ITS THE LAW

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
IT'S THE LAW

In the beginning our constitution set up guidelines. The law was suppose to protect one person from another by defining limits. In effect you had freedom to do what you wanted as long as it didn't cross the line of anothers freedom. Laws were simple and well wnderstood by everyone.
Now it appears laws are made so governments can make money. They set up red light cameras and then cut the yellow time. They give you a $75 ticket for not wearing a seat belt. A fine for not wearing a helmit while biking. In other words laws are being used to tax you. I once talked to an accountant and asked what was the percentage of our income paid as taxes. I was surprised at his answer. He said 75%!! I said how did he get that. He said mostly tax on tax. He gave me an example. The auto tire. There is a manufacturers excise tax on the manufactur. He simply add that to his price. Now you have the retailer adding sales tax on that tax when you buy the tire. There is an inventory tax in some states. This winds up being a tax on tax situation. There is a heavy road tax on trucking. this figures in almost everything you buy,another tax on tax situation. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg Think about it, the hidden taxes are actually more than the known income tax..

K

Kentucky Kache

It's like Mark Twain said about the weather, everyone complains about it, but nobody ever does anything about it.:laughing7:

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The south will rise again!!

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
money makes the world go 'round. and govt and more want your money and mine :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a friendly preemptive reminder before it does start to remember to keep politics out of this thread please....

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
The south will rise again!!

...and do what? Lose again? Where's the point in that? lol.

There were no idiots in cars and on bikes when your constitution was made. You the people - don't like drunk or bad drivers, and complain to your govt'. They then have to do something about it, so they implement fines and such.Then because there are so many bad drivers etc they make too much money in your opinion, so you then complain about them breaking your constitutional rights!! What's the answer? lol.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's like Mark Twain said about the weather, everyone complains about it, but nobody ever does anything about it.:laughing7:

Tell me how to do something about the weather.

May be easier

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well, Frankn, if you read the history you will find that the folks who built this country were basically anarchists.

"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness" are three things NO politician want you to have.

Then you have the whiners who sue someone because they spilled hot coffee on themselves.

For some reason, we have gone from "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" to a litigious society that resulted in rules to control everything.

@ the Swedish feller: Not sure what you meant, but then again, Sweden isn't famous because of their logic. Aren't you guys famous for all the blonde gals? Hmm... :laughing7:

I love blonde jokes, so thanks Sweden.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Chadeaux, hand print-2_edited-3.jpg Life,liberty and pursuit of happiness are 3 things a polition does not want to be accused of denying you!

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Its true whenever someone receives money, someone else is going to figure out a way to get their cut, whether its deserved or not. You can't even die without someone wanting a cut. Win the lottery, someone wants a cut. Underneath it all, the systems, its all humans......and we are flawed as humans.......

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Chadeaux, Life,liberty and pursuit of happiness are 3 things a polition does not want to be accused of denying you!

That's true, but they also don't want you to have it. If you really did anymore, they might have to actually abide by that famous document . . . the Constitution. Instead they (both sides) shred it at every opportunity in an effort to one up the other.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Well, Frankn, if you read the history you will find that the folks who built this country were basically anarchists.

"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness" are three things NO politician want you to have.

Then you have the whiners who sue someone because they spilled hot coffee on themselves.

For some reason, we have gone from "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" to a litigious society that resulted in rules to control everything.

@ the Swedish feller: Not sure what you meant, but then again, Sweden isn't famous because of their logic. Aren't you guys famous for all the blonde gals? Hmm... :laughing7:

I love blonde jokes, so thanks Sweden.

Lol, i was going to elaborate and try to make things a ...little more simple for you, then realised it's not possible! :)
Plus, if you can't even work out that i'm not Swedish then i'm fighting a losing battle to begin with!!

Here's a Swedish blonde joke for ya: Elin Nordegren.Ex wife of Tiger woods. Came back to Sweden recently $30 million richer and $10,000 per month child support. Hahahaha...oh wait...no, that's an American joke!
Ever notice how so many blondes usually have the last laugh? ;)

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Dano, I wonder what the Royals cost the British Empire. I believe the Queen is the richest woman in the world now. Just imagine a job where your only job is to attend social functions where you are the center of attention. I wonder how mwny castles she ownes now. At least 2. And think of the cost of all the support, princesses, dukes , etc,etc,etc,. Has anyone ever figgured what all that cost? Just think, the Brits are struggling to cover the cost of there health care. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

K

Kentucky Kache

Tell me how to do something about the weather.

May be easier

I think you're right, changing the weather would be easier. I think they've already started doing that to some degree, they just haven't figured out a way to charge us for it yet.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Lol, i was going to elaborate and try to make things a ...little more simple for you, then realised it's not possible! :)
Plus, if you can't even work out that i'm not Swedish then i'm fighting a losing battle to begin with!!

Here's a Swedish blonde joke for ya: Elin Nordegren.Ex wife of Tiger woods. Came back to Sweden recently $30 million richer and $10,000 per month child support. Hahahaha...oh wait...no, that's an American joke!
Ever notice how so many blondes usually have the last laugh? ;)

Seems I remember reading some time back that you lived in Sweden. Hmm... So sorry about that. And yes, I already knew the reason for the lion and the Union Jack. Nationalities are not always related to where one lives, and just because you live in one place doesn't mean you aren't proud of your home.

As far as Tiger, love his golf playing . . . he just isn't too bright about some other parts of his life.

One should always remember, unless you have an ironclad prenup, the pretty blondes always win. I know, I'm married to one.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
Lol, just a little Spart' yes! ;)
To be fair i can understand people who don't concentrate enough getting it wrong as my LOCATION does say "Sweden", but if i see someone sporting the American flag and a location of "Ontario", i don't start giving them crap for being Canadian! :)

Frankn - Yes, the Royal family cost the British taxpayer millions if not billions a year, much the same as your president will cost you. (fancy getting the bill personally for "fuel and maintainence for Air Force One" after a tour to get votes for a re-election term?)
The difference with the Royals is that they bring in as much as they get, if not more, from tourism and business related opportunities.
We prefer that the money we'd never see anyhow went somewhere that offers a large return to the public sector, while you prefer your's to go on a fleet of aircraft carriers and the rest of the Navy, to go swanning around the worlds oceans doing ..not a lot! And a massive military that constantly struggles to do a job right!
I'll bet our Royals and all their castles come in a LOT cheaper than your miltary!! ;)

Chadeaux - Your comment to me was framed as though i were a Swede. All i said was "i'm not".

Prospect Jim - Nobody's not not getting along! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread