Detector(s) used
ctx 3030/minelab
Pro finder 25
Lesche digger knift
Lesche 18" samson T-mini serrated
Tilley Hat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im new to the hobby.my first metal detector is the ctx 3030.and i live in brooklyn .there no where to metal detect here.the only place is the parks .i love metal detectoring.my hobbys have no price on them..we live one life enjoy

FB: 644650_150472378431970_2129657439_n.jpg ctx minelab

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fishing is also a hobby but you have to evaluate what you want out of a hobby and research the reality of accomplishing that goal. Short story for you that will give you my perspective on the subject.
One day I had my, about 7-year-old, granddaughter with me and I decided to take her fishing at a small, mountain lake. As we headed up the mountain the weather got drearier and drearier. We finally arrived and started fishing. Soon it started getting a little chilly and rain started drizzling down. We weren't prepared for adverse weather so I asked her if she was ready to leave yet and she stated that she wasn't. It started to rain a little harder and got a little cooler. I ended up standing there with her up against me and my coat wrapped around both of us as we watched our poles. Had been there about 2 hours without even a bite when she asked; "Papa?".........I said "Yeah hon?"....she said, "Fishing's the best thing huh?". I said, "Yeah Baby, I think it is". That was one of my best days fishing EVER!

bingbong

Jun 23, 2011
london UK
he is right ,if you live in a sparse area and no history of busy places then you wont find very much and you would be better off spending your time doing more productive things.
if you mix it in with other hobbies then thats maybe the way to go .
but hey i know guys who spend a fortune on booze and fags and do nothing usefull but whatever floats your boat .
the amount they spend on booze and fags is exceptional and what a real waste

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BingbongA
You might want to adjust some wording. Fag has a VERY different meaning in the states.

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain on the minimal finds in this state, but even on my worse days, being out is very relaxing, no your not going to get rich, and I still cannot figure how juju found all that gold , he must have had some patience digging all the pull tabs, After doing this over 10 years, i set my record this year with 9 silver coins, that is nothing compared to other states, but i like trying to break my record every year, the again you never know about when you may find a cache of silver dollars?? have you looked into the shipwrecks of washington state, im gonna got some spots next year, hope all is well with ya, As for a Career have you thought about the Military? i was 18 when i went in 1988 and retired at 39, I liked it and now am enjoying my time!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,,

Kind of scrolled though the thread to see the comments.....metal detecting is first and foremost a hobby, exercise, thrill of the chase and fresh air...and with a bit of effort you can actually find the occasional keeper for your efforts....works for me...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Attachments

• DSC00064.JPG
    DSC00064.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 183

timemachine

Apr 8, 2015
Seattle
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000 / Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The PNW is definitely tough to hunt. I MD'd a lot of the beaches, and digging rocks there was rough. There's not a whole lot of history in the parks, and there aren't many historical battlefields. But...metal detecting for gold out there has potential. From the Canadian border to Arizona. Personally, I found the Seattle/Bellevue area tough, but up north it was great. I'm in Phoenix now, and only wish it was 40 degrees cooler so I could actually hunt my spots! Seattle has the best climate almost year-round to MD, but you are somewhat correct, finding spots is challenging. Good luck whatever you decide!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions