Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seat from 1963 B-52 crash found in Maine | Fox News

GREENVILLE, MAINE – A Maine forest ranger stumbled upon an eerie find while hunting that has been identified as an ejection seat from a B-52 bomber that crashed nearly 50 years ago.

The B-52 Stratofortress-C crash is infamous -- seven U.S. Air Force airmen were killed. The seat most likely helped save either the pilot or navigator, officials said.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The B52 has ejection seats? hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

OP
OP
Diggit

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The B52 has ejection seats? View attachment 638698

Yeah,it has 6. The pilot and copilot, the rear gunner, and the electronic warfare officer eject through hatches in the roof, the radar navigator and the navigator eject from the bottom. That is the G model, and the only one I know about.
I assume the C model is the same.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I would have gotten a pickup truck, tossed it in the back and drove right out to Vegas and see what Pawn Stars would give me for it :thumbsup: :laughing7:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
hand print-2_edited-3.jpg Well, first they would say the scratches will bring down the value, and they will ask for documation on it, and then they will mention that they have cash, and last they will want the General of the Air Force at that time to check it out. But the seller would still come out ahead because everything on that B52 was so grossly overpriced.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread