Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember, politics are not allowed on TreasureNet....

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my experiences here, Soft politics that fit some peoples tenets are allowed,, and even encouraged. I have even seen some handing out charter memberships to members that express the enlightened values.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my experiences here, Soft politics that fit some peoples tenets are allowed,, and even encouraged. I have even seen some handing out charter memberships to members that express the enlightened values.

Straight from TreasureNet Rules....

"You may not.... Start a thread to specifically promote or discuss politics or religion or respond in a political or religious fashion to a post if it's not somehow tied to treasure hunting."

TreasureNet - Rules

Sorry, but any thread that begins or turns political and is not directly related to TreasureHunting will be either edited or deleted. There are plenty of forums on the net where members can discuss politics all they wish.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggett, as stated NO POLITICS.

Has nothing to do with disagreeing with thread, it does not belong on TN per our rules....Truth be known I agree with many of posts here, but that does not change the rule, no politics on TN..

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
AH! The thought police? What happend to Diggit's post?

Oh, and Dave's post is dead on as well, failed to mention that last nite.

BTW, "IN MY OPINION" is about as political a statement as there ever was . . . it is the phrase that precedes EVERY SINGLE POLITICAL ARGUMENT I've witnessed. They are CHARGED words --- FIGHTING WORDS! Often reflecting an extreme political bend to one side or the other. Someone who is NOT a peacemaker but rather a bully . . . like Limbaugh, Hannity, Huckabee, ad finitum.

Everything is politics in some way shape fashion or form. Everything from deciding where to hunt, which posts to read, who to chastise and who to promote to moderator and admin (when of course it doesn't start out sexual) --- except for the root admin. He's the gold standard . . . the big cheese.

Even so, did you know that censorship, no matter how noble, is STILL political speak? It's just a matter of which side of politics one is on as to whether it can be exercised without being called such.

As for me, I don't give a rat's butt any more. Don't have time for it. I get all the political speak I need from NBC. Makes me throw up all by itself, so I don't bother with listening to the other side except --- when I hear some talk show coming through my headphones while metal detecting. Not as sweet a sound as a gold nugget, but a whole lot more refreshing than listening to the folks tell me how I need someone else to decide what's best for me.

BTW, does anyone else have that problem when detecting in areas near radio stations? It only happens on my ACE 250, don't have my Whites any more.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's funny right there,, Chad! But NBC? Why subject yourself to that?
No my AT Pro does not pull in the stations, That actually seems like it might be a handy thing, If we could make the signal squelch the show? Why have we not gotten together to invent this yet?

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AH! The thought police? What happend to Diggit's post?
It disappeared. You will see a lot of that here. This one will probably disappear as well because I am disagreeing with something.
This is why you have to take screen shots of everything and maintain a point of contact to the admins.(not moderators) OUTSIDE of your account,so they can't silence you totally.
If you disagree with them, they will ban you to silence you,and prevent you from getting your side of an argument out.
I've seen it on SEVERAL websites.
It's like trying to tell a cop they are wrong. regardless of if they are right or wrong,they will use their given authority to silence your opposition.

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
@i Dave & Diggit.

I used to have an image for my avatar. I lurked here for years before joining. Seen posts disappear regularly in the past, so it would be nothing new. I'm not the owner of the forum so I am at the mercy of his moderators and their discretion and fairness. A close friend of mine (a neighbor, in fact) that Dave has asked me about actually showed me some of the PM's he had received from mods and admins here when I told him I joined. He reminded me to be careful. BTW Dave, you've seen me at the wolfpack place as "pokey".

The image got banned because I used a phrase that contained the designation of a diety along with the word that comes close to "darned" and the sig was removed. I had seen mods use that "d" word in their posts, both in their PMs to my friend (who is no longer on this forum) and in their posts in the general discussion area. Not one mod, but several of them. I have since seen the "d" word (and worse) used by certain charter members without recourse, without censoring --- and one of them is the person who complained about my sig.

So, apparently the sig wasn't removed because of the "d" word, but because I mentioned a "Christian Diety" in the statement. The PM I received from the admin said it was removed because of that "GD" word. When I asked which part of the word the admin found offensive, he would not or did not respond.

So we can all sleep soundly. Nothing to see here, keep moving.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggett it has nothing to do with your opinion, even when i agree with it, it has everything to do with the "no politics" rule. When we delete a post it is still visible to admins and mods, just not members, we can completely remove it, but most times dont as it gives hard evidence of what was posted.

If you want to discuss politics please go to another forum, stop trying to push politics here, you will lose. We have the ability to block members from posting but still be able to read or take a more extreme measure, I would prefer to not have to do either..

Please follow our rules...

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Never was interested in sports much,always been a loner,I'll just sit here and have a few Sam Adams Blackberry Wheats,9.69 a six, and cruise the site! Best entertainment going! We are STILL in DEEP DOODOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K

Kentucky Kache

Diggett it has nothing to do with your opinion, even when i agree with it, it has everything to do with the "no politics" rule. When we delete a post it is still visible to admins and mods, just not members, we can completely remove it, but most times dont as it gives hard evidence of what was posted.

If you want to discuss politics please go to another forum, stop trying to push politics here, you will lose. We have the ability to block members from posting but still be able to read or take a more extreme measure, I would prefer to not have to do either..

Please follow our rules...

TH, you were the biggest critic of the new Treasurenet, until they made you a moderator.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KK, you are wrong a-g-a-i-n!

Since your trying to take a low road by implying I was bought off by being made a moderator, (Which by the way makes no sense at all since they would have to had made dozens of members moderators to eliminate just some of the vocal critics after the initial format change.) here are a few facts for you.........

I was approched by Marc on a couple occassions before he sold TN and asked if I would be a moderator, once he asked me to be a moderator of the Rubber Room, I told him I wasnt crazy about that idea since it was a snake pit in there most times, but if he really wanted me to do it I would. Instead after a few more of the usual nasty threads that sprang up there Marc decided he wanted to close the Rubber Room down again for good, once more after that and before Marc sold TN he talked to me again about being a moderator.

I was asked again about being a moderator after Marc sold TN and before the format was changed by a moderator if I was still interested in being a moderator and I told them I still was.

I have been one TreasureNets biggest supporters since the day I stumbled onto TN almost 6 years ago, I have gifted Charter Memberships, donated money when it was needed for hardware improvements, ran charter membership drives the last 3 years, used my paypal to sign up dozens of new charter members who didn't want to use paypal or a credit card on the net and done anything I could to help members here when asked, and I still do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions