Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Charlie P. (NY) said:
For about five years I was on the local TV news every night - being slid into the back of an ambulance during their opening credits.

I'd rather be rich than famous!

I finally found something I can agree with Charlie on. Having money solves a ton of problems. And with money you can pick and choose the people you want to be with. Celebrities are owned by others and I don't care how big they might be. It's a glorified slavery.

Fame is like living in a giant gold fish bowl with a bunch of dumb suckers standing around gawking at you. Celebrities love the worship they receive from fans as long as it's at a distance. Most secretly hate people other than a very choice group.

But there is that something within that causes us to crave fame. The wise get over it and go for the bucks.

An interesting study is to view the various documentary style videos produced on some of our most famous persons of recent times. For example, David Bowie (and many others some now deceased).

Be smart like the late Ken White and others who even now are making tons of money off us weekend pirates. :laughing7: :thumbsup:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
Having money solves a ton of problems. And with money you can pick and choose the people you want to be with.

I don't need even a penny to pick and choose people I want to be associated with.

There is also a long waiting list of people wanting to become associated with me, but I don't have the time to see if they will make the cut.. :tongue3:

It's all about attitude, and I have plenty of that :laughing9:

rocky raccoon

Jan 24, 2012
nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 pic.....

Attachments

• scarface_money_power_respect.jpg
    scarface_money_power_respect.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 508

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bags of money in the mattress means you can fly under the radar and live great

FAME and your mug on newspapers etc. means someone is probably out there stalking you and wanting you dead.

eh, money over fame anyday

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
spartacus53 said:
Michigan Badger said:
Having money solves a ton of problems. And with money you can pick and choose the people you want to be with.

I don't need even a penny to pick and choose people I want to be associated with.

There is also a long waiting list of people wanting to become associated with me, but I don't have the time to see if they will make the cut.. :tongue3:

It's all about attitude, and I have plenty of that :laughing9:

How much do you charge for an autograph? Now I mean one actually done by you...not some sexitary or autopen deal ;D

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
If one has money, one can play "poor mouth" and live a nice safe and free life.

If your money is by fame you'll live in an invisible prison all your life. Your kids must always be guarded and you can't even take a dump in a public restroom without at least one guard standing outside the stall door. Trust me, I know.

Be rich and unknown if you want to be happy. If you have good health and money you own the world. :thumbsup: :coffee2:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger, when I learn to write, I'll let you know :tongue3:

But I think it would be like those commercials.... Priceless :laughing7:

There is also a 3rd option Michigan Badger, being dirt poor and still happy :headbang:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
you can't even take a dump in a public restroom without at least one guard standing outside the stall door. Trust me, I know.

:thumbsup: :coffee2:

ok---fess up

HOW DO you know...spill it. you some kind of famous person we want to know about???

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Yeah...he's David Bowie! :P

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bowie? thought he was a goner :laughing9:

ah, MB, who are ya that someone had to guard you while pooping? tell us! :)

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Not at all Jeff, I just love pointing out hypocrites, nothing more, nothing less :laughing9:

It's even funnier how some people can take to any on air personality and make excuses for them. Nothing like defending any bloated windbag when they are hypocrites :tongue3:

I think I understand, No problem.
Guess you saw the President divert his thoughts on Bill Mahers nasty comments about women yesterday? He ignored it,, David Axelrod is even going on the show. Is that what you were talking about?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave44, I didn't see, or hear what your talking about there sparky :laughing7:

I do however recognize hypocrites when I hear them and that is as far a my comment went too. :headbang: :laughing9:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Dave44, I didn't see, or hear what your talking about there sparky :laughing7:

I do however recognize hypocrites when I hear them and that is as far a my comment went too. :headbang: :laughing9:

I understand. Many people try not to pay attn to their surroundings. :laughing9:

I am just pointing out there are ALOT of hypocrites, so it is not nice ;D to point out a side, and then ignore the other.

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Michigan Badger said:
If one has money, one can play "poor mouth" and live a nice safe and free life.

If your money is by fame you'll live in an invisible prison all your life. Your kids must always be guarded and you can't even take a dump in a public restroom without at least one guard standing outside the stall door. Trust me, I know.

Be rich and unknown if you want to be happy. If you have good health and money you own the world. :thumbsup: :coffee2:

I'm w/ Farmer Chick on this one....dish it. I'm in the public eye and I can still publicly download a file w/o a guard...but then again, I'm about one step above carnival barker on the entertainment ladder.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread