Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my favorite is beach detecting. but I don't live near the beach. closest is 5 hr drive for us.

so at home I don't detect as much as I would like to because that draw is not there. tot lots are ok. kinda hard to dig. the woods is alright.

we have a creek on our farm so I am going to go out today and try my luck along the creekbed. there are some very old stone wall/bridge or something out there I want to detect. Plus hubbys daddy who grew up on that land said there was an old road that went into the main town that everyone used. didn't know that so will try the horse/buggy road and see what might pop up.

if I lived on the beach I would detecting everyday but the 'regular old land' around me is not as fun to detect.

so what kind of area do you live and what type of areas do you detect?

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water hunting is pretty much out here DNR thinks they are GOD. Do a lot of parks, some are very old. Farm fields, always the ones with that one tree in the middle. any place we see with a old drive way, school yards, Churchs, drag strip parking areas, boat landings, major road and sidewalk tear outs.

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like you got a great list of hunting spots.

I need to find more hunting spots in my local area.

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
farm creek a bust

I left my pinpointer in the camper. took out the detector but left the pinpointer. honestly I was lost without it :) I was so disappointed about not having my pinpointer it ruined me. Camper won't be back cause repair time is like 3 weeks. stupid place is about 1 hr away UGH UGH

ROOTS the root systems in the woods is just insane hard to dig. I can't. I can't even hack thru it :( the creek got me nothing but some pull tabs and obviously hubby drank a ton while working the farm there cause I found beer cans like crazy...which sucked

the old homestead was hard. plain hard. I tried to discriminate and all that but the endless beeps of just piles of junk around the caved old house was annoying. I have to learn to weed out trash more or something

and buggy. bugs all over. note to self, spray up before hitting the woods/creek again

BUT I HAD a hell of a good time :laughing9: just hearing the beeps was fun enough right now. got me back in the mood to detect.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I have several homesites on the farm . Some dating into 1700's . Confederate raid route (Jones/Imboden)staging area and old wagon roads all adjacent to or on my farm . Been so diddlin busy building a home and trying to keep up with the
farm that the last time I turned my tector on it was to look for nails in some salvaged chestnut lumber before making moulding for a friend .:BangHead:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask about "the old swimm'n hole!" (If the creek is large enough?)
Down steam side of the little bridge. (People use to toss coins for good luck.)

Me...on the beach or in the water....and a few out of the way places.

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anywhere there is nothing interesting or valuable or pretty around. I have a sixth sense for these areas. Usually drive a long distance and come home tired and dejected. Love it!
BB

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anywhere there is nothing interesting or valuable or pretty around. I have a sixth sense for these areas. Usually drive a long distance and come home tired and dejected. Love it!
BB

right there with you on that :thumbsup:

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Living in a small town has created many opportunities to get access to places others only can dream about. I live in walking distance of a large ballpark and playground. There are several of these in our town as well as other kiddie parks, schools and fields where the carnivals set up from year to year. And also I live near a racetrack which has many thousands of people coming in four or five times a year. There are also many historical homes and two streets have homes that date back to before the civil war. Our town was burned during the civil war, as was all the small towns in this area. One town 20 miles away had a cannon ball inbeded in one of its log building on main street for years. They have now removed it and put it in their library. I suppose they inspected it too make sure it was safe and determine why it didn't explode. Many relics and older coins have been found arounf here and not many people metal detect, which makes it great for those who do. Good Luck. rockhound

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Usually where there isn't anything good. :dontknow:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Farmer, why limit your hunts to this world... :dontknow:

Right now I'm researching the planet that begins with "U" I'll bet I'll find some chit there for sure :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread