aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mamabear said:
34 yrs! congrats! so is dirty fighting your secret to a succesful marriage?
kinda but my wife saved my life of lies and pain.When i met her i was in a group of bad people as in H.A. and brought me back to how i wuz raized. Iffin it wasnt fur her i would be 6 feet under and thats the truth. :angel12:

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
ohh, that's so sweet, hmm, you should print that & put it on your fridge to remind her for those times you are in the dog house. or when u really want to go TH'ing & her honey do list is long

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure what this post is about, but I have eaten wild game all my life. I have also been an active hunter and fisherman and have a respect for wildlife conservtion. I would draw a line when it comes to roadkill though. That asphalt in your dumplings really kills the natural fresh flaver of of a good 'possum stew. If you want to post on this item, you'd better do it fast. It seems everything I post on for the last few days gets deleted. I sure hope Tnet doesn't regress back to the old "ho hum, I found a clad dime" setting that makes so many of the other forums so boring. Monty

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
I'm not sure what this post is about, but I have eaten wild game all my life. I have also been an active hunter and fisherman and have a respect for wildlife conservtion. I would draw a line when it comes to roadkill though. That asphalt in your dumplings really kills the natural fresh flaver of of a good 'possum stew. If you want to post on this item, you'd better do it fast. It seems everything I post on for the last few days gets deleted. I sure hope Tnet doesn't regress back to the old "ho hum, I found a clad dime" setting that makes so many of the other forums so boring. Monty
sir its how my wife grew up compared to me. Her father knew more how to survive probley as your self more than i ever will know :thumbsup:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aa battery, I believe I could survive just about anywhere there was water, some plants and small game. I ain'r bragging, but I taught myself to cook when I was a teenager, and to this day I like to cook. I even cooked a rat once just to see if I could live on rats. Sounds weird I know, but rats taste like chicken,...er... I mean rats I guess? Actually it wan't bad once it was battered, seasoned and deep fried. But I wouldn't want a steady diet of it. Mainly because somewhere in the back of your mind you still know it's a rat! I also tried crow, bluejay, robins, and a few other song birds, just to see if they were palatable. My little dog Digsy was my test animal. No, I didn't eat her, just let her taste the other animals first. She didn't like crow and I found out why. It is pretty bad. She has good taste. So, I wouldn't eat anything she didn't like, which reminds me of the farmer who had a one legged pig that he kept in the house, fed and cared for it and let it sleep in his bed. Being curious I asked what the deal was with the one legged pig. He said that pig saved his life. One day his old Ford tractor upset on a steep slope and pinned him beneath it. After several hours of trying to get out from beneath the tractor he pretty much gave up until he decided to see if the pig could help him in some way. With a lot of coaxing talking to the pig, he finally got the pig to understand he needed help, and so the pig ran to the next farm and got the farmer to follow him back to the upset tractor and together both of them were able to dig the farmer out from beneath it. I was confused so I had to ask, "What happened to the pig's legs"? The farmer looked at me in disgust, hook his head and exclaimed, "Why son, you can't eat a pig like that all at once, after all, he did save my life"! Monty

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Monty ,
House rules growing up were : You kill it , you clean it , and I will cook it it for you . You eat it .
Many critters repeatedly showed up on my dinner plate . One crow was enough of that . Those critters are NASTY ! :help:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
aa battery, I believe I could survive just about anywhere there was water, some plants and small game. I ain'r bragging, but I taught myself to cook when I was a teenager, and to this day I like to cook. I even cooked a rat once just to see if I could live on rats. Sounds weird I know, but rats taste like chicken,...er... I mean rats I guess? Actually it wan't bad once it was battered, seasoned and deep fried. But I wouldn't want a steady diet of it. Mainly because somewhere in the back of your mind you still know it's a rat! I also tried crow, bluejay, robins, and a few other song birds, just to see if they were palatable. My little dog Digsy was my test animal. No, I didn't eat her, just let her taste the other animals first. She didn't like crow and I found out why. It is pretty bad. She has good taste. So, I wouldn't eat anything she didn't like, which reminds me of the farmer who had a one legged pig that he kept in the house, fed and cared for it and let it sleep in his bed. Being curious I asked what the deal was with the one legged pig. He said that pig saved his life. One day his old Ford tractor upset on a steep slope and pinned him beneath it. After several hours of trying to get out from beneath the tractor he pretty much gave up until he decided to see if the pig could help him in some way. With a lot of coaxing talking to the pig, he finally got the pig to understand he needed help, and so the pig ran to the next farm and got the farmer to follow him back to the upset tractor and together both of them were able to dig the farmer out from beneath it. I was confused so I had to ask, "What happened to the pig's legs"? The farmer looked at me in disgust, hook his head and exclaimed, "Why son, you can't eat a pig like that all at once, after all, he did save my life"! Monty
wow hook line and sinker :D

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
Monty ,
House rules growing up were : You kill it , you clean it , and I will cook it it for you . You eat it .
Many critters repeatedly showed up on my dinner plate . One crow was enough of that . Those critters are NASTY ! :help:
Im almost 58 years old cranky and will never eat crow again unless the WARDEN says i be wrong. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread