Wacky people??

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I really think people are going nuts. Today I was at work when another coworker came in and started to give me lip, I told to bleap him self. He was talking to another coworker when he started for no reason like the first to give me alittle lip, I gave him a shuff and gave him a slight kick him. Then when I get home, I was out side cutting my grass along side of my nhouse, when I saw my neighbour sitting in his back yard, I said hello being freindly as we always have been, he came over and told me to get off his driveway, if I did'nt he was going to call the cops. I said to him what hell have I done, he just said leave? He said he wants to cut down my big maple tree on my front lawn, well if he does that, well he just got out of the hospital getting knee replacement. I wonder what I would kick first. Let me know if anyone else has noticed people going wacky.:icon_scratch:

Last edited by a moderator:

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummmm can you say anger management. Kicked him ?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Brian C.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am easy to get along with until they piss me off. I hope your day goes better than mine, better day tomorrow.

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I have seen people going a little strange. Most of the ones I see are senior citizens with a sense of entitlement. I don't take and lip from people either. I DO NOT purposely go out of my way to find trouble, but if someone is dumb enough to get in my face they get put on blast pretty darn quick. I spent 8 years in an abusive relationship and the one thing I learned from it was not to let people verbally and physically abuse me. Some may say to turn the other cheek, or walk away, but I found out that once I turned the other cheek or ignored it and walked away it got worse.

I work in fast food and you would not believe the mouth breathers I have to deal with on a daily basis. The customer is always right, until they invade personal space or start lipping off. Then they are asked to leave and not return.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't take and lip from people either. I DO NOT purposely go out of my way to find trouble, but if someone is dumb enough to get in my face they get put on blast pretty darn quick.

But you will go out of your way to find it :laughing7:

Brian, no offense, but I think you have to find the root of the problem, and unfortunately the root just may be you.

Without knowing what set the coworker off to begin with may be relevant, but committing battery for a verbal offense :dontknow: Honestly, you may need some anger management.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It's here on T Net. If you don't believe it hand print-2_edited-3.jpg scan some of the posts on THE OFFER. Some really get pissed if I don't agree with them.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
The whole world is MAD/CRAZY/WACKY,and it WILL get a whole lot worse! God Bless Chris

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
lets see what are the odds that the whole world (other than you) is crazy / nuts vs maybe it's a "you" have some anger issues -- odds are it could be you have some "issues" like maybe you are easy to anger -- very "touchy" / lose control of your feelings easily --you might not be "looking for trouble" - but somehow you might easily find it a lot. *are you a "short fast fuse type" person?

I say if there was more "stupid management" then most folks would not need "anger manangement" -- folks doing stupid stuff causes most "anger issues" generally speaking --one of the two (or more) persons involved normally was doing a dumb thing to trigger the "anger" problem in the first place --only a very small % of people go around mad all the time -- and theres meds for those types of people and they need to be on them to prevent them harming to others and themselves getting harmed in return .

Last edited:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today it's something someone said that will set you off, tomorrow it may just be a look, lastly it will just be being in the presence of another person.

BOOOmm :laughing9:

P.S.. Frankn, quit trying to solicit more traffic to your post :laughing7:

Last edited:

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny you bring up wacky people. Last Saturday night I took my girlfriend to my favorite fishing spot on the river (her first time going there). After only 30 minutes of being there, two guys pull up in a car. One gets out and starts yelling about seeing my fishing license. Its obvious that this idiot is not a conservation officer, so I just look at him and say nothing. He then starts babbling nonsense about a boat on the river with no lights, some lost people, and a bunch of other crap that didn't make sense. I say nothing and just listen to him, noticing the smell of alcohol on this guy. He then starts getting louder and closer to me, getting angry, saying that I should flash a light or something for this boat that doesn't exist. I still keep my part of the conversation short, but his actions prompted me to start planning to defend myself. At this point he starts asking my GF for her name, where she is from, etc. I quickly lure his attention back to me and back to this boat talk, and convince him that I am going to carry out his wish of flashing this light.

He finally begins to leave, but keeps reminding me that he is coming back for me. I didn't stick around very long after this dude left. Along side a river in the middle of the country is not a good place to get in a fight with some nut, let alone the other guy who never left his vehicle. I have been fishing at this spot for well over a decade and had never had any trouble until that night. Guess he forgot to take his meds or something ???

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps it's just me, but I've noticed this thing about humanity being imperfect. I've also noticed two other things:

First, most people are really great people.

Second, those same great people often get shat on by the vocal minority.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same old, same old. Just a lot more people in the world today then there was even twenty years ago. Nothing's really changed over the years, just more people to take part in it, whatever that might be, and to notice it. And hey, today you can even post it on Facebook and share it with all your "friends" and "fans" that you don't even know. :laughing7:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to cultivate a look, or style Brian, kinda like me, which is nature's way of sayin 'Don't touch!'. I like the item in the newspaper police news, which says 'The victim, a visitor to Summit County from Texas, told police that after spilling beer on an unknown person, that person smiled at him, then produced a large revolver from his waistband and slapped the victim across the face, knocking him senseless.' Not really, just jokin. There is a lot more people in the world and it seems crowded sometimes. I try to be polite, keep smilin, and I can pull off the 'Aaaiee, lo siento, no hablo Englis senor' pretty convincingly.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
a well armed person is normally treated with respect * -- I am a well armed person -- while I do not want to harm others , I will not be laid hands upon without just cause , I will not be abused nor have my love ones abused and my property is mine so hands off. -- I will help protect the elderly and the weak and children when I see them being abused by thugs and low lifes --cuz thats how I was taught

note * 99.9 % of people will only try to dump as much crap on you as you "allow" them to . so like drugs --just say "no" and go away from me now ----- oh that other .1 --1 in a thousand -- they are the ones that guns are made for -- even they understand---- "click" walk away while you still can.

Last edited:

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a Canadian thing, that never happens in the U.S.
Carl

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jeff of pa