poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife left on a cruise last saturday. From I think Ft. lauderdale to Aruba, then back to Florida. Got a call Tuesday nite. CDC make them turn the barge around and bring her home. She said a outbreak of sick on board. Before boarding saturday Mrs. Poor say they not aloud to board til they sanatize ship from previous cruise outbreak of sickness..

I told her "I would be leary about getting on board that boat".. But who would waste $859.00 by saying no!! :dontknow:

Think it called---The Princess Crown :icon_scratch:

Poorhunter

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw on the news that there were 2 or 3 ships at the same time that had outbreaks. Thats the bad thing about a ship; You have a huge number or people confined to an area. If you are sick, you WILL spread it. The ships ask everyone when they check in if they have a fever, sysmptoms, etc or been sick recently.

This is the outcome when people lie.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow hope she is OK

and I hope they credit her another trip for the future.

yea, small confinement and sick is a bad combo!!

OP
OP
poorhunter78

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FarmerChick said:
wow hope she is OK

Refund-Yes, also % off on future cruise, Hotel stay. Hope they gave the phone call for free. If not I be a little :angry5:

Think I would be bunking out on the Bow.. Open air. :headbang:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh that is nice. at least she got that compensation.

yea, open air and away from everyone. doesn't sound like a 'fun' cruise but at least ya might come back healthy and alive :laughing9:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poorhunter..........rest assured, the Commodore will take care of this problem! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
poorhunter78

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop said:
Poorhunter..........rest assured, the Commodore will take care of this problem! :thumbsup:
Thanks Scoop!!

Next time, They can call Bigscoop's Cruise lines, And Gator Safari's.. :laughing7:

Well there is an Aunt, I think I will get her a pass on the Safari.. :thumbsup:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well I do hope the wifes allright and things turn out OK, but the cruise industry appears to be in a death spiral. I think the next forms will have a disclamer that sayes, not responsible for Legionairs, food poisoning or drowning. I think in this hard economy they are cutting to many corners.
Legionairs comes from dirty air ducts, the food poisoning is from low grade food or poor handeling of it and the drownings come from the clowns they hire to captain there ships. My neighbor was a first mate and he told me about them. Frank

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, more bs from frankn. What cruise line did this neighbor work for?

Apparently you haven't been on a cruise ship.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
There are those that add to a post and those that subtract from a post. Jason FALLS into the latter groupe.
Frank

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poorhunter...for $859.00 I'll load her into my best canoe, serve her fruity drinks, take her on a tour of the mangroves, show her the sights and sounds, put her up a tent on her very own island with her own little white beach for a few nights, provide her with food, water, and lots of bugs spray, and promise to go back for her in three or four days. I promise you it will be a southern cruise and adventure she'll never forget! :laughing9: And the best part, you won't have to worry about her spending $859.00 on another cruise with me. :laughing9: :thumbsup: Just say the word and I've got your back buddy......... :wink: :laughing9:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see that the ship just docked in FL, 2 days short of it's run....

I don't think she'll be a happy camper when she gets back. So you better get in gear and get your house shipshape, or you may just get the beating of your life :laughing9:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
There are those that add to a post and those that subtract from a post. Jason FALLS into the latter groupe.
Frank

There are those that tell the truth and those that lie to get attention. I guess you fall into the latter group.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That really sucks about the short trip and CDC. I have been on two Cruises myself and they were the best vactions every. At that time we were treated very very well.

OP
OP
poorhunter78

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
I see that the ship just docked in FL, 2 days short of it's run....

I don't think she'll be a happy camper when she gets back. So you better get in gear and get your house shipshape, or you may just get the beating of your life :laughing9:
Spart, Wait til she opens the closet.. I'm safe for a few days.. :laughing9:
FarmerChick said:
wow hope she is OK

Yeah Chick, Reimbursed for trip, Flight home, and 25% off future til end of 2013..

Oh yeah! The Phone Home! Was free also.. :thumbsup:
bigscoop said:
Poorhunter...for $859.00 I'll load her into my best canoe, serve her fruity drinks, take her on a tour of the mangroves, show her the sights and sounds, put her up a tent on her very own island with her own little white beach for a few nights, provide her with food, water, and lots of bugs spray, and promise to go back for her in three or four days. I promise you it will be a southern cruise and adventure she'll never forget! :laughing9: And the best part, you won't have to worry about her spending $859.00 on another cruise with me. :laughing9: :thumbsup: Just say the word and I've got your back buddy......... :wink: :laughing9:
Scoop, Only a 1 way Pass will be needed!!! :laughing9:
Jason in Enid said:
Frankn said:
Frank

There are those that tell the truth and those that lie to get attention. I guess you fall into the latter group.
Where is Your Truth Jason, :dontknow: I know Frank personally.. Seems you are seeking the Attention.. :tongue3:

Beans said:
That really sucks about the short trip and CDC. I have been on two Cruises myself and they were the best vactions every. At that time we were treated very very well.
Beans, All is well.. she landed at airport, Now home.. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread