Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    2463 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Techies- Need Help With My "Favorites" Tab, Anybody?

My favorites tab recently decided upon it's own to go on a crash diet and shrink to half it's original size. LOL I have googled to my wits end to try and find a remedy and/or the cause of this. It used to be twice the width that it is now, does anyone know how to fix this? I'm using IE8 with XPpro. I did nothing to any of my settings to cause this. I'm tired of this skinny box. Here is a screenshot to show what I mean-

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	favorites.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	640683
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it.

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    991 times
    You've come to the right place

Now if I could just find my favorites tab, I'll be able to help you

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    2463 times
    Yeah Roger that... Wilco.

us
    Pronounced "Shadow" - ---= Wolfpack Forever! =---

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    1999 times
    Cache Hunting
    That's why I hate Internet Exploder! I never could get used to using a big part of the left side of my screen to show my favorites all the time.

Firefox has a "Favorites Toolbar" where you can put your most used favorites for instant access (and it stays out of the way of your browser --- just one thin row at the top of the page) and a Bookmarks menu item where you can have them drop down to choose and then disappear.

For your problem though, you should be able to put your cursor over the bars to the right of your favorites, then a two way arrow will appear and you can left click and drag it out as far as your heart desires.

Hope this helps.
    Know your homophones (as opposed to homophobes like me)! Know which ones to use ... and their meaning:

"Know" is related to knowledge, while "No" is a negative response.

"There" is a location, while "Their" shows possession and "They're" is the contraction of "They are".

"Which" specifies an item from a set but a "Witch" casts spells and wears a pointy black hat.

"Patients" (people receiving medical care) must show "patience" (tolerate delay).

us
    USN Ret.

Mar 2012
    Greer, SC
    Garrett Groundhog, AT Gold
    16 times
    Did you try putting your cursor on the right edge of the window, hold down the left mouse button and drag to the right?
    Due to the price increase of ammo, don't expect a warning shot!

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    9070 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chatmangreer View Post
    Did you try putting your cursor on the right edge of the window, hold down the left mouse button and drag to the right?
    Ditto what chatmangreer said.....you should be able to left click hold and slide it to the right.

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    2463 times
    Thanks everyone. It worked. I tried dragging it open before but I couldn't get it for some reason. It was the two way arrow and the edge of the window that explained it for me. I feel like an idiot now, since it was such a simple fix.

Chadeaux, I installed Google Chrome and am trying it out, but it's gonna take some getting used to. I've used Firefox before but I still prefer IE over it.
    What do you mean by- "I never could get used to using a big part of the left side of my screen to show my favorites all the time?" It's not open all the time and constantly showing. The Chrome browser bookmarks actually takes up more space when you open it up, except it's on the right side of the screen.

us
    Pronounced "Shadow" - ---= Wolfpack Forever! =---

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    1999 times
    Cache Hunting
    That just goes to show how long it's been since I used Internet Exploder to regularly browse. It actually used to look like that under normal circumstances back then (Windows 3.1 -- don't remember the browser version).

In my Firefox, I have "folders" instead of actual "favorite shortcuts" in my shortcut toolbar (not an addon, but part of the Firefox Browser's functionality). Those individual sites I have organized into the folders. When I want to go here, just click the "Forums" folder and a short list drops down then I select this site and the list is instantly closed, and I'm here.

Shame dem two udder guys didn't read my post
    Know your homophones (as opposed to homophobes like me)! Know which ones to use ... and their meaning:

"Know" is related to knowledge, while "No" is a negative response.

"There" is a location, while "Their" shows possession and "They're" is the contraction of "They are".

"Which" specifies an item from a set but a "Witch" casts spells and wears a pointy black hat.

"Patients" (people receiving medical care) must show "patience" (tolerate delay).

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors