Is it just me who feels screwed all the time :)

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SO....sooooooooooooooooooo

since the dawn of time Nicole's school went back after summer vacation on or around Aug 25

this year-----this year----they are proposing early entrance of Aug 7

talk about f'ing up my beach trip. I have 8 days planned for Aug 12-20 and thought I had her back WELL IN ADVANCE of the day she goes back.

if that new calendar passes (and everyone thinks it will) I am screwed. I planned this trip 11 months ago. yup, you have to reserve literally 11 months in advance to get a campsite. and there is no way I am cancelling. Going to have to chat with principal and get her excused for a week. I tell ya.....I tell ya....some days I feel like I am going to blow ya know.

crap just is getting on my nerves. big time. every time you turn around another STUPID A$$ problem arises.

they best let me excuse her for the week or we are going to fight big time :)

jrpoppapump

May 23, 2004
north eastern new mexico
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, white's dfx 300, garrett pro pointer (R.I.P. to my Garrett gta 500)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try talking to the superintendant or bring the matter up to your school board. i doubt a principal could help you much. i see no reason why they couldn't excuse her for the time needed. perhaps they could have make-up days for what ever missed.
i wouldn't get stressed out over it. life's too short.

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree life is too short to blow a fuse LOL
just that it got on my last nerve. I don't have many left after the few PITA problems I have been having lately :)

I would think QUITE a few people are going to have their kids out in Aug. at some time because that is big vacation time around here.

well at least I know for next year hehe

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Burl Ives used to sing a kids song about keeping your eye upon the donut and not upon the hole. I've tried to do that all my life but sometimes that hole is darn near impossible to ignore.

Bummer about that calendar thing. Hope you can work something out.

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol MB that is funny. eye on the donut, not on the hole :laughing9:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
No need to fight with them . This is an educational trip for the child . A natural and cultural enhancement of the child's education . That makes them defend a position that they have more right to dumb down your child than you do to broaden her horizons . Be creative instead of confrontational :laughing7:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No need to fight with them . This is an educational trip for the child . A natural and cultural enhancement of the child's education . That makes them defend a position that they have more right to dumb down your child than you do to broaden her horizons . Be creative instead of confrontational :laughing7:

Agreed, Quality time With Family Is Important!!! Go And Have Fun!!! Chug

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I agree Truckin' I have pulled her out for a day or 2 before for camping trips with no problems. what gets me is it is only 3 days AFTER she starts her new grade and she will be out a week. I think I am upset in a way she misses that orientation that a 2nd grader might need....but not willing to cancel the trip for it :) :) I think I am more upset in that direction than anything I guess. but you are right they will allow it for eduational and kids bounce back fast anyway

come on tho, I wanna fight someone

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea Chug that is true. plenty of time for school considering she is only 7. only 3 big beach camping trips a year. it is important with the family for us!!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Seven"....what are they going to do...throw her in jail? It's a pre-planned, pre-scheduled, pre-arranged, "pre-paid" family vacation. I'm sure it's not the first time they've had to work around those issues. :thumbsup: It will all workout.

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You are right, and I hope WW III does not start for a long time.

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well Boris, no WW111. don't have to fight. teacher said get an educational trip excuse from school. will work out ok. but I was preparing my nukes just in case :)

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Seven"....what are they going to do...throw her in jail? It's a pre-planned, pre-scheduled, pre-arranged, "pre-paid" family vacation. I'm sure it's not the first time they've had to work around those issues. :thumbsup: It will all workout.

you are right Big! I am covered with that exact situation plus educational. gotta learn about the ocean habitat !!!

you know I can't cancel. I have to detect!!!!!!!

Michaeldoc

Tenderfoot
Jul 24, 2008
Elgin, SC
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, DFX 300; Looking to add Fisher Gold Bug II and eventually Minelab GPX 4500 or 5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, wire down! You have bigger fish to fry. First, it is May. Second, you have a legitimate reason to request your child be out of school for the week of a planned family vacation. If the new calendar passes, deal with it. I would then CALMLY approach the principal and explain to him/her that you have planned a family vacation one year in advance. I see no problem with the approval. Usually the first week of school would be mostly review. Look at it this way, if school starts August 2nd, it definitely will exit earlier in the year, although I believe it is a tri-semester or all year round school. It sounds like this calendar thing has been in the works for sometime. Your child will be excused. Just don't make a fuss about it or petition the board of education. I have never had a family vacation refused. Put it in writing with the dates and the teachers will sign off, if there is some work to complete. Do it when the final calendar is approved, not a day before the vacation!

See, wasn't that easy?

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michealdoc
you are right and that is reasonable. you got that good head on your shoulders. I just wanted to scream I had to deal with another friggin' situation popping up. HAHA

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ARG! I see gold in your future!

Aren't you flying the Jolly Roger now??

back off gold pirate :laughing9:

hey I found a campground in Topsail NC area. surf city NC and the cg is directly on the beach. the island was called topsail cause the pirates used it as a holding area to attack. All you could see was the pirate top sail coming around the small island to get ya!
YOU KNOW I am booking for early spring next year at that cg. Pirate gold, hmm...might find me some matey!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aren't you flying the Jolly Roger now??

back off gold pirate :laughing9:

hey I found a campground in Topsail NC area. surf city NC and the cg is directly on the beach. the island was called topsail cause the pirates used it as a holding area to attack. All you could see was the pirate top sail coming around the small island to get ya!
YOU KNOW I am booking for early spring next year at that cg. Pirate gold, hmm...might find me some matey!

Plan on doing a little long distance raiding this week. Gonna do the tour and see what's out there to sack. :laughing7: Sounds like you need to prep your own ship....:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread