Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone have one?

We have a real nice steam/creek (kinda bigger than a creek but smaller than a true stream ) running thru the farm.

Well momma took hubby and kiddo and dog to the old homestead this morning. cold out there but being in the trees was helpful.

Chimney finally fell off the top of the fireplace. ALOT of old metal farm equip. laying around...old cast iron sink and all that kind of thing. going to scrap sell most of it and use a few things. Nice brick there also for 'some project" I will devise.

Checked out hubbys tree stands. all seems fine. checked the horse barns and hay barn and equip etc. just to do a once over. getting negelected down there since we stopped farming and hubbys dad is so sick. 120 round bales in one horse barn. gotta sell them or something. UGH dismantling a farm is hard believe me.

down the scary rutted little road to the bottoms.

travelled all around the creek. FOUND A WONDERFUL waterfall and already kinda big swimming hole. Hubby said his Dad mentioned they tooks bath by the old bridge. Rock bridge. was there when his dad's parents homestead there. Might be civil war? big and really cool tho and I am going to metal detect the area along with just searching for clues on what it was?

The waterfall area ---told hubby we are gonna take back a chainsaw, cut a few key trees down, open up the area....drag over bricks to make small fireplace for grilling dogs and burgers....gotta drag out some big limbs over the water hole.....AND VOILA we will have a place to go into the woods, relax, play in the water and just 'be by no one or anything'.

So I found my summer project. Nicole wants to bring her friends to swim the hole and play in the waterfall. sounds good to me. a few brews, some burgers, sparkiling clean swimming, camping chairs and sunshine and hot weather we should have a blast!

if you have a swimming hole tell me about it? love to know what 'special' adaptions you might have added.
sadly not deep enough for any kind of tire swing/rope swing darn it.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a great swimming hole somewhere in Kerhonkson, NY and I can't remember exactly where either. We used to vacation in the Catskills every year until I turned 11. There were 2 creeks that ran parallel and met within a 1/2 mile of this hole. The water was about 5' deep in that little spot. I still remember an old Greek had a stand near there to sell refreshments to the locals too. I just wish I had pictures to share, it was paradise for use little runts :tongue3: I think it may have been close to Peg Leg Pete's which was a very popular resort in the late 50's early 60's. ahh, the memories. ;D

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello FarmerChick, that sounds like a pretty good place. With a little effort it could be made into a wonderful and private
'special place'. I am glad for you and wish you the best of luck with fixing it up just the way you like it. :thumbsup:

Ray

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like a real good way to grow up Spart!!!

thanks Ray
got a bit of work to make it more enjoyable out in the woods but should be nice when done!

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FarmerChick, I think you're on to something.

A word of advice, if you will:

Don't do too much at any one time; have a few beers and take some relaxing times out there with your family and think things through a bit at a time. Your plan will develop naturally and pleasantly. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread