POLL: How Many Negative PMs Do You Receive Each Month?

On an average, how many emails do you receive a month that in one way or another put down some other

• I Never Receive Any Negative PM's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Receive Fewer Than 5 Each Month

• I Receive 5 Or More In The Average Month

• Total voters

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: POLL: How Many Negative PM's Do You Receive Each Month?

Hi badger,yes a have recieved a few PMs of this nature Some most interesting ones.I too will openly amit i too have sent some comments that may be considered negative.People are people and at times we don,t always show our best.But one thing i don,t like is the fact that few times P.M s are openly repeated too others.Anyone who sends me a P.M .I will never repeat what has been said if i like or not. Man of my word

tinpan

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Every once in a while I get an odd email from some nut case...but thankfully some of them are no longer here. I report to jeff when I find something offensive in the mailbox and he takes care of it right away.
Most of the emails are asking for research help and thats ok with me. This site has given me so much that I like to give back when I can. I do correspond with several people who dont ever post ,but are members and I enjoy that.
Most of the time tho if I get an annoying email now...I just ignore them.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

Its so rare for me that I clicked never, which isn't exactly true. I did receive one, but it was a bonfide gripe. Most PM's I get are of a personal nature and upbeat.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

MB,

all the time I've been here I only received one;
plus I don't send many pm's.

Blocked the person from sending me pm'sand
put the person on my ignore list.
Only one on my ignore list also.

have a good un............

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

only once for me and it really wasnt a big deal at all. other than that, all of my pms are of a personal nature.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

None yet............I am sure I will accidentally urk someone some day, I hope not. I really feel 99.9% here are wonderful friends. I think there are some misunderstandings of what is trying to be said and people jump the gun before re-reading the post and thinking about it for a second. That would be when all heck breaks loose! I know I have thought ooooh I'm sure they did not mean it that way.

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT

None for me either. I imagine from Bager's and Gypsyheart's responses it is dependent on how active you are on the forum(Also if you are female?). More posts means you are more visible and will attract more negative mail and responses. What ever you say someone out there will take offense

I learned a long time ago there are certain people you DO NOT ENGAGE. Either they are incredibly hate filled or irrational. If you do be prepared to deal with these folks for a long time in the future. It's a job for their therapist not you.

George

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

bakergeol said:
None for me either. I imagine from Bager's and Gypsyheart's responses it is dependent on how active you are on the forum(Also if you are female?). More posts means you are more visible and will attract more negative mail and responses. What ever you say someone out there will take offense

I learned a long time ago there are certain people you DO NOT ENGAGE. Either they are incredibly hate filled or irrational. If you do be prepared to deal with these folks for a long time in the future. It's a job for their therapist not you.

George
I dont know about visible, but it probally has something to do with my big mouth and inability to keep it shut when I should....Hahaha.....I have to add that the wonderful friends I have met here and positive emails that I do recieve definitely erase any of the bad!

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

gypsyheart said:
I don't know about visible, but it probally has something to do with my big mouth and inability to keep it shut when I should....Hahaha.....I have to add that the wonderful friends I have met here and positive emails that I do receive definitely erase any of the bad!

I have to say the same for me, gypsy ...haha!

I personally haven't ever received an attack against me from anyone here. I have had some write to me to express their concerns about some things but all of that was genuine concern for the forum or friendly constructive criticism for something I had posted.

But again, I haven't had any problems with anyone here. Pretty darn nice folks for the most part. Oh, we have a few here whose elevator doesn't quite make it all the way up but what the heck, they add spice to the pot.

I know I really tick some people off but after all, I'm a badger...right? 8)

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

bakergeol said:

George

Good advice George!

S

stefen

Received one that was a repeat of a public attack from a person thinking he was above everyone else. A non-response most likely just pissed him off.

Any repeated negative PM's from that same person would be blocked by a request to the TN Administrators.

I don't think that a therapist would help this individual.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hi badger,i must be a big fool or too openly honest.so far i,m the only one too admit to making negative remarks in P.M s everyone handles Pms in their own way and i pass no judgement and always reply to Mp,s just good manners thats only my way.THis will never change.

TINPAN :) :) :)

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
MB,

all the time I've been here I only received one;
plus I don't send many pm's.

Blocked the person from sending me pm'sand
put the person on my ignore list.
Only one on my ignore list also.

have a good un............

Sherm.............STOP INGNORING ME!!!! ;D
Like TinPan, I have to be honest & say that I have sent PM's to a couple people condeming a few other members, only a few times & only after an exchange of words. (Me? Exchange of words.........Me??) I get a little out of hand occasionaly but only because I like to agitate, stir the pot a bit. But its usualy good natured fun, or at least its meant to be. PLEASE FORGIVE ME SHERM! :D

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So far in my year and a half as a member I've only received a total of 3 or 4 PM's. None of them have been negative.

Huntin' 59er

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Mighty AP said:
I get a little out of hand occasionally but only because I like to agitate, stir the pot a bit.

Glad I've never been guilty of that :o ::)

I think in time Sherm will learn to forgive you Mighty. Not that he should mind you, but he will cause he's a great guy.

Now me on the other hand, I never forgive those who really disturb me. But I never send negative PM's about them. All my PM's about them are positive (positively rotten).

Yepper, at TN we're just like the average American family.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have not sent a negative pm to anyone, but I have asked another member if they think someone is a brick shy of a load, or is it just me? Sometimes it's just me! Monty

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

never really negative
surprising im such a wanker sometimes :-\ ??? ;D

<--------------------- ;D

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi baron,well your a wanker and jesus "thats nice"  So jesus died for somebodies sins but no mine and i,m a wanker too. ;D ;D ;D

Tinpan ;D ;D ;D See you in hell

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HEIL ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread