Thinking about life***

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Got up this morning and went to get a cup of coffee. It was the last cup so I poured it in my cup and made a new pot. I began to think about life and how people live. Some would pour the last cup and walk away putting off the task of making a new pot hopefully to some one else. I prefer to "do myself a favour" and make a new pot to make it easier on myself in the future. What your viewpoint? hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm, I'm thinking if you live alone you'll be waiting a mighty long time for that coffee :laughing9:

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Frankn,
whats my viewpoint?

Well you had some left; think I would have held off on the new pot.
Could always make it on Sunday. :icon_scratch: Or even give up coffee. :icon_scratch:

One less thing to think about.

You asked.................:dontknow:

have a good un..........
SHERMANVILLE

Last edited:

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too much thinking to do that early in the morning......:coffee2:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
depends. I hate coffee so that doesn't work with me :hello2:

but I would take that cup and walk away. leave it for the next person to make. Only because who knows when they might want that coffee, and if it sits coffee becomes more bitter doesn't it? I would think it would be better for the next person to make a fresh pot then to have them get the coffee that sits.

ok enough on the coffee.

each situation would be different depending on the product, or service or whatever I was dealing with. some things are good to prepare ahead for others, some things are not.

ok enough of that life thinking.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Coffee gives you cancer! Making a new pot of coffee gives you cancer! Leaving making a new pot of coffee until later or for someone else to make it...gives you cancer!
Just say NO!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Dano, the latest verdict is coffee is good for you. I have been drinking it for over 60 years. The truth of the matter is I would be the next person to go for the coffee, so in effect, I did myself a favour. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
If I don't have a cup or two in the morning, I get a splitting headache. The detox for caffeine is brutal. At work, I take special pride in my ability to go undetected taking the last cup leaving an empty pot for the next slob that needs his fix. I learned from the best. You know, the boss.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the middle-of-the-road opinion; my favorite spot. Take the last cup and prepare a new pot but don't hit the "start" button. That way, when the next cup is needed, the pot will be fresh. :)

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Hay, I do that all the time by accident, forget to hit the button twice. Then again sometimes I set it on auto to brew 7AM. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Based on my 70some years, I have noticed that people are changeing for the worst. My father instilled certian rules of life in me and it looks like later generations missed them. My father said that the most important things that I had were my word, my honor and my repertation. He gave my rules to live by: 1 Treat others as you would want them to treat you. 2 If that doesn't work with a person, treat them as they treat you. and 3 the safty rule which can some times come first. Treat them before they treat you.
It use to be that a mans word was his bond. You could shake on a deal and it was written in stone.
It use to be that 100% markup was fair profit, now it is get as much as you can squeeze out of them. The oil prices are a good example.
So as I see it our quality of life is vanishing. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Friend Frankn and ole buddy Spart,

However short of finances that I may face, I am always assured of a nice fresh pot of coffee every morning.
Makes the rest of the day tolerable.....Ya dig?

Best,
Scott

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My Friend Frankn and ole buddy Spart,

However short of finances that I may face, I am always assured of a nice fresh pot of coffee every morning.
Makes the rest of the day tolerable.....Ya dig?

Best,
Scott

Nothing better during bad times than a hot cup of coffee. I prefer mine to be "Coffee and Chicory" when possible.

It makes the whole world look better, because it helps get my eyes to open.

Gives me a nice warm feeling inside, and the focus to try to make things better.

I find that coffee drinkers are usually more honest, straight forward and caring.

Just think for a minute . . . have you ever seen a lawyer drinking "real" coffee?

BTW, AU24k, your PM box is full. So, just wanted to say I like the sig.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well, It looks like coffee has the edge. I drink French roast that I grind hand print-2_edited-3.jpg myself.
AU24K , I got it. Get up each morning and look for the silver lining in life, that is after the french roast! lol
Chadeaux, Send that Jefferson quote to BO.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Coffee is very good for you. A clergy once told me it was the forbidden fruit of the Garden of Eden. I wonder about that though...I've been eating chocolate covered coffee beans for about a year now and haven't been kicked out of the garden club yet.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
And I thought it was apple juice! lol hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Chadeaux, Send that Jefferson quote to BO.

Why would I want to show it to my lab? He's not quite a year old, so Bo doesn't know how to read yet.

He's great at fetching a stick though.

bo_stick-1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well that was close, but I meant the one that lives in the big white house. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread