Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Do Y'all Remember.....

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Strip Mining Northern California, One Silver Coin at a time...

Nov 2006
    Santa Rosa, California
    Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. , , Garrett Pro Pointer
    327 times
    Metal Detecting

Re: Do Y'all Remember.....

When I was about 10 years old in the 1960's I was down in the creek with my brother looking for empty coke bottles. We hit the jackpot! We found three wooden crates stacked up on each other hidden in the bushes. Each crate had about 24 bottles in them! We endend up with several dollars each after redeeming them at the store! For two kids without any money that was a big day!
    Hunting San Francisco Bay Area since 1985

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    115 times
    eating

Yup, I remember them all, Scott.

I recall gas at 29.9.

We'd put $4 worth in the 57 Chev and party all night.

I see where somebody has his old BB gun. I still have mine. I won it in a local hardware store drawing back in 1957. Within a week I got into trouble with it and dad took it away for 2 years.

In the mid 60's one could get a factory job for $4-$10 an hour with no skills or experience. It just came down to how hard one wanted to work. Jobs were everywhere and a new American made car was like $3,000. Very nice smaller starter houses were $8,000 to $12,000 with only 10% down.

Today young people are lucky to find a full time job with some decent benefits. I know of people with teaching degrees who can only get part time work at $8 an hour. They work at a local paint store.

Things sure have changed.
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

us
    Endeaver to perservere

Mar 2008
    Aloha, Orygun
    wishing stick
    22 times
    Searching

Good post MB.
    In those days during and after WWII people were devoted to a cause.
    Everyone here in America wanted to help Americans.
    We were one people, Americans.
    Most had come from other countries but we were united in being Americans.

Everyone tried their best to do what they could.
    To help this country.
    Because we felt we were ONE Nation, under God.

Now jobs go offshore because it's cheaper.
    With slave labor.

'Nuff said.

Grey
    Nothing stated may be true as far as we know
    Seek professional advice. Some items are limited
    Not available in all states. Illigitimi non carborundum. Carpe oro.

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    115 times
    eating

Quote Originally Posted by greydigger

Good post MB.
    In those days during and after WWII people were devoted to a cause.
    Everyone here in America wanted to help Americans.
    We were one people, Americans.
    Most had come from other countries but we were united in being Americans.

Everyone tried their best to do what they could.
    To help this country.
    Because we felt we were ONE Nation, under God.

With slave labor.

'Nuff said.

Grey
    Good post!

People are working day and night to alter what the Founding Fathers said and wrote. There was a time when their good points were emphasized and their weaknesses overlooked. Today the opposite is all the rage.

Today people have been led to believe our founders were godless hypocrites. Some were brave and brilliant but even they were greedy with corrupt motives to some degree. That's what young people are being taught today.

Our founders understood that without morality a nation will die. When people live only for themselves and their lusts they are doomed to extinction.

Our enemies (you name it) have been working hard for decades to corrupt us morally because they know it's the only way to bring us down. Our "music," video games, "education," and all media has been designed to program us all to follow the Pied Piper of doom. Rebellion, cheating, unfaithfulness, self-indulgence, you name it.

What we see in America today is exactly what destroyed countless civilizations before us. They didn't listen and neither will Americans. History repeats itself.

I mostly just joke around on the forums because I don't think there is any hope for this country (the country our Founding Fathers built). One might as well get a few laughs while one can.
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    Where good deeds are performed daily
    Garrett Fortune Hunter, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
    1576 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I remember...
    School:

Saying the Pledge of Allegiance every morning with my hand over my heart.
    Paddlings (Was no angel )
    Tornado, fire and end of the world drills. ("Duck and Cover!")

I had my own chair outside of the Principal's Office...
    I never got suspended but could be frequently found in "Detention Hall."

Best,
    Scott
    CAN YA DIG IT?
    Democracy: The only system where
    two idiots can out-vote one genius

us
    May 2008
    Oklahoma
    Ace 250
    148 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by greydigger

With slave labor.
    Not to get off topic, just an interesting article about who makes your iPhones and iPads.

Foxconn, a company that builds iPhones and iPads — among other techy items, employs more than 400,000 people in a factory where they sit silently for a standard shift of 12 hours. Rooms are filled with 20,000 to 30,000 workers and talking is prohibited, Foxconn employees said in an interview with Mike Daisey, a monologist and author. Cameras watch every move of the assembly line. Employees work, eat and live in the factory, staying in 12-by-12 cement rooms that house 15 beds

http://oudaily.com/news/2012/mar/13/...foxconn-uneth/

Fire Buttons Pressed

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    Garrett Fortune Hunter, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
    1576 times

I remember...
    Schoolcon't)

I remember Teachers and Principals who recognized my hidden potentials and encouraged me.
    I remember classmates ostracizing me and the "Bullying" that I endured.
    Most of all, I remember my Mom's acceptance of my abilities and nurturing them.

It is all a part of what leads me to be who I am today.

My Best,
    Scott

CAN YA DIG IT?

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    1576 times

I Remember...
    Siblings:

I have one Sister, 18 months older than me. The rivalries that occurred were typical.

I commandeered her "Easy Bake Oven," a Christmas present that she got when I was about 8 years old. She took control of my Tonka Truck. Fair enough.

I learned how to pick the lock on her diary and read juicy details of her current boyfriend and utilized these revelations to my advantge by negotiating transfer of selected items of her record albums to my collection.
    Some might consider this to be "blackmail."
    I saw it as "leveraged negotiations"....this was when I was about 12 years old.

Once this alleged activity was disclosed to my parents, a lock was installed on my Sister's bedroom door. . .
    Took me about 15 minutes to figure out how breach this obstacle. Today, I'm a Locksmith.
    I learned. Yes, I learned to not disclose the basis or source of my knowledge.

Kinda wish I had a brother or two...nothing like a coupla good ole fistfights to bring brothers close....

Best,
    Scott
    CAN YA DIG IT?

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    800 times

Au24k,
    Sibling rivalry My sister was 9 years younger than me and I had to be her protector .
    My first wife and I had 3 girls and a boy , stairstepped a little over a year apart . They looked after
    each other in public and were farm kids at home . Little brother got wooled a lot at home . I cautioned them that he would soon be the same size they were , so they better be nice to him .....
    They laughed .
    Oldest daughter got all dolled up for her her first date with a guy that we had never met that was coming to our house for the first time . That's when the boy struck .
    He tackled and hog tied her , then stuffed her behind the couch before the guy showed up . Her screams for help brought my response of ,"I told ya so "
    Guy showed up and introduced himself and his intention to take my daughter out . I splained to him that he was welcome here and could take her on the date as soon as he got her from behind the couch and untied her Coulda knocked his eyeballs off with a stick .
    Good outcome . They been married for many years now and have 2 wonderful kids of their own
    Wolfpack forever

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    1576 times

I remember:
    Adolescent "Love."

I remember asking out a girl to go roller skating when I was about 12.
    Being rejected but still went roller skating alone....

Hormones, a new and unknown player in the game has just made your opinions of the opposite sex re-consider how you view others. Their desires and goals...your desires and goals.

Trying to determine the fine line of the difference between Love and Lust.
    [center]

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Best,
    Scott
    CAN YA DIG IT?

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    1576 times

My God, what fury (ignorance) have I unleashed by this previous post?

It clearly shows that I can remember when computers were as big as the whole room!

Please excuse this "Techno-Age 'Old Timer'" and I promise that I'll try to keep up....{dang...how would I fix that last post?}

Oh,
    Best,
    Scott
    CAN YA DIG IT?

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    1576 times

OK,
    For the topic of adolescent "Love," I will attempt this poignent video of my adolescence....

[center]
    I hope this works...

I remember my first love. How 'bout you?

Best,
    Scott
    CAN YA DIG IT?

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    1576 times

I give up! Hands in the air, total defeat, I give up.

All of this linking, copy and paste, and all of this other computer techno crap makes me pine more for the mountains and a simpler life....
    A'hem...

But y'all can follow along with my feelings, right?

My Best,
    Scott
    CAN YA DIG IT?

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    1576 times

Quote Originally Posted by truckinbutch
    Au24k,
    Sibling rivalry My sister was 9 years younger than me and I had to be her protector .
    My first wife and I had 3 girls and a boy , stairstepped a little over a year apart . They looked after
    each other in public and were farm kids at home . Little brother got wooled a lot at home . I cautioned them that he would soon be the same size they were , so they better be nice to him .....
    They laughed .
    Oldest daughter got all dolled up for her her first date with a guy that we had never met that was coming to our house for the first time . That's when the boy struck .
    He tackled and hog tied her , then stuffed her behind the couch before the guy showed up . Her screams for help brought my response of ,"I told ya so "
    Guy showed up and introduced himself and his intention to take my daughter out . I splained to him that he was welcome here and could take her on the date as soon as he got her from behind the couch and untied her Coulda knocked his eyeballs off with a stick .
    Good outcome . They been married for many years now and have 2 wonderful kids of their own

Scott
    CAN YA DIG IT?

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    1576 times

I Remember...

Songs and Music:

I remember sneaking under the covers at night in bed when I should have been asleep, instead listening to the Saint Louis Cardinal baseball games on an early AM/FM transistor radio. (1960's)
    I remember Pat Boone.
    I remember the Four Seasons.
    I remember music BEFORE Disco!!

Post your songs and what they mean to you!

Best,
    Scott
    CAN YA DIG IT?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Sponsors