POLL: How Many Negative PMs Do You Receive Each Month?

On an average, how many emails do you receive a month that in one way or another put down some other

• I Never Receive Any Negative PM's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Receive Fewer Than 5 Each Month

• I Receive 5 Or More In The Average Month

• Total voters

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: POLL: How Many Negative PM's Do You Receive Each Month?

Okay youse guys! I already had one POLL end up in Comedy Central, don't want that to happen to this one!

Please! You who feel that all the world hates you...we desperately need your wonderful nasty comments! Come on now, there must be somebody out there who honestly feels cheated, ignored, abused--and that we're all out to get you!

Fess-up! Comment..let's get this thing rolling here!

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Paul is Dead said:
OK! If I fess up, you're not going to send this to my parents are you. I'm already in dutch with them?

Oh! This is good Paul! Now because you're upset with your parents (or vice versa) you now feel a great hostility toward yourself here on TreasureNet...right?

Awesome! Now we're getting somewhere.

S

stefen

Gads!

Now this is going to end up in the Psych file instead of Comedy Central.

Can't you %$#@ guys get serious.

;D

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Hi Badger!

I did have an issue here a couple months back and received a couple bummer pms but that seems to have blown over, which makes me happy. With all the different personalities here, I guess there's bound to be some issues.

Hey, if you are getting bored , I can send you a "special" PM
:) :)

Smiles!
BDoo

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

None for me either.... ;D

I receive a few at times, but mostly just asking the particulars about the Cortes, depth, features, etc.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab

The two people who sent the most to me are no longer active here it seems. One was 4 or 5 bricks short of a load and the other was a shameless attention-baby.
Its good to be back posting again.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Offhand I can only think of a couple over the past year or two.One had to do with me using the term "hillbilly",he took offense to it.A little ridiculous if you ask me.The other was from someone who has already answered in this thread,lol,I think that was a misunderstanding though.He read too much into my reply and assumed something that wasn't. ;) I guess typed responses come off that way sometimes.
Then there was that one guy who used to be a regular and likes to pat himself on the back alot,he still comes lurking every now and then,but he's in a class by himself.I think you guys can figure out who it was. ;D Maybe the "attention baby" that cryptodave described are one in the same. :o
cryptodave said:
The two people who sent the most to me are no longer active here it seems. One was 4 or 5 bricks short of a load and the other was a shameless attention-baby.
Its good to be back posting again.
Good to hear from you again.Glad to see you back. :)

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

All written communications are subject to personal interpretation. One of the first things they teach in law school is never put anything in print that you're not prepared to defend.

We write that which we understand to be perfectly understandable and acceptable by everyone who will read it. However, the reality is, we all understand what we read by preconceived biases.

None of us is 100% objective in our approach to anything in life, much less written communications.

The way we read something can change day by day. One day a written message may seem comforting and relaxing. A month later after having some very bad experiences, the same piece may come across as obnoxious and threatening.

Ones state-of-mind has much to do with ones interpretation of anything.

We have so many different things happening at a global site such as this one. So many different personalities and cultural backgrounds. So many different strengths and weaknesses. So many different needs and shortcomings.

It's really quite amazing that it all comes off as well as it does.

Badger

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

Michigan Badger said:
All written communications are subject to personal interpretation. One of the first things they teach in law school is never put anything in print that you're not prepared to defend.

We write that which we understand to be perfectly understandable and acceptable by everyone who will read it. However, the reality is, we all understand what we read by preconceived biases.

None of us is 100% objective in our approach to anything in life, much less written communications.

The way we read something can change day by day. One day a written message may seem comforting and relaxing. A month later after having some very bad experiences, the same piece may come across as obnoxious and threatening.

We have so many different things happening at a global site such as this one. So many different personalities and cultural backgrounds. So many different strengths and weaknesses. So many different needs and shortcomings.

Badger

What did I just read? Better yet, why? ;)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

The way we read something can change from day to day....We have our own personal interpretation's!!Very well said MB.....I'm probably just as guilty....But I try not to be....Hell of alot different talkin' face-to-face....just appreciate what someone has found,be happy for them......Positive is good!!!

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

Michigan Badger said:

Badger

I take personal offense to this and demand that you retract and apologize!!!! ;)

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

Michigan Badger said:

Badger
PERFECT!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh yeah? Monty

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

I only received one and it was in response to mine. I deserved it, apologized and I think everythings cool. I dont know why I dont get any more negative PMs? :-\ :'( :(

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

bigcypresshunter said:
I only received one and it was in response to mine. I deserved it, apologized and I think everythings cool. I dont know why I dont get any more negative PMs? :-\ :'( :(

Okay...everybody send bigcypresshunter a negative PM.

I'll do it just as soon as I can think of something negative. Hum...now what might that be...

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Michigan Badger said:
bigcypresshunter said:

Okay...everybody send bigcypresshunter a negative PM.

I'll do it just as soon as I can think of something negative. Hum...now what might that be...
Thats OK. I already got some real nasty ones. All in good humor. ;D ;D

I wasnt missing anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread