HEY THANKS FOR REMOVING MY POST WITHOUT NOTIFICATION???

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I saw my posting gone without notification! Guess back to the same ole same ole sellective postings!

I must ask, How come there are posts where United States National Forest Service, (you know a govenrment agency), (a political issue), taking peoples claims in national forests, etc. Still something like that is a political issue, but yet, those posts are still on the forum, but yet, you remove mine about a mans home being raided. AMAZING!!

I am not trying to argue but just because I posted about a mans home being raided by the police for no reason and filled in his bomb shelter with cement was not post that I did to make it a political statement!

I will say this, ANY POSTINGS HERE that mentions of ANY government agency ILLEGALLY taking something from someone, which includes, any mention of public lands for the people, gold prospecting claims in national forests, etc, IT IS ALL POLITICAL if one wants to INTERPRET and SEE IT AS A FACT of a POLITICAL ISSUE.

Thats OK, I understand one has the RIGHT to remove a post, but I can ONLY SUGGEST that if you remove 1 post that mentions of ANY government agency, city, county, or federal taking away something from someone, then remove ALL the posts that mentions anything about it regardless of the topic!

ANY POSTS that mentions of someones arrest is a political issue! If the moderators would like, maybe I can find them for you being you are evidently blind to it!

Because that in itself can be POLITICAL!

Thank you, have a chumly day,
TheHarleyMan2

Last edited:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you will just have to understand that the only time anything political is allowed is when it affects, or deals directly with the hobby of metal detecting itself. Anything else is forbidden, or prohibido, interdit, verboten, tiltott, etc, etc and so on :laughing7:

OP
OP
TheHarleyMan2

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you will just have to understand that the only time anything political is allowed is when it affects, or deals directly with the hobby of metal detecting itself. Anything else is forbidden, or prohibido, interdit, verboten, tiltott, etc, etc and so on :laughing7:

Hey Spart!
Well I would bet 10ozs of gold I can find several posts that mentions something political in it and they ALWAY been here.

I am not even going to get in a discussion about it nad I am not going to lose any sleep over it. I am jsut going to voice my opinion. Regardless of what it relates to it is still a political issue. There are posts here about Dooms Day Preppers, is that something related to treasure hunting, prospecting, collectables, yada, yada? No! This man was doing the same thing and got arrested! I posted it here so those IN THIS FORUM who may be getting into or are doing dooms day prepping may face the same fate later. That was the REASON I made the post about it!

This is one of the reasons I never renewed my Charter Membership. I would rather use that money to add for fuel to gold prospect than to be dictacted on something I posted because the moderator thinks it was political. Thats ok, I am sure the new owner has enough money he doesn't need mine.

Peace to you Spart!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I perfectly understand your position and the dilemma in posting, or when running into these posts. Unfortunately, this like any other site will always have a topic that some will deem political for one reason or another. I'm sure someone would be able to turn toenail clippings political :laughing7: I know I can, but I don't :tongue3:

Look, I also miss the political section, and could see how things may seem to get out of hand by a small few, who just like to revert to name calling if you don't agree with them, or provide another thought processes, or any other reason they deem threatening to their thought. Can they win against me in a debate :dontknow: No way :laughing7:

I'll drag them down to my level of insanity and beat them with experience :laughing9:

So yes; as you mentioned, any topic can be political, but there are ways to dance around it and still make your point. :thumbsup: Just removing a few key words and replacing them always worked for me :tongue3:

Last edited:

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I think we (myself included) tend to forget sometimes that forums aren't public property. What's allowed and disallowed is totally up to management. Most private owned forums seek to discourage anything potentially destructive to the forum. The owners are just trying to maintain their investment and stay as close as possible to the original objective.

I think the term "political" is very broad with many interpretive nuances. Some are dangerous to forums and some are not. The job of the management is to detect these potential threats before they become a cyberspace terminal cancer. Management isn't perfect and maybe sometimes overreacts or makes a wrong call. But better that than let something slide by that will later be regretted.

To cut to the chase, this is first of all a treasure finding forum. It's purpose is to promote the hobby not correct the ills of the world. The so-called non-treasure categories are meant for lighthearted "fellowship" and non-confrontational information not potentially divisive. But these categories can not be divorced from the whole; they're still under the umbrella of the main objective of the forum.

I look at it this way, if a mod dumps a post or thread of mine so be it. All of us are very subjective and often tend not to see the long term ramifications of what we write or say. This is why we all need outside subjective critics. So, when these critics delete your comments or those of everyone else on this forum they're probably right. However, when they delete one of mine they're always wrong.

Badger

Last edited:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a few disappear. I didn't care. Ya, for a split second I thought how dare they do that?? but then I remembered I don't own the site.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can understand both sides of the issue. I would probably be ticked off for bit if a thread of mine was pulled. I also understand the mods need to keep things in line. I think badger did an excellent job of explaining the thinking behind the actions.

I think it would be helpful for all if the mod could write a couple sentences in a PM to explain that :
1-the thread was being pulled
2-the reason why

If a thread is removed without explanation, the poster can't be expected to change their future behavior.

OP
OP
TheHarleyMan2

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am over it but yeah, notification should be done. But I KNOW, the night before I saw it gone I had came to the thread. There was 2 of my posts, and 2 other members posts about it. The seond poster made a comment that it was wrong but let's not get political about it. My second posting I made the comment that I posted it because there may be doomsday preppers here with family and just wanted to post the news about the 70 year old man that had a house that had a 1950's fallout shelter in it and what was done to him and his home.

This was around 4am when I saw it last, then wake up at 630am and then it was gone!

So I KNOW there was not or could not been a post violating the terms in the 2 1/2 hours I was away. But who knows, but I doubt it, it is what it is and thats that.

Politics comes in every form, every subject regardless and I stated my comment about it on this thread, but this is subject a done deal. Oh well!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread