sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Today at my school, someone brought a dead bullet from the early 1900s to school that he found metal detecting to show some people. A teacher saw him have it and ordered a classmate to report it to our principal (our school was especially concerned since another student brought a pocketknife to school on Friday). The student was directed to our counselor and he laughed it off because he thought it was a live bullet. However, because of policy, he had to be directed to our principal. She then said it was "a threat to the school" and called the boy's parents.

People are way too overprotective now.

NOTE in case my principal is reading this (very doubtful): I am not trying to offend you, I am just stating my viewpoint.

Last edited:

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The nanny state strikes again. The liberalization of our schools is now complete.

God forbid we actually blame problems on PEOPLE.
No,no,must be the OBJECTS.

S

stefen

Let me understand this in its correct context, 'A teacher saw him have it and ordered a classmate to report it to our principal'

First off, a teacher deligated his or her responsibility to a student...(which is a sign of a well educated idiot)

And the 'counselor and he laughed it off because he thought it was a live bullet'...

Apparently the student directed to blab to the principal provided miss-information as to a spent bullet being a live shell...and as a result this minor incident is completely blown out of proportions...

And now a Zero-Tolerance Policy kicks in and a punishment is meated out without logic or rational thinking...

I hope that the parents punish their son by taking him out for an ice cream sundae...

Last edited:
OP
OP
sagittarius98

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We are devolving into a nation of crybabies,neuters and pussies.

S

stefen

She knew it was not a live bullet, that is why she told the student to do it, instead of sdoing it herself. She also only did it because she did not want to get in trouble for not reporting it.

At least it was better than this:

“Auto Correct” Phone Mishap Forces Schools Into Lockdown | NBC4 Washington

A totally worthless individual...and she is teaching our next generation...

Well, there is a axiom that holds true....THOSE WHO CAN WILL DO, AND THOSE WHO CAN'T TEACH

OP
OP
sagittarius98

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
A totally worthless individual...and she is teaching our next generation...

Well, there is a axiom that holds true....THOSE WHO CAN WILL DO, AND THOSE WHO CAN'T TEACH

She is actually pretty nice, but she is a math teacher, so it really doesn't matter how your personality is.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
We are devolving into a nation of crybabies,neuters and pussies.

We now live in the land of the fleeced home of the enslaved. Land of the free home of the brave no longer exists.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread