OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minergirl,

I remember you. I once asked you for a date in high school but I wasn't one of the "cool" kids and you laughed at me.
I thought that one day you would regret my advances, and, BINGO!
I would probably turn you down for a date now, 'cause I have more self respect than you can hope for or once had.
No offense, probably a great story for a movie, but, I now have a great degree of self respect and a fantastic career.
So, who is the loser?

Still love ya, girl!
Best Wishes,
Scott

PS. Wanna go out on a date? :hello2:

I think that I can sneak it past my Mom....:laughing7:

Last edited:

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AU24K...??...Talk about Random...You must be thinking about my Twin...Which High School since I attended 2...I'm sure it wasn't personal since my Marine Corps Dad rarely allowed me to Date...Too funny.

MinerGirl

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummmm
Perhaps I am mistaken,...
My apologies.

But, you girls know what I'm talkin' about...:icon_thumleft:

Yep. I'm the man. You want me. Your girlfriends may laugh....:dontknow:

Yeah, My Mom doesn't need to know everything....
It's just you and me.....

I'm available, girls.... :laughing7:

Best,
Scott

Sad, ain't it? This boy has some problems....ain't wired right., ya know...oh, he's harmless enough, though...just a bit off center is all.....

What are you talking about? Don't make me prove you wrong! A confrontation here is inapropriate. If you want to discuss this, here is not the place....I will gladly discuss this at your place...

OK. Let's talk..Just calm down....

What do you mean, "Sad?"

Ummmm....I'll get back to y'all later....here I go again....sheesh.....

Last edited:

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey AU24K...No Fas Mal...Portuguese for.."No problem"...I posted a link to your "Memorial Day" post...Hope you like. Very Strange thing happened today...A Helicopter circled my house today!..Very low and could see a guy in the cockpit. Reminded me of the days when my Dad would do fly-overs to say "HI" to us kids...Was a great day for that!...Thanks for your service...

MinerGirl

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I served, in the towers at the nuke base in Germany, during the "Cold War," we would sometimes be subjected to "war games" and when my tower was "strafed" by friendly German pilots in MIG's, and when they would bank, missing my tower by mere feet, I could see the pilot grinning at me and I would give them a thumbs up!

The sonic boom resulting shook me to my soul....

I've said too much....

Pardon me, I have to answer the door....

My Best Wishes,
Scott

Last edited:

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember driving through very heavy fog and getting lost as I tried to take my wife to hospital
for the birth of our first son at 3 AM.
I remember waiting and watching my first born male child walking home from his first day of school.
I remember same person coming home safe in his Marine uniform from Iraq (First trip).
I can't remember my next door neighbors name.
Grey

Synful

Tenderfoot
Sep 16, 2008
Deltona,Florida
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The70s.jpg

Col.Philo95thNY

Jul 27, 2007
Ocala, Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MineLab Explorer I & II, SE Pro, Fisher CZ-20, Fisher 6a, Bounty Hunter LandStar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Home made go-carts, and scooters decorated with the bottle caps, and racoons tails, davey crooket nats, daisy bb rifles, string tops, moives 0.25 cents with 7 cartoons including Laural & Hardy. three stooges. Sleeping on the fire escape with comforters and large pillows, flying kites, roller skating (Chicargo) franks and pizza 0.15 cents, coney island roller costers, the wonder wheel, spooky house. circus, I can go on and on... Those were indeed the days.. Chevy BelAir, Super Sport, Mustangs, GTO. Times Square ( a frank, hamber, sode or drink, 0.35 cents, automats, drive in movies (bring in others in the trunk) freak shows, dots, candy on the paper. mary janes, root beer barrals, ices, giant loly pops at coney island, skelzies, water ballon fights, three wheeler bikes, radio flyers, converse, pro-keds, ps flyers, those iron clad shoes, (Bull Dogs) knits, mohair hats, shark skin slacks, kaki's... x-ray glasses, trick soap, wired magic mouse, and coin. louieville slugger bats. american band stand, mickey mouse club, howdie doodie, chiller theater (six fingered hand), the late show, late late show, suspenders, long johns.

Thanks for the memories

Phil_NY 51 to present

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember sneaking away from our yard to go to the park 3-4 blocks away, crossing a busy street when I was 7 or 8 to hopefully see the man with a metal detector finding FREE money!

Sometimes he would give me a wheat penny or other coin that he had found and he would show me how to carefully dig the treasure that his machine would locate.

I would usually get a spankin' from my Mom, for sneaking away and crossing the busy street, but it was always worth it!

I saved money from selling flower and vegetable seeds door to door and from my chores and eventually I was able to afford to buy my very own metal detector from Radio Shack that was a kit that I had to put together.

I was disappointed to learn that I needed a soldering iron to assemble my machine, and had to save up a little bit longer to buy a soldering iron. The man at Radio Shack was helpful in explaining how to use the soldering iron and how to successfully assemble my first metal detector.

Once I had my machine completed, I went to the yards of the folks that I had sold seeds to and was allowed to search their yards.
ALL of the coins that I found were mine!
I was immediately hooked for life!
This was all back in the '60's.

I remember the man who introduced me to metal detecting, a man named Sylvester Brown, and every time I'm out swinging my "beep stick," if a child approaches and shows interest, I become the kind old man who takes the time to share my hobby and teach them how to properly dig and also give a "treasure" of a found coin to them and delight in the child's amazement at the possibility of finding treasure!

My Best Wishes,
Scott

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember my first girlfriend and date....

Her name was Lynette...
I was in the 5th grade So was she.
We had planned on going roller skating.

After the proper and obligatory ettiquite lesson from my Mom on how to open doors, etc., an advance on my allowance from my Dad, and not really sure about the evils of females, I called upon my adolescent paramour.

I rang the doorbell of her house and her Father opened the door and invited me in. The next half hour was spent uncomfortably engaged in what I thought was "small talk." Ummm. NOT!

Sweating profusely by now, I considered stating that this was all a misunderstanding and running out of the door....however, being frozen by fear and raging hormones, I played it cool.

Soon, Lynette came from the back room of the house and I remembered why I was there.

She looked so beautiful and happy to be going on a "date."

After saying "Hi," and a couple of sentences exchanged about school, her Father took us to the skating rink.

We skated for a couple of hours, me on my butt more than my feet and then her Father came and picked us up.

I painully walked home that night, never to go on a date with her again and wondered, "What the hell is so great about dating?"

Think I'll spend more time with my school studies instead....

My Best,
Scott

PS. I never got to kiss her and I have NEVER been roller skating since....However, I like ice skating....(but that's another story....)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread