If you could live anywhere?

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I could be happy most anywhere as long as I had complete freedom and the resources to pursue what brings me the most pleasure and satisfaction today. That is my art work. I'd like nothing more than to paint and construct works of art the rest of my life. I have so many ideas for unique works and will probably never be able to do them.

Yes, I'd love to say goodbye to my present stressful world of dog eat dog and surround myself with artists and those who also love art.

Yes, I guess we could say I have a dream.

The BADGER
Sounds to me like your ready for Taos or Santa Fe as for me if I left New Mexico it would probably be some place in Colorado or Utah in the summer and San Diego in the winter

[/quote]

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love to road trip, see all the sites, and at one time I thought about a "modest" central location used as only a home base. Then launch off on extended road trips to distant locations from there, stay a while and do my thing and then come back to home base and then do it all over again somewhere else. Doubt that I would go the RV route though, probably a 4x4 converted full size van of some type and I would probably camp/cabins/etc. That's if I couldn't aford a scattering of multiple homes, which I certainly can't!

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Someplace where I am free in the true sense of the word, and not surrounded by a zillion stupid laws, fees, permits, and the like.

I love North Carolina... to me it's a wow place, but since you live there and apparently have for a long time, you see it as a normal place. Perspective changes things.

Me, I live in the tiny foothills of the appalachians, almost at the Gulf of Mexico. This place is full of swamps, gators, dirt roads, spanish moss, plantations, coastal marshes, and giant oak trees. Seems pretty normal and mundane until I stop and take a real look. That's when I realize I live in a wow place too.

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here!

Attachments

• crenshaw_photo-750x0.jpg
    crenshaw_photo-750x0.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 253
  • renz-750x0.jpg
    renz-750x0.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 246

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the land of the "Big Rock Candy Mountain".. :laughing9:

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Somewhre near the Dingle Peninsula on the west coast of Ireland. Miles of white sand beaches, most of which have never seen a metal detector. I hunted it once........... 8)

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I have at least 20 health problems & Drs. seem clueless. Where could I live & be allowed to choose best treatments?

I realize discussing how to live longer & in less pain could be too political to police officers, lawyers, & some corporations, people who essentially want to veto my existence, so if this gets deleted I'll know where T-Net stands. Best wishes, George (MN)

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I think I live where I want to be in a small valley in NE Maryland. I like the seasonal changes. By the end of summer, I am ready for winter and by the end of winter, I am ready for summer. This is really my home base of sort. I travel all over the USA in a motorhome. Am in Good Sam, and Loners on Wheels. When I travel, I can wake up to a different sean every morning if I wish and if someone like Jason parks next to me, I can just fire up the diesel and ride off into the sunset.

Attachments

• hand print_edited-2.jpg
    hand print_edited-2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 211
  • hand print_edited-2.jpg
    hand print_edited-2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 211

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Diggummup, Believe it or not they make 40' motorhomes that you just drive into the water and keep on going. One even has stabilizing pontoons that pop out. Of course I realize they would not make it in the ocean, but then again you get the lakes and the road as your domain. Mine has 4x4 capability. It has gon down a few jeep trails in AZ. Frank

Attachments

• 500MH.jpg
    500MH.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 500MH.jpg
    500MH.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 182

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This post got me to thinking again. I, like most were looking to perhaps move to a different climate. I've changed my mind and just want to upgrade :tongue3: I'll either move into Bill Gate's house, or better yet, the Playboy mansion :thumbsup: :laughing7:

flip flop

Mar 3, 2010
East of West OhiO
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Costa Rica.
I spent plenty of time there while I was in the Army.
The beaches, jungle, wildlife, and friendly residents add up to heaven.
I'll be easily spotted - the sun-burnt fat guy on the beach with the fishing pole and md next to the pile of empty beer cans.
Flip Flop

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread