Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Effects of $5 a Gallon Gas?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Nov 2010
    North Carolina
    BH LoneStar AT PRO
    145 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: The Effects of $5 a Gallon Gas?

time for Fred Flinstone cars!

Charter Member
    us
    treasurelagoon.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    2876 times

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerChick
    Ever tried pulling that camper up a steep grade with Fred's rig? On the other hand, going back down might be a real blast. Just don't wear spike heels.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us
    Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
    1285 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

The sad reality Is That We Might Have to Move To another Location!!! Closer to Work!!! Currently paying 515.00 A Month!!!

Move will Cost More than We can Afford To A place Closer to work at 650.00 to 700.00 am Month!!!! The cost of everything Is Going Up And Gas Is Going to Push Many people Over the Edge!!! Its Time For a Pay raise again!!! Chug My last was last april from 13.00 to 14.00 It needs to be 18.50 to 19.00+ Then you have to Fugure in the cost of Fuel and Everything Is Going to Keep Going Up So We are S****D Either way We Go !!! Very tired and Very very Tired of It All Chug
    "It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

Metal detecting is Like A Marathon, Your Running fast then start Slowing A Bit The You Find Something Interesting And You Pick Up the Pace!!! The Only Difference is If You Are Addicted to this Hobby there Is NO FINISH LINE HH Chug And Red

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    1072 times
    silver surfing

Not worried, I got a union job :P

us
    Nov 2010
    North Carolina
    BH LoneStar AT PRO
    145 times

Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerChick
    Ever tried pulling that camper up a steep grade with Fred's rig? On the other hand, going back down might be a real blast. Just don't wear spike heels.
    sounds like a bad situation for sure!

hubby can push!

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    115 times
    eating

Personally it won't have much affect on me. I'm not a traveler by nature and so when I retire I'll stay pretty close to home. Today I have a generous gas allowance so I don't really notice the price much.

But for the majority of Americans the coming increases will have a very serious affect on their lifestyles and futures.

What we're going to see is a return to city life (actually that's already happening). The thing now is to get as close to work and shopping (and mass transit) as possible, whereas a decade or two ago the rural life was all the rage.

As mentioned above, many businesses are going down in the near future. Doing business today is extremely competitive due to online buying. In fact, we buy very little locally. And when we do buy locally it's mostly from the large corporate entities.

Back a couple years ago we needed a Halogen bulb replaced in our building. The bulb was purchased at our local Ace Hardware store for $9.98 plus tax. It was decided to order a supply of bulbs for all light fixtures so we'd be able to quickly service any light. Bulbs of higher quality than the Ace Hardware bulbs (last much longer) were located online for about $1.30 each in small quantity (postage included). We now do this with 80% of our maintenance needs. The savings all together are great. What we're doing is what everybody in any type of business is doing in order to stay in business. This trend eliminates local businesses and middlemen (jobs).

What needs to happen.
    1. Laws must be enacted to limit imports. We need to return to productiveness.
    2. We need to be less dependent on foreign oil by using our own. This will be the most difficult to achieve due to powerful people in this country who have grown fat via crooked oil deals. They will sabotage off shore rigs or whatever it takes to turn public opinion away from this extremely important move.

"Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    993 times

I'm polishing up my bicycle as I type this

us
    Oct 2009
    2145 times

I'm just going to steal Spartacus53's bicycle when he get's it running!

us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
    585 times

Boycott as much as possible. Gas is a market, like anything else, and I think it's being manipulated.

Manipulate back.
    "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." Friedrich Nietzsche

"You ask where I live. I cannot tell you. I am a Voyageur, a Chicot, sir. I live everywhere. My grandfather was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. My father was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. I will also die while en route, and another Chicot will take my place. Such is our course of life."

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    993 times

Jason in Enid, that won't be hard to do.. I've even posted a picture for you

This is one sweet ride
    Attached Images Attached Images  

us
    Oct 2009
    2145 times

Quote Originally Posted by Bum Luck
    Boycott as much as possible. Gas is a market, like anything else, and I think it's being manipulated.

Manipulate back.
    Boycott what exactly? I HAVE to have gas to drive for work. I HAVE to buy grogeries to cook meals. Everything is shipped by ground at some point, so higher fuel costs go into everything. So are we to boycott living? Yeah, that'll teach those fat-cats! LOL

Charter Member
    us
    treasurelagoon.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    2876 times

Forget all the politics, speculated reasons and causes, not what this thread is about.....the question is, "How will $5 a gallon gas effect you pesonally?"
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us
    Nov 2010
    North Carolina
    BH LoneStar AT PRO
    145 times

I will survive but it will suck having to give up a few things.

most people are feeling it NOW....gas is $3.69 here. Another $1.31 won't mean that much more truly. but when you add it all together, crappola it hurts.

us
    Jul 2010
    New Hampshire USA
    Fisher F70
    44 times
    Metal Detecting

I work 80 miles from my house. It already costs me $30 a day in gas. It's already KILLING me.

If it hits $5 it's REALLY going to effect me.

And I'm sure it will effect a lot of people. This in turn it will effect the economy because people won't have money to spend.

While the oil companies make huge profits the public will sit at home not spending the money they would spend because it goes to the gas pump.

us
    Sep 2004
    Kingman AZ
    36 times

Quote Originally Posted by Ray S S
    Just remove the gas pedal, shift the brake over, install foot pedals and take turns pedaling.
    Reminds me of a guy that loved a loooonnnnggg time ago. Yabba Dabba Dooo
    TOM
    KINGMAN LODGE #22 F&AM KINGMAN, ARIZONA
    NRA
    LDMA
    U.S. PARATROOPER

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links