OP
OP
Michelle

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know...no one deserves that kind of treatment...no matter who they are/or what! I pulled my daughter from the bus when she was in the 4th grade because of (4) bully boys that kept taunting her...the driver did nothing until after 2-3 mths of it my kid (I don't approve either,BUT) she lost it one day and finally just yelled to them on the bus to "SHUT THE HELL UP"....A fourth grader now! Of course the driver decides to notify the school about this one and I simply dared anyone to put my kid off the bus....they didnt instead they put the boys off for awhile and then after some MOM CONTACT WITH SCHOOL they put the boys in "special seats" no more trouble after that....It is just sad when a kid gets ignored after saying multiple time that they are being harassed that they end up having to deal with it on their own....

Antny

Jun 23, 2006
NY State & Caribbean 18*N
;)
The lunatic is on the grass
The lunatic is on the grass
Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs
Got to keep the loonies on the path
The lunatic is in the hall
The lunatics are in my hall
The paper holds their folded faces to the floor
And every day the paper boy brings more
And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
And if there is no room upon the hill
And if your head explodes with dark forbodings too
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
The lunatic is in my head
The lunatic is in my head
You raise the blade, you make the change
You re-arrange me 'till I'm sane
You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me.
And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

OP
OP
Michelle

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Police have arrested a 25-year-old Culpeper man in connection with the bomb threat that closed every school and daycare facility in the county Oct. 5.

In a 1 p.m. press conference Wednesday, Lt. Patrick Coffey of the Culpeper Police Department said 30 separate phone calls from Sept. 17 to Oct. 5 ranging from death and bomb threats to harassment have been linked to Mark J. Robinson, of 624 Willis Lane.

Justin Brown, a 19-year-old resident of 641 Mountain View Drive, Apt. C is also a suspect.

Robinson was arrested Tuesday night, after police searched his home, on six felony charges of making bomb threats, threatening to kill or injure by phone and using obscene or vulgar language over the telephone. Police seized computers and computer equipment. He is being held in Culpeper County Jail on no bond.

“Through the assistance of the FBI, FCC, ATF, Culpeper County Sheriff’s Office and the Virginia State Police, we were able to track some information through the phone lines back to the suspect Mr. Robinson and to Mr. Brown’s residence,” Coffey said. “It is a lengthy process and it just took some time. That is why we were here today.”

When detectives searched Robinson’s home, Coffey said no bomb making materials or weapons of any sort were found that would indicate he was capable of carrying out the alleged threats. Coffey said no motive has been identified.

Read More...

“At this point,” Coffey said, “speaking with other detectives working the case in other agencies, we have not established a clear and present motive that Mr. Robinson had for making the threats.”

Tuesday night police also searched Brown’s apartment and seized a computer and computer equipment. They also interviewed him. Police have not decided to press charges at this time.

“Hopefully we will come to some conclusion with that suspect by the end of this week,” Coffey said. “He does have a link to Mr. Robinson and he is being questioned.”

During the press conference, CCPS Superintendent David Cox said he was unaware of any threats made to the schools prior to Oct. 5, when every public and private school closed.

Cox said parents remained supportive of the school’s decision to close last Thursday, “and that really means a lot to us.” According to Cox, parents shared their appreciation via e-mail, calls and letters to the school.

He was also unclear if Justin Brown was ever a student in the system.

Coffey said with 30 separate calls — all of which are being investigated — more charges could be expected in the future.

Cox continues to discuss security measures with other school and law enforcement officials. He also said he was deeply grateful for law enforcement efforts and cooperation with school officials.

“We are always looking at ways to improve security,” Cox said. “We just ask that parents, staff and students be more diligent and vigilant and if they see anything that doesn’t look quite right to let somebody know.”

OP
OP
Michelle

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh with terrorism the way it is now...it will stick...this kind of a threat is a sticker....what they didnt print was that he also had plans and threated to Bomb Best western hotel , and the police department in town....This was mentioned on the radio news...but not printed! after all of this crap, the following Monday morning a 14 yr. old from an elementary school here in Culpeper got on the school bus and called from her cell phone another bomb threat....She was arrested....Dang! They think they will expell her! ::)

OP
OP
Michelle

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrs.oroblanco said:
Let us not forget that we cannot do very much anymore to discipline the children. The children turn you in and you become a child abuser.

My school had a "board of education" made out of oak, and if you screwed up at school, you didn't go complaining to your parents, because then
your parents would punish you.

Now we have "the naughty chair" and "time out" and kids that grow up thinking that there are really no consequences to their actions.

Even Dr. Spock, who helped raise alot of children, decided he was wrong with that philosophy, but heaven help the parent that bumps their kid in the butt when they are acting like a butt-head.
SOOOOOO RIGHT....My 13 yr. old talks to us like we are just any old bodies...A REAL SMART AZZ....anyway, back in the good old days (when she only knew and spoke a few wods) it was easy to walk away...5-6 yrs older she pees me off and I can walk away count to ten and go back in I get over it....along about 10-11 I would literally count to 10-15 after walking away (no good) I have had to take her(she's a stout kid too) and literally turn her over my knee and spank her(didnt hurt her as much as it did me....(my feelings and ohhh my back) and in the other room her Dad hears me say,"Now you see I am still the boss here and if you need me to remind you of it again...You just let me know..."then I said" you are never to old for me to spank."The first thing she said afterwards were "Im gonna tell"....WHAT DO YOU DO....Kids have this impression of a better life or something outside of being disciplend...She'll say she would have more"fun"being somewhere else.......What do you say/do?

OP
OP
Michelle

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have thought about sending her to a "brat camp",but I wonder if it's really the right thing...At times "yes"...then I think "why can't I discipline my own kid" What's so wrong with it.... why send her somewhere and have a total stranger yelling in her face when we do that here at home...and occasionally a good "reality check" whack on the rear end. Too many times we have thought of sending her away...there's just so much no one understands about the bonds we have with our kids.Also, she is an only child....that makes her a #1 brat!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread