Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I've used cell phones for years but never really bothered to learn much about them. I just used them as telephones and that was it. I've done all my serious online work via my desktop or laptops.

Now I'd like to understand what's happening in the Cell phone world.

I see an app online that can make any "Android" cell phone into a "hot spot."

I know what a "hot spot" is of course but what the heck is an "Android" phone?

I use the new Verizon cells mostly. Are they "Androids?"

A friend told me any new Verizon cell can be made into a "hotspot" by downloading PDANet (cost $15.95). Is this true?

Thanks

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Android is the operating system on some smart phones i'm using it rightt now to post this from my cell. Im currenty on "icecream" version " latest version for android". It competes with the I-Phone. Im on 4G network, my smartphone is faster than many desktops, basically a hand held computer that can also make phone calls.. I using the Galaxy Nexus....
..best phone i have ever owned..

Yes, it is true, but you will want unlimited data which is what i have..

Cost of data when you go over your limit is high.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Android is the operating system on some smart phones i'm using it rightt now to post this from my cell. Im currenty on "icecream" version " latest version for android". It competes with the I-Phone. Im on 4G network, my smartphone is faster than many desktops, basically a hand held computer that can also make phone calls.. I using the Galaxy Nexus....
..best phone i have ever owned..

Yes, it is true, but you will want unlimited data which is what i have..

Cost of data when you go over your limit is high.

Thanks.
My regular phone is just a simple basic phone (cheap). I went to Walmart and picked up one of those Verizon Unlimited service cells ($50 a month). Next I'll download the PDANet software and see if it really does make the phone work like a wireless router.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread