If you dont know who made this tune famous.....

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
If you don't know who made this tune famous.....

check your pulse.

"Then I saw her face
Now I'm a believer.
Not a trace
Of doubt in my mind.
I'm in love
(uuuuuu)
I'm a believer, I couldn't leave her
if I tried"

Okay, so now he's a believer. But I've found that today believers are hard to find.

If I dig an Indian cent it's a sure thing someone will ask: "Is that real?" When I say yes, usually the next question will be: 'How do you know?" It's at this point I'd like to say...how do you know you're a real person?

I have ancient relics in my office and home. They have been looked at by the best experts and they're the real thing. Whenever I tell a visitor that a certain item is 2000 years old they really don't believe it. A certain little sarcastic glint comes into their eyes but they'll lie and say: Oh, really? That's something!

There is however a good side to this, this doubting everything syndrome has helped me win some awesome relics on ebay for dirt cheap. :thumbsup:

rocky raccoon

Jan 24, 2012
nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: If you don't know who made this tune famous.....

yeah bio is running special on the monkees and davey jones

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

my daughter found something today but nobody would believe it. Came out my backyard :dontknow:

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

aa battery said:
my daughter found something today but nobody would believe it. Came out my backyard :dontknow:

I believe it. :thumbsup:

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Heard about Mr. Jones. RIP
Mike Nesmith wrote some great lyrics.
They played the goofy kids but realy were good.
Grey

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Smash Mouth

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A couple of my Monkees picture sleeve 45 rpms on Colgems label.

IM004121-1.JPG

IM004122-1.JPG

Are they worth more now?

Best,
Scott​

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AU24K said:

Are they worth more now?

Best,
Scott
those yurs?​

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

aa battery said:
AU24K said:

Are they worth more now?

Best,
Scott
those yurs?

Yep.

Best,
Scott​

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Scott, I wouldn't be surprised if the record jackets are worth more than the 45 itself :laughing9:

Never bought one of their singles, but have most of their LP's except for the last 2.. I think they started giving those two albums away as coasters :laughing7:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spartacus53 said:
Scott, I wouldn't be surprised if the record jackets are worth more than the 45 itself :laughing9:

Never bought one of their singles, but have most of their LP's except for the last 2.. I think they started giving those two albums away as coasters :laughing7:

Sshhh...Don't tell my sister, but I used to get some of her albums and use them as bases when the guys and I would play baseball...I think the Monkees were third base... :icon_scratch:

Best,
Scott

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:laughing9:

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

I think I'm going to look more carefully at old records offered for sale at thrift shops and garage sales.

Up here those things just set forever because nobody wants them. I have at times glanced at some in the giant stacks and seen many old rock albums including the Beatles. Maybe there's a treasure out there? I know almost nothing about record values.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other

They were great frisbees and targets for shotguns too.
Probable blew away thousands of dollars worth on todays market.

Grey

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Michigan Badger said:
If I dig an Indian cent it's a sure thing someone will ask: "Is that real?" When I say yes, usually the next question will be: 'How do you know?" It's at this point I'd like to say...how do you know you're a real person?

I have ancient relics in my office and home. They have been looked at by the best experts and they're the real thing. Whenever I tell a visitor that a certain item is 2000 years old they really don't believe it. A certain little sarcastic glint comes into their eyes but they'll lie and say: Oh, really? That's something!

There is however a good side to this, this doubting everything syndrome has helped me win some awesome relics on ebay for dirt cheap. :thumbsup:

Just have to mention, I am a major pessimist, always have, most likely always will be. I am however working on my cognitive skills. Thats the right term isn't it? Anyways, your comments here show that you have the same negative reasoning that I do. Such as the "sarcastic glint in their eye" what is happening and what your brain tells you is happening there is usually two different things. It's amazing I know. A persons brain is actually capable of lying to them, and it happens quite often.
Take this scenario, walking through the mall someone say, "Nice hair"... Negative person hears, "Great cowlick there putz". Positive person hears, "You look great today". The person in the mall is thinking, "I wish someone would mention my new haircut".

It's all perception and in many cases your brain has an auto fire button and tells you that person was insulting you, or complimenting you before you truly have time to rationalize it.

I have to quit reading these stupid self help books...

It applies to the Indian head to, in the negative response, they are doubting you, in the positive response they we trying to learn how to tell real from fake. In the true perspective they were probably just making conversation.

Anyone learn anything new to day? Like maybe why I have such a knickname?

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Twisted One said:
Just have to mention, I am a major pessimist, always have, most likely always will be.

Pessimism is realism, in my book. It is "The attribute of accepting the facts of life and favoring practicality and literal truth."

Pessimism is the rule, optimism the exception.

To use the colorful language of the street, life in general sucks with now and then some faint glimmers of hope.

Think of it in a treasure hunting way. You buy a new detector (what a rip-off)...your wife hits the ceiling and cusses you out...you leave the house angry and back into a passing car (minor but expensive damage)...you get a ticket...all the while the wife is cussing at you...you go to local park to TH and try to release some stress...you realize you forgot your batteries...you get a parking ticket downtown...you finally get into the park and some lady reports a suspicious looking character in the park...after 20 minutes you finally convince the cops you're okay....you're about ready to go jump off the bridge...you detect one more time and get a signal....you dig a 1906 V nickel :headbang:

That optimistic stuff is very rare and not regular life but when it happens it's very sweet.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Michigan Badger said:
That optimistic stuff is very rare and not regular life but when it happens it's very sweet.

Well I disagree.. :tongue3:

I'm always optimistic that things will unravel and fall apart in the near future :headbang: :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread