Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What doe's DirectTV unlimited internet service cost

I'm in California and I have direct TV, and the only internet options they have here are a joint deal with AT&T which means slow DSL Internet, and not unlimited either. The only company I know of that still offers unlimited plans is Verizon if it is available in your area, and who knows how long that will last. My internet is Charter cable, and they put limits on their home services, but not their business services, so you can get unlimited for them but it cost twice as much.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other

I have the DirectTv internet via AT&T and it is really slow...cheap though. Much cheaper than Charter which is the biggest ripoff ever.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

clear.com . A wireless service if it is in your area. Hook up to 8? computers on it at one time(acts like a router).

Verizon wireless is another.
I think all of the wireless companies have them now. Find the one that works in your area.

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The main reason I suggest Verizon if it is available, is because Charter/Comcast is one of the most available high speed internet choices right now, I think their Internet offerings are like 15mb down/3 up, 30/5, and 100/10 or something in that area.

Verizons packages are something around 15/15, 35/35, etc... The upload speed is as much, or almost as much as the download speeds, which is not a big deal for a lot of people because you download a whole lot more than you upload. But I a have a few small websites hosted with another company because I can not support the upload speed if I get more then a few people viewing a page at a time.
With Verizon I could most likely host my small sites at home. So when they get that option here, I will sign up in a heart beat.

Currently Verizon is still no limitations on bandwidth too, while charter < illegally?> altered my contract to include bandwidth limits.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

just a thought? Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks, months, maybe years.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Internet that Dish, and Directv offer, Is called WILD BLUE.. I have had this through Dish for over 3 years.. My contract ran out long ago, So I keep on paying $50.22 a month for it, I think it is pretty much unlimited cause the bill never changes.. This is the only option where I live, I aint going back to dial up..

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

Verizon MiFi, it's your own personal hot spot for up to 5 computers. Runs on it's battery or plug in, fits in the palm of your hand. $40 a moth for 5 Gigs.

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 33,327
  • hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 33,311

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frankn said:
Verizon MiFi, it's your own personal hot spot for up to 5 computers. Runs on it's battery or plug in, fits in the palm of your hand. $40 a moth for 5 Gigs.

5gbs a month? I use over 500gb a month!

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I had cable tv turned off last year, it was one of my do not need items. Still have Internet and netflixs. I know this has nothing to do with Direct TV, but I found out I still get some TV channels without the high cost.

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Beans said:
I had cable tv turned off last year, it was one of my do not need items. Still have Internet and netflixs. I know this has nothing to do with Direct TV, but I found out I still get some TV channels without the high cost.

In many cases all you need is good internet, a lot of shows are online as well as TV, and there are not exactly legal sites to download most of the other shows you want to watch.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

There's no such thing as unlimited bandwidth anymore. If they say that's what you get they are lying...and it all runs through At&t servers regardless of the provider.
I'm being held hostage by Sprint Mifi, which is $55 a month for 768 bps service. It averages about 300 bps on a good day, and dialup speeds for the upload.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fistfulladirt said:
There's no such thing as unlimited bandwidth anymore. If they say that's what you get they are lying...and it all runs through At&t servers regardless of the provider.
I'm being held hostage by Sprint Mifi, which is $55 a month for 768 bps service. It averages about 300 bps on a good day, and dialup speeds for the upload.

clear.com?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

All the big companies are just rakeing in the bucks and not putting it back in to improve equippment. AT&T just announced that there is a limit to there unlimited service??? Look at Apple, They have overcharged so much that there reserve fund in billions is equal to the 5th largest country in the world. The problem with the world today is that the money is all at the top. You have people like Gates and the queen of England hoarding it. Some have huge amount stached in tax free foundations that they controll. It's provides them with cars, luxary yachts, ets, and we make up the difference created by the tax free statis.

Attachments

• Lady Liberty.jpg
    Lady Liberty.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 937

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now, Now. We all know there is an infinite supply of money, Plenty to go around matter of fact!
Who would have thought that we could approach 16 trillion in national debt. That is free money right there, and proves that money is infinite! ::)

So we can't begrudge a few people saving for a rainy day! I myself am guilty of not spending every penny I find.( Some people want nothing to do with my beach pennies anyway).

If I had alot of cash I would hoard it, I feel a Weimar Republic type situation could happen considering the currency plates are wearing out.

If it didn't though I could use it as a blanket (<---see that there? A nod to the moderators that thought I might say something with NEKKED in it lolololol)

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We are in a "circle" of coverage that doesn't allow anyone to give us local channels (per the FCC), except our local cable, so Dish and DirectTV are out
for us. (I don't care what the weather or the roads are like in Denver).

Hope you have it better where you are. We originally had Direct TV, but, changed to Dish about 16 years ago, and had them until just about 2 years ago when the FCC took away our local channels. We had more stations on Dish, and they ran "freebies" every month (a free HBO weekend, or a free Starz weekend, stuff like that).

Beth

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

roadquest: I'm pretty sure the price differs by reagon and competion. Here in my part of Ok. they hook up with A T & T. Mine is around $25.00 before the algore fees, with the slowest of internet speeds. They had two or three faster speeds, but, hell, I type slow and read slower.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions