Walking Over GOLD!

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im thinking somewhere along the lines of stars in the sky. Once you start MD you realize there is alot of stuff out there burried in the ground just 3-8 inches deep. I cant imagine what all is out there even deeper.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once saw a movie about a little girl and a small puppy walking over a ton of it. :laughing9: She had some weird friends too. :hello:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twasn't her fault! They just looked like bricks :o!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, I have a sincere fondness for pull tabs and think about them all the time :blob7:

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After doing a little research I just found out that my 42 acres homestead is in an area of highly mineralized ground. Some people have lots of zinc, copper and silver that live above me. The lake above me is supposedly an old volcano so I'm in the old flows path. Can't wait for summer to check my river beds and see what's there. Yep a river runs through my property also.:laughing7:

C

Cappy Z.

Marchas45 said:
After doing a little research I just found out that my 42 acres homestead is in an area of highly mineralized ground. Some people have lots of zinc, copper and silver that live above me. The lake above me is supposedly an old volcano so I'm in the old flows path. Can't wait for summer to check my river beds and see what's there. Yep a river runs through my property also.:laughing7:

Great! So what day this year is the big TN Festival and what should be bring?

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
As for man formed gold items, probably thousands.

Years ago I discovered that many gold items detect like U.S. nickel coins and some like trash metal. Most fine gold chain just doesn't detect...period (unless it's within a couple inches of the surface).

Quality gold finds are extremely scarce. I used to hunt underwater at large swinging beaches back in the 60's to about mid 80's and I sometimes dug a foot or more deep for a junk ring or piece of low grade gold jewelry. Quality gold just wasn't lost all that often. It happened, yes, but was one in 10,000. One has at least a 10,000 times better chance of finding quality gold today in one of those unpaid storage auctions than with a metal detector (but it sometimes does happen).

The top places for lost buried REAL gold coins and REAL gold jewelry today would be certain places off limits for hunting. Places in large cities where once stood brothels, hotels, gambling joints, etc., but now are paved or just plain unsafe to hunt.

Anytime one walks through a large modernized city with hundreds of years of very active history, one is walking over more gold than one would believe.

People a 1000 years from now will be digging gold we missed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread