thing Dr's over here even make house calls!!!!!!! Bill

OP
OP
Michelle

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oldman said:
I can remember when REGAN made President there was a nut house I will call it in Kansas and they cut the budget and actually put the people out on the street. So of them were sitting on curbs alongside the roads crying because they didn't know what to do and no one to help them. Some were living under bridges, ect. BP
Still Happening....Yet we can feed and house the immigrants somehow....and gee dont they have a Brilliant Smile.....Instead of help the people it's "Kill and dissplace the lower middle class"...I have a headache now. Do you know that when I feel like I need to see a doctor I can't or I just wont....Im afraid they will either kill me or that I will catch something while Im there that will make me sicker or kill me!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
buscadero said:
::) I guess this Crazed Nutcase figured they wouldn't fight back! Problem is, every time an incident like this happens, it gives these borderline psychotics ideas! Then there are the Highly Impressionable Teens w/ real &/or imaginary grievances to avenge!
When I was in HS, Smoking in the John or Overdue Library Books were the most serious problems facing schools!

Joe
Joe, I hear ya loud and clear. All the video games that are so graphic aren't helping either, along with the legalese plea of temporary insanity. IMO

The loudest bang I ever heard in school was someone flushing an M-80 down the toilet and it going off somewhere in the pipe system. :-X

OP
OP
Michelle

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stoney56 said:
buscadero said:
::) I guess this Crazed Nutcase figured they wouldn't fight back! Problem is, every time an incident like this happens, it gives these borderline psychotics ideas! Then there are the Highly Impressionable Teens w/ real &/or imaginary grievances to avenge!
When I was in HS, Smoking in the John or Overdue Library Books were the most serious problems facing schools!

Joe
Joe, I hear ya loud and clear. All the video games that are so graphic aren't helping either, along with the legalese plea of temporary insanity. IMO

The loudest bang I ever heard in school was someone flushing an M-80 down the toilet and it going off somewhere in the pipe system. :-X
Yes, so that was you Smoking in the boys room?hehe....Really you are right on it...and I hope that somehow the problems that are so overwhelming for people somehow resolve themselves so they don't have to resort to TAKING IT ALL OUT ON OUR KIDS. It's hard enough watching them grow up so fast these days...and hard enough watching them get on the bus for school and having to worry.

OP
OP
Michelle

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This man did us justice.....Sorry, but from what I have heard this morning this man may have had alot more planned than he actually had time to do....He killed innocent children,and had plans to assault them .

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to take my shotgun to school and put it in the cloak room until after school. Then I would cut through the woods on the way home and rabbit hunt. Many times I brought home supper. This wasn't that long ago either, the 50s. Monty

oldman

Dec 5, 2004
Re: What is going on? Monty

Monty, I also took a shot gun to schlool and put it in my wall locker to go hunting after school! No Problems. That was in Cold Spring NY back in the early 40's.

Bill

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Monty, Oldman;

The difference between THEN and NOW is that violence was not glorified in theater, music, video games popular culture. Parents TAUGHT their kids the difference between right and wrong, and wrong had CONSEQUENCES.

Kids then knew what respect and responsibility were. A 12 year old could carry a shotgun, and not be a threat to anyone because it was correctly presumed that he had a legitimate purpose for doing so !

So then, whose fault is it that the world is the way it is today ? OURS ! Our parents certainly didn't permit the things we allow today, and if the kids are the RESULT, they certainly weren't the ones making the decisions for themselves as they grew up.

WE let them watch the videos.
WE let them listen to the violent music.
WE buy the games for their X-Boxes and Gameboys.
WE show them how to get the best of the 'other guy' for our own gain.
WE fail to take them to church.
WE fail to demand accountability in our government.

What is going on ? Exactly what WE allowed to happen. Maybe not to a man, but certainly as a society.

Diggem'

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
diggemall said:
Monty, Oldman;

The difference between THEN and NOW is that violence was not glorified in theater, music, video games popular culture. Parents TAUGHT their kids the difference between right and wrong, and wrong had CONSEQUENCES.

Kids then knew what respect and responsibility were. A 12 year old could carry a shotgun, and not be a threat to anyone because it was correctly presumed that he had a legitimate purpose for doing so !

So then, whose fault is it that the world is the way it is today ? OURS ! Our parents certainly didn't permit the things we allow today, and if the kids are the RESULT, they certainly weren't the ones making the decisions for themselves as they grew up.

WE let them watch the videos.
WE let them listen to the violent music.
WE buy the games for their X-Boxes and Gameboys.
WE show them how to get the best of the 'other guy' for our own gain.
WE fail to take them to church.
WE fail to demand accountability in our government.

What is going on ? Exactly what WE allowed to happen. Maybe not to a man, but certainly as a society.

Diggem'

I don't see how anyone could have said it better. Remember too that kids and grandkids tend to look to Us for guidance and if we fail, it's not just us that falters.

fldiver

Mar 12, 2006
This whole thing is just a shame. The Amish are peaceful, decent people that just mind their own.

Now there is another twist. That nutjob group of people that have been protesting at military funerals with the stance that the deaths are punishment from God for homosexuality wanted to protest at the Amish funerals!!

My understanding is that someone has since offered them airtime on a radio show or something instead, so the nuts are going to take option, thank God. I swear if I ever saw those people at ANY funeral, military or whatever, it would get ugly and bloody quick. I don't care what your agenda is, people should have the right to mourne and lay their loved ones to rest in peace, without fear of it being used as a platform for the agendas of others. This world is just geting too crazy!

OP
OP
Michelle

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What is going on Now it's a bomb threat....

School's Public and Private in Culpeper Co are closed today because of a threat.......My daughter goes to one of those school's....also someone vandalized school buses at the school last night....What is the world coming to that people have to be so IGNORANT!?

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your little bouncing ball has got me hypnotized..................boing, boing, boing, boing, boing, boing, boing, boing, boing, boing, boing, boing, boing.................

OP
OP
Michelle

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Night Stalker said:
Your little bouncing ball has got me hypnotized..................boing, boing, boing, boing, boing, boing, boing, boing, boing, boing, boing, boing, boing.................
:D :D :D ;) Helicopters are everywhere..WE'RE ON THE NEWS....And also some idiot hit a gas main very near the drive in that I want to detect....not far from the school either....dum dum dum.....WHAT A THURSDAY MORNING.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: What is going on Now it's a bomb threat....

Michelle said:
School's Public and Private in Culpeper Co are closed today because of a threat.......My daughter goes to one of those school's....also someone vandalized school buses at the school last night....What is the world coming to that people have to be so IGNORANT!?
Saw that on channel 4 New's this morning......These people's brain's are diseased.....Seriously....I aint gotta tell ya!!

OP
OP
Michelle

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, It was all over the news....EXCEPT the part about the buses being vandalized....I heard that on our scanner....I have a hunch they were connected!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread