How do you like your ribs?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
OK, I got this inside tip on baby back ribs. This is how Out Back does it. They marinate the ribs overnite. Then they bake them. When the order comes in, they pop them on the grill to heat them and give them that grilled look. Presto,prefection! Frank

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankn said:
OK, I got this inside tip on baby back ribs. This is how Out Back does it. They marinate the ribs overnite. Then they bake them. When the order comes in, they pop them on the grill to heat them and give them that grilled look. Presto,prefection! Frank
Then they grind up whats lef over and sell them to McD's and call it a MacRib :tongue3:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
reheated food -- no surprize there if you ever worked in a for profiet kitchen --prepreped food is the norm -- think they make ribs from scratch in 15 min? --it takes hours to made ribs slide off the bone tender .

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i dont like them at all, or sea food yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk :tongue3:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
straight from the grill with BBQ

nothing fancy or anything else

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with you FarmerChick. Fast grilled to bark the outside, then slow cooked til done.

all ya gotta do is slap em on the fire side of the grill for 5 minutes, then move them to the cool side of same grill for 45 minutes to an hour. Maybe give em a coat of beer/sugar/sweetbaby rays to add a carmelized coat. yummmmm.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You want really sweet, tangy tasting ribs ? I learned a trick from a Korean I worked with yeas ago, just marinate the ribs in 7-up overnight, then slow roast.. :thumbsup: He made ribs that were to die for.

wildman4910

Sep 1, 2010
Cocoa, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Marinade overnight, sauce, bake in oven til 95% done then resauce & smoke for 15~20 min till 100% done.

Makes for moist fall off the bone ribs that taste like ribs should instead of 95% woodsmoke 5%ribs. ;D

Anyhow that's the way I do them!

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lonesomebob said:
I still prefer them attached to my spine. hehehe
Sorry Frank, I got to stick with Bob on this one!!! :tongue3: :tongue3:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Marinate for a long period or coat with a dry rub . Slow smoke in a sidebox grill for 2 hrs and then go to just low ,225,heat until they are ready to fall off the bone and still moist and tender .

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Marinade overnight in thousand Island dressing. Cook in tin foil for half the time, then open them and cook directly on grill for the other half. Oak or maple. Mesquite is good for fish and chicken.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread