Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, are you kidding me, or what :laughing9:

Number one is so annoying I'd put a plastic bag over her head until she spoke normally. Then again, she may not last that long either :tongue3:

As far as the second one goes... Where in the world did you ever get a video of a person signing that stutters :laughing7:

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll take a good Southern Drawl. I have found in my travels that with almost any accent and a few U.S. Twenties you can get by anywhere in the world. Those twenties speak louder than any accent.

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please tell me what you think is the best accent in the world to have.
Hill Billy....cause you can....have your dishes washed...your cloths washed....and breakfest made...aand only say...mornning....wannnna wasssh my ddduddes, aalallright...iim hunngory, got grritsss,yessim. weell pour me a platee of that their...stufff..and cost me what you must.....perdty ladty.....:tongue3:...

Just incase their is a hillbilly up in these parts......My day walked bare foot up hill both ways to town in the foot hills of James Town Tennessee... and if you think that is wild...my dad used a paint can as a lunch box and he didnt have a pizza till the 3 date with my mom...LOL at the age 17....he was born in 1940 and is still alive....WooHooo

He didnt have shoes at the age 16....he had a GUN,....pocket coins and a knife.....like most now days....right?

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to think french and aussie women were sexiest sounding.
However, get a load of the woman in the fiat abarth tv commercial. geeeesh, i'd leave bbcamay for that babe

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You're deeper than I thought :laughing7:

That is an interesting question to ponder for sure and it will vary from country to country.. I've come to appreciate many accents over my lifetime, and the only one that really sounds rough is German. I think even if they are talking in a sexy manner, it sounds like they want to kill you :laughing7: For the intent of the post, I'll go with a woman speaking in a Brazilian accent; soft and sexy :thumbsup:

As for me, I'll be happy to keep my "Bronx" accent :laughing9:

Hey. Just think of the beauty of some words:

mariposa-spanish for butterfly
papillon- french for butterfly
schmetterling-GERMAN for OK, I agree with you...

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hill Billy....cause you can....have your dishes washed...your cloths washed....and breakfest made...aand only say...mornning....wannnna wasssh my ddduddes, aalallright...iim hunngory, got grritsss,yessim. weell pour me a platee of that their...stufff..and cost me what you must.....perdty ladty.....:tongue3:...

Just incase their is a hillbilly up in these parts......My day walked bare foot up hill both ways to town in the foot hills of James Town Tennessee... and if you think that is wild...my dad used a paint can as a lunch box and he didnt have a pizza till the 3 date with my mom...LOL at the age 17....he was born in 1940 and is still alive....WooHooo

He didnt have shoes at the age 16....he had a GUN,....pocket coins and a knife.....like most now days....right?

OMG ...my bad i'v been testing my steeel..its a new run....sweet corn...Wooohooo.......he was born in 1932...NOT 40....my god....im slipping..LOL

Last edited:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey. Just think of the beauty of some words:

mariposa-spanish for butterfly
papillon- french for butterfly
schmetterling-GERMAN for OK, I agree with you...

I just tried to google something with a German accent that sounds soft and romantic. After several minutes of an engine search, all I got back from google is the icon below

:laughing9:

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like a good, natural Southern drawl because it is smooth and soothing to the ear. I used to do business with some Yanks from New York and Boston on the phone and they talked so fast it was like listening to a machine gun. They had no time for good manners and sociable introductions.

Remember the Beach Boys? They had a love for California Girls, but they liked the way the Southern Peaches talked. But, it has to be real and natural. It cannot be faked.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best friend is Aussie, love the accent!
I have that thick southern accent. I can't shake it, after 30 yrs in S. Florida. Let the yanks think I'm dumber than a sack of hair (it don't bother me). The southern folks just keep pouring me more free ice tea. :hello2:
I was told my accent in Oz is actually considered exotic! Go figure! :icon_scratch:

GrizLeeBear, you should listen to the Cubans when they get to talking really fast....... I liken it to a turkey call. :laughing7:
(warning for some, a turkey will be shot and die, do not watch if you is one of those bleeding heart animal protectors and/or just really sensitive)

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
I just tried to google something with a German accent that sounds soft and romantic. After several minutes of an engine search, all I got back from google is the icon below

:laughing9:

Google "Marlene Dietrich". She was very popular over there for a while i believe? :tongue3:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano, she dropped her German accent faster than the Nazi's running through Poland :tongue3: I even heard a clip from 1930, and her German accent was weak to say the least, she wanted to put a great distance between her, and her German ancestry :laughing7: That's not to say she wasn't attractive, but if she was near me with that German accent, I'd have a plastic bag for her too :tongue3:

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Accent is in the ear of the listener. My Missouri Twang sounded like Alabama or Mississippi to people up north. When I went to Texas they called me a Yankee. Wasn't Shelby Foote from Tennessee?
Like others, I think the best accent is the one you can understand but I get a kick outta Maine & Bass Tin.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
uglymailman,

When I was working in marketing for the railway in Canada.....it always broke me up when speaking with my counterparts at the CSX and NS....

The folks at NS especially who were based in Roanoke, VA they'd answer the phone with that southern drawl and say "how you doing y'all".....and these were folks with MBA's......some of the nicest people I dealt with btw.

Regards + HH

Bill

Accent is in the ear of the listener. My Missouri Twang sounded like Alabama or Mississippi to people up north. When I went to Texas they called me a Yankee. Wasn't Shelby Foote from Tennessee?
Like others, I think the best accent is the one you can understand but I get a kick outta Maine & Bass Tin.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
For a girl, Texas has a nice chime to it. No girl should have a NYC or Valley girl sound. Many people in the West talk and move about closer to American Indians than like other Americans. Sort of slower without unnecessary expression. Like driving down a road and seeing someone you recognize, you raise one or maybe two fingers. No waving like other places.
Something has happened in the world though. There is a Russian bluegrass group called The Bearing Straight. When they came to the US they had a middle American accent. I should say USA accent. They said they learned by watching US tv.
I began to listen and people in other countries, especially girls speak the same mid American with no overtones of their native accent. Not definable except mid-American. I think it's because so many young identify with the American lifestyle, as they want to believe, and they practice by watching US TV. Take a listen next time. It's strange and it's fairly recent, like the last ten/twelve years.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I also notice something has happened many American women speech. Younger people. They have begun to crackle and seem to run out of breath. I don't know why but it's fairly recent. It's like a low monotone that breaks up and continues until I think they are about to gasp for air. I've even heard it on tv commercials. Odd as those that do commercials usually pay attention to everything. They are supposed to know if you want a mans attention, use a woman's voice. A nice one.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i hate the style of ending every sentence with a question inflection

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread