Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
It costs about twice what a house is worth today to build it. An existing house that's $50,000 will cost up to a $100,000 (or more) to build new.

The thing that will eventually increase house values will be the need for more housing (saturation).

Right now there are plenty of empty homes for sale cheap. In our area there are more for sale than not. When they all get bought up the prices will begin to rise for existing homes (supply and demand). Eventually a new house will be a little cheaper than buying an existing one (like it used to be). The reason being avoiding the hassles of building plus location.

But the question is, when will the market swing the other direction? Today people are struggling with income, having to live with mom & dad (or share apartments or houses).

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
davest said:
what are the taxes? real estate, school and any others? what is the current zoning plan for the area?

The taxes are low if one lives there. I never did and for a time we rented it (big mistake) so I pay something like $2,500 a year. Someone else takes care of the real estate for me but I could check.

It's residential only surrounded by a lot of state land. The view from the picture window looks like one owns the whole lake (the DNR property).

Not sure of the school but I think it's the Gaylord system.

I'm just now seriously thinking of selling and in the next few weeks I should have more together on it. Like I've said, I rarely have visited the house.

Thanks,

Badger

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
There was a guy on the radio called Chuck Harder that said to get a 4X8 sheet of plywood, put "Owner must sell" in paint on it. He said it was effective. W/ only 2 or 3 cars a day driving by that might not work. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread