Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    us
    Jun 2009
    san antonio
    1 times

Re: How To Sell A House....Need suggestions

Badger, does the lake have a name? How long have you owned this place? What is the sq. ft. and condition? Is it in a neighbor hood or on one of those funky/cool lake roads? Is the property on the shore?
    I bet we could sell this. I would target Chicago and Cleveland and Detroit.

Heck, there's still peeps in Saginaw with money for a lake house. Make it irresistible. Sell the dream, man. Deer, birch and foliage.

Good Luck

us
    what hath god wrought

Feb 2009
    Gateway to the 1000 Islands
    Sometime(s)
    685 times
    tectin crap

Quote Originally Posted by snakeyes
    Try googleing For Sale by Owner
    ForSaleByOwner.com, FSBO, very effective, known also as "Fisbo".

Federal Bureau of Governmental Redundancy Reduction Agency

us
    what hath god wrought

Feb 2009
    Gateway to the 1000 Islands
    Sometime(s)
    685 times
    tectin crap

Badger, I'd give my left eye tooth for that gem. About five years ago they were selling off Adirondack Park property, boy scouts land since like 1930 or so, 500 acres+, beautiful lake, beach houses, cabins, mess hall, outbuildings, old outdoor auditorium with wooden benches in a natural amphitheater, landlocked salmon, brookies, rainbows. Even smelt. Not to mention three or four old two story houses built on the shoreline. They wanted about 1.5 mill. Got offer for 1.2 mill. But the sale fell apart over the exact lines of the property. The economy tanked, no more serious offers were made for a while. Finally it was sold for 475 grand about a year or two ago. I only found a couple silver outa there, the place was hit hard thru the eighties and nineties, it was a bonanza grounds back in the heyday. But I bet there are a ton more silver in there.
    Federal Bureau of Governmental Redundancy Reduction Agency

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    115 times
    eating

Quote Originally Posted by gleaner1
    Badger, I'd give my left eye tooth for that gem. About five years ago they were selling off Adirondack Park property, boy scouts land since like 1930 or so, 500 acres+, beautiful lake, beach houses, cabins, mess hall, outbuildings, old outdoor auditorium with wooden benches in a natural amphitheater, landlocked salmon, brookies, rainbows. Even smelt. Not to mention three or four old two story houses built on the shoreline. They wanted about 1.5 mill. Got offer for 1.2 mill. But the sale fell apart over the exact lines of the property. The economy tanked, no more serious offers were made for a while. Finally it was sold for 475 grand about a year or two ago. I only found a couple silver outa there, the place was hit hard thru the eighties and nineties, it was a bonanza grounds back in the heyday. But I bet there are a ton more silver in there.
    I agree. Silver is easy to miss.

When the price of property gets much over $100,000 it's a hard sell today most everywhere. If people can't make the payments it doesn't matter how great the deal is.

I see lots of real estate going today for under $50,000 that 10 years ago may have brought $90,000. Foreclosures are the name of the game right now and many younger folks with good incomes are cleaning up on super investment deals. My son is constantly buying duplexes and small houses.

I heard of one fellow in the area who had a house evaluated at about $750,000. A few years ago he turned down about $550,000 for it. He recently sold it for about $350,000 (I heard).

This downtrend isn't over by any means. All the feedback I'm getting indicates we haven't seen anything yet. The recovery in real estate is not expected for at least another 20 years. They could be wrong and surprises do happen but I doubt it.

These are fabulous days of opportunity for young folks with big incomes.
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    991 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

It really sounds like a great little getaway Now let's talk credit terms.. I know I have little to no creditability, but what about actual credit

Sadly, I think it's what most people think, the market will remain weak for a long, long time to come. Like you, I don't think we hit bottom yet and that is scarey. Good luck

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    115 times
    eating

It costs about twice what a house is worth today to build it. An existing house that's $50,000 will cost up to a $100,000 (or more) to build new.

The thing that will eventually increase house values will be the need for more housing (saturation).

Right now there are plenty of empty homes for sale cheap. In our area there are more for sale than not. When they all get bought up the prices will begin to rise for existing homes (supply and demand). Eventually a new house will be a little cheaper than buying an existing one (like it used to be). The reason being avoiding the hassles of building plus location.

But the question is, when will the market swing the other direction? Today people are struggling with income, having to live with mom & dad (or share apartments or houses).

Nov 2007
    somewhere between here and there, south of over there but north of that place
    titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
    312 times

what are the taxes? real estate, school and any others? what is the current zoning plan for the area?
    when you tug on a single thing in nature, you'll find it's connected to the rest of the world. John muir

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    115 times
    eating

Quote Originally Posted by davest
    what are the taxes? real estate, school and any others? what is the current zoning plan for the area?
    The taxes are low if one lives there. I never did and for a time we rented it (big mistake) so I pay something like $2,500 a year. Someone else takes care of the real estate for me but I could check.

It's residential only surrounded by a lot of state land. The view from the picture window looks like one owns the whole lake (the DNR property).

Not sure of the school but I think it's the Gaylord system.

I'm just now seriously thinking of selling and in the next few weeks I should have more together on it. Like I've said, I rarely have visited the house.

Thanks,

Badger

us
    Feb 2010
    103 times

There was a guy on the radio called Chuck Harder that said to get a 4X8 sheet of plywood, put "Owner must sell" in paint on it. He said it was effective. W/ only 2 or 3 cars a day driving by that might not work. Good luck.

us
    Mr.

Jan 2012
    Yourtown
    Garrett
    43 times

Advertise it as a hunting property.
    If it were easy and we scored keepers everytime it would be called Coin Roll Picking not Coin Roll Hunting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors