Sad they are bragging like this is a deal ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

After a recent drop in gas prices, experts say people may be paying less at the pump this summer than originally predicted.

"On a national level, it is coming down," Neil Gamson, economist with the U.S. Energy Information Administration said Wednesday. "It has surprised a lot of people, including us."
According to the short-term energy outlook published by the EIA on April 10, prices were predicted to peak at a monthly average of $4.01 in May, averaging $3.95 through the summer driving season from April through September. That would have been a 6.3 percent increase from $3.71 per gallon last summer.
According to GasBuddy.com, gasoline prices in the Pottsville area Friday ranged from $3.75 to $3.83. The national average price was $3.832 while the state average was $3.893, according to the EIA on Monday. The EIA releases weekly averages every Monday.

so what does the EIEIO Know anyway ?

Good prices would be $1.49 a Gallon

Now that they got fines, prices will rise so we have to pay them

Gas prices may be easier on the wallet this summer - News - Republican Herald

Last edited:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gas will be easier on the wallet by a few cents ALL THE TIME it is climbing higher and higher.

duh

brag away but ya ain't fooling me. the creep higher and higher in about 2 years will be staggering for most households. geez, if we can't handle this increase now, can ya imagine in a few good years with it being in the $5 range how many will fall? alot.

gas IS WHAT IT IS. the powers that be control that. work gas budget into your daily living and don't look back. best anyone can do :)

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gas will be easier on the wallet by a few cents ALL THE TIME it is climbing higher and higher.

duh

brag away but ya ain't fooling me. the creep higher and higher in about 2 years will be staggering for most households. geez, if we can't handle this increase now, can ya imagine in a few good years with it being in the $5 range how many will fall? alot.

gas IS WHAT IT IS. the powers that be control that. work gas budget into your daily living and don't look back. best anyone can do :)

At least we can be happy we elect people that do not have your best interest in mind, huh? It is what it is, nothing we can do but keep letting the bad guys win. It is the best we can do after all.
And just wait till you draw social security! There is no inflation so you do not get cost of living increases according to the Feds. How are you going to budget that?

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well obviously TRY to change the situation some with your vote etc. but in the end, it is what it is.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

After a recent drop in gas prices, experts say people may be paying less at the pump this summer than originally predicted.

"On a national level, it is coming down," Neil Gamson, economist with the U.S. Energy Information Administration said Wednesday. "It has surprised a lot of people, including us."
According to the short-term energy outlook published by the EIA on April 10, prices were predicted to peak at a monthly average of $4.01 in May, averaging $3.95 through the summer driving season from April through September. That would have been a 6.3 percent increase from $3.71 per gallon last summer.
According to GasBuddy.com, gasoline prices in the Pottsville area Friday ranged from $3.75 to $3.83. The national average price was $3.832 while the state average was $3.893, according to the EIA on Monday. The EIA releases weekly averages every Monday.

so what does the EIEIO Know anyway ?

Good prices would be $1.49 a Gallon

Now that they got fines, prices will rise so we have to pay them

Gas prices may be easier on the wallet this summer - News - Republican Herald

No ACTUALLY the "GOOD FUEL PRICE" would be $0.49 a gallon!!!!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea I think it broke $1.00 a gallon when I started driving,
Bin upset ever since.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take that back Cost of a gallon of Gas 40 cents

[h=2]Cost of Living 1971[/h] How Much things cost in 1971
Yearly Inflation Rate USA 4.3%
Yearly Inflation Rate UK 8.6%
Year End Close Dow Jones Industrial Average 890
Average Cost of new house $25,250.00
Average Income per year $10,600.00
Average Monthly Rent $150.00
Cost of a gallon of Gas 40 cents
Datsun 1200 Sports Coupe $1,866.00
United States postage Stamp 8 cents
Ladies 2 piece knit suites $9.98
Movie Ticket $1.50
Below are some Prices for UK guides in Pounds Sterling
Average House Price 5,632
Gallon of Petrol 0.33

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It's the pipeline! The offshore oil producers know there days are numbered so they are trying to boost sales by droping prices. Also usage was project to drop this summer as fewer traveled. I think it just might drop into the $60's per barrel in the near future. I think the bluff has been called. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seen it at $3.619 today, by the time I decided to Top off my tank I Had to pay $3.639
closest to my home $3.799

cost me $21.66 to Fill my tank & I was still on full :icon_scratch:

LastScanaw.gif

Last edited:

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I recall 29.9 a gallon (early 60's gas war) but mostly we paid about 35 cents a gal. We got our windows cleaned, oil checked, and a free glass or something. New non-luxury American made cars averaged about $3,000 and the average factory worker (they were once the core of America) was making $3 an hour plus good benefits. Today unskilled folks average about $9 an hour with crappy benefits and most don't get a full 40 hour work week.

To have it like we had it back then a lot would have to change.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I remember .25 a gal and you got prize stamps at the Spur gas station I worked at in the '50s. Usually everyone just got a dollars worth per stop. Couldn't get far on that dollar today. By the way, it cost the producers $5 a bbl to produce the oil. Some markup ! hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Like it or not, it's the political season so that's why prices are dropping.

Look at gas prices during the presidential campaigns since 1972. There's a direct co-relation between the timing of the elections (regardless of party) and the price of gas.

Price always goes down as the elections get closer, always goes up when they're over.

Republican or Democrat . . . makes no difference. Soothes the masses and influences the vote in favor or whomever is already in power.

If it hadn't happened in 2008, the current administration might have won all "57 states." Any way you slice though, it would have more heavily favored the party not in power.

Last edited:

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a tingle up my leg when the news media just informed me Gas has gone down 15 cents in the last month WOOOOOOOWEEE saved 3.00$ this week Trouble is health ins. just went up 445.00 this month (welcome to the medicare supplement) oh yea 98.00$ bucks more for that medicare bill. Guess gas is cheap if you compared

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
In spite of BO some of our oil production has gone up. North Dakota's projected production for 2012 is suppose to surpass California's 196 million barrels and possibly Alaska's 209million barrels, but will lag behind Texas's 553million barrels.
BO won't approve part of the pipeline that would bring in oil from the Alberta,Can. so they are going to build a pipeline to send it to their west coast to sell to China.
Check out the story in Popular Mechanics, June 2012,page 62 hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
hand print-2_edited-3.jpg Well, as I thought, the price of oil is dropping. it is $91.25 as I type this. Now if old BO would get off his "A" and approve the pipeline, the price would really drop.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lowest gas here is still $3.509

it's a shame $2.509 would feel like a deal

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to love my old street rods but mine gets 6 mpg on the hwy and only runs on turbo blue at 6 bucks a gallon i buildt the car 4 years ago and only have 3k miles on the motor in 4 years im putting it up for sale ....stupid gas prices

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gas was .37cents a gal, Marlboro's .27 cent a pack, 6 pack of bud was around 1.50 and life was good, I made 4.50 per hour and had all kinds of money,
I paid 3.19 per gal,for regular unleafed today in Dalton,Ga.! Almost had a stroke...:dontknow:. Don't know whats up, But it can't be good....HH to all and hope all have a safe and Great weekend.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gas was .37cents a gal, Marlboro's .27 cent a pack, 6 pack of bud was around 1.50 and life was good, I made 4.50 per hour and had all kinds of money,
I paid 3.19 per gal,for regular unleafed today in Dalton,Ga.! Almost had a stroke...:dontknow:. Don't know whats up, But it can't be good....HH to all and hope all have a safe and Great weekend.

paid $3.399 here ??? Diesel was $4.079

I still don't think a gallon of gas should cost more then 33.3 cents

gen.png

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread