What a Wonderful Mind!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went down to the dock today to sit in the sun for a while to watch the dolphins, manatees, birds, and endless parade of boats. While I was sitting there I saw a house-nurse pushing a wheelchair toward me, her passenger appearing to be a very frail woman up in her years. When they finally arrived next to me we exchanged a bit of chit-chat, “nice day” and the like. The old woman was still very sharp of mind, bright and shiny despite her obvious health issues. As our conversation continued I introduced myself and asked her name, to this she smiled and cheerfully shook her finger at me, “First let me tell you how I got my name.” Old people, I thought to myself, they love to reminisce about the essence of life, which was just fine with me because I often enjoy hearing their insight.

“When I was born,” she began, “the doctors didn’t think I was going to make it and I remained badly ill for a number of months. But, as it turned out I pulled through it and actually became quite healthy. The only obvious issue was the length of my legs, the right leg being about three inches shorter then the left.” At this point I’m thinking this is all going to have to do with her being in a wheelchair, so I continued to listen with interest as she paused to shake her finger at me again with that same cheerful smile.

“We’ll,” she said, “my parent’s named me, Ilene.” And then she just started laughing as she clapped her hands together, her face and smile now brighter then ever. “Hook line and sinker,” she said between chuckles, her finger now joyfully aimed in my direction, “and I could tell you were buying into every word of it.”

A moment latter she told me her name was, Barb. :laughing9: What a wonderful mind and a wonderful lady! May we all be so blessed and happy in our aging years. :thumbsup:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if she still would be laughing after I wheeled her into the drink :laughing9:

What's your name now honey... Bob :tongue3:

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
She must have a totally interesting personality to start off like that.

I hope everything goes well for her.

Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread