jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Capitol BlueCross has pledged to give a half-million dollars to the victims' families to help cover their enormous hospital bills. It's just one of many organizations around the area and the globe offering support.

It's against Amish tradition to seek donations in times of need. But in this case, the donations are coming to them, in a very large way.

Known for rolling back prices, Lancaster County’s three area Wal-Mart stores rolled out donation jugs Wednesday to help the victims' families. “There's been a lot of people just putting money in there and thanking us for having it up front,” says Crystal Ward, Ephrata Wal-Mart.

But, the outpouring of support isn't just seen through such public displays. Mennonite Central Committee and Mennonite Disaster Service, two independent disaster relief organizations, have teamed up to collect more than $80,000 from folks in the community and around the world. “Since it was so much apart of our core constituency, the Amish community, we've decided to collaborate on virtually everything we're doing,” says Ken Sensenig, Mennonite Central Committee.

Even in their own time of grief the Amish continues to follow its tradition of unselfishness by asking donations also be made to the shooter, Charles Roberts' family.

Most of the donations collected will go to the Nickel Mines Accountability Group, a group created to make sure all of the donations go where they need to be.

You can also drop off a donation at any of the following banks: Bank of Lancaster County, Ephrata National Bank, Hometowne Heritage Bank and Susquehanna Bank. Checks should be made out to the Nickel Mines School Victims Fund. The donations will go to the Anabaptist Foundation which will help distribute the money.

Fulton Bank is also accepting donations for both the Amish families and the Roberts family.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have said many already....These people are the nicest people you could ever meet,The farm I hunt at Antietam is run by Mennonite's and I spend alot of time talking to the them.I've been going up there for over fifteen year's and have watched that family grow and have seen what kind of people they are and what they are about....There's no reason in the world anyone should have done this to these people....It make's me sick to my stomach

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
civilman1 said:
I have said many already....These people are the nicest people you could ever meet,The farm I hunt at Antietam is run by Mennonite's and I spend alot of time talking to the them.I've been going up there for over fifteen year's and have watched that family grow and have seen what kind of people they are and what they are about....There's no reason in the world anyone should have done this to these people....It make's me sick to my stomach

The type of people who are sick enough to commit these types of crimes , will and do strike anywhere. Look what happened last week in Colorado. This crime wasnt directed at the Amish,but it was because this man knew they were defenseless and remote with no phones. He was after 12 yr old girls. What is sad, is the fact that it shows that it can happen to any community.

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Shame what is going on all over the world today. And of course for 1000's of years. Nice to catch em before, but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way. I certainly hope the families of those girls are getting great support and will be able to someday come at peace with this senseless trajedy.

Postalrevnant

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions