Do you believe doomsday is coming

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Warning: I'm about to burst your doomsday bubble for all you doomsdayers out there-

There have been about 514 leap years since Caesar created it in 45BC.
Without the extra day every four years, today would be Aug 4 2013.
Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year.....so technically the world should have ended
about 7 months ago. :dontknow:

Attachments

• 429137_308172025902891_262576183795809_787535_992339286_n.jpg
    429137_308172025902891_262576183795809_787535_992339286_n.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,615

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
Re: Do you believe doomsday is comming

It will all eventually end, such is the law of thermodynamics.
Now when it will is the question.

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005

All suns and planets, as well as galaxies have a definite time until they expire. All that is now a part of our reality was once another reality in another time. A sun went supernova and exploded. The death of that sun led to their being matter to create our galaxie and all that is in it. There may have been intelligent beings revolving around that sun on a planet such as ours many eons ago. Such is our fate if we survive that long. All advanced civilizations revert back to a simpler existence after a period of time. Much knowledge is lost along the way. We are still in awe of some of the structures left behind by our ancestors. Future civilizations may one day be amazed at our ingenuity and ability to accomplish our high level of advancement. The universe will one day come to a screeching halt and either reverse itself or or start all over in another dimention. We have no idea of how or when that will happen. We are seeing severe changes in our weather patterns and as it continues it may get worse. We are experiencing tornados where none existed before, and wet and cold weather where it never existed before. Also in other areas, they have experienced and are still experiencing drought on an unpressedented level. Only time will tell what all this leads up to. Good Luck. rockhound

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I can remember reading a first hand account years ago detailing how the Spanish marched from St. Augustines to Saint Luci across freezing sands. So......I don't put too much stock in a lot of what science predicts today. Just not enough historical data to base a lot of these predictions on with any real measure of certainty or accuracy. :dontknow:

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well if Doomsday day comes I'll probably miss it as this old fart will probably be sleeping. :laughing9: :laughing9:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

what happens happens. no one is going to change what the planets and earth and sun are going to do.

but more of a doomsday is the economy :o

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When you talk about the Mayan calendar leading to the idea of a doomsday, I diagree with the idea, just because everyone in their right mind know the Mayan calendar was never finished because the aliens picked them up before it was done.

If you are talking about doomsday in the terms of war, then I don't know. Its going to happen eventually. America is already the longest living democracy in history. How much longer can it last?

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

92.78% of all statistics, percentages, ratios and comparisons are made up and perpetuated upon the masses, at the
spur of the moment, by those who have no idea what they're talking about. :laughing7:

EVERYONE has a "doomsday." It's called death.

I try to remember yesterday, live for today and plan for tomorrow. 'Nuff said... :thumbsup:

Best,
Scott

{My apologies to my Friend, Sam Clemens, for the idea of the above mention concerning statistics, which originates thus:}
http://www.twainquotes.com/Statistics.html

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Twisted One said:
America is already the longest living democracy in history. How much longer can it last?

I've considered that fact myself a few times....kind of spooky when you examine things under that light, and why the others really failed. :laughing9:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II

The rest of us around the world are overjoyed that Doomsday will only happen in America! ....Was nice knowing ya'll. ;D

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Twisted One said:
America is already the longest living democracy in history. How much longer can it last?

I'm curious, when did Greece lose that title :dontknow:

As far I as know, Greece is still a democracy :thumbsup:

OP
OP
snakeyes

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
>:( :dontknow:
Dano Sverige said:
The rest of us around the world are overjoyed that Doomsday will only happen in America! ....Was nice knowing ya'll. ;D

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dano Sverige said:

wow you are out of touch :laughing9:
preppers and doomsday is everywhere and encompasses most regions.
there is a form of doomsday in every culture and people react to it.
some might be more vocal than others :)

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll Let you Know After Court Tommrow!!! Chug I guess I should Have Payed those Tickets!!!!

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chug And Red said:
I'll Let you Know After Court Tommrow!!! Chug I guess I should Have Payed those Tickets!!!!

RUT ROW! :laughing7:

{Awaitng results....}

Best,
Scott

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
Hang your marshmellow on the clothes line tonight.

With the Solar Storm blowing through tonight, they should be toasted in the morning. LOL

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
homefires said:
Hang your marshmellow on the clothes line tonight.

With the Solar Storm blowing through tonight, they should be toasted in the morning. LOL

:laughing7: :headbang: :notworthy:

Scott

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spartacus53 said:
Twisted One said:

I'm curious, when did Greece lose that title :dontknow:

As far I as know, Greece is still a democracy :thumbsup:

Greece was at some point, or maybe even more than once I am not sure, part of the Ottoman Empire, so therefore was not always a democratic society.

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bigscoop said:
Twisted One said:

I've considered that fact myself a few times....kind of spooky when you examine things under that light, and why the others really failed. :laughing9:

Making it short and simple it is believed by many that most democracy failed after following a cycle. The cycle tends to go something vague like people voted into power, people in power serve the majority of the people, the people in power decide they can do what they want, the people who voted those people into power realize something is wrong, the problem becomes common place, then one day the people wake up and lose faith in their government, and eventually restructure it. Sometime leading to an internal war that weakens that society enough for another society to take advantage and move in and take power.

More or less meaning, if we turn on our government and a civil war escalates from it, China moves in and takes over what ever they don't already own....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread