Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: what does 3.2 billion in gold looks like...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2008
    dfx
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maipenrai View Post
    Hypothetically, since it is 3b, I would just shoot the choppers down and talk nice to the driver, maybe he would see it my way, and drive the truck to where it would be unloaded, with a fork lift. Didnt see the Italian Job, but im sure they didnt have 4 guys trying to lift a thousand pounds. Besides, now days, you can call the police and they come an hour later!
    Hypothetically, if a truck driver told me he had 3b in his truck, I would fall down laughing!
    Well, perhaps that's where the two heli's come into play.(?) There was a circle of trust between 3 people. THere is a difference between people that can get this type of federal license to haul this kind of gear, and the type of person that has a questionable history. If you think about it, I'm willing to bet, I'm not sure, But I'm willing to bet that his entire life, his entire history, his mom/dad/brothers/sisters/high school records/ etc. was looked at before he was given this level of trust. There are some American's that have a level of... well... being an American. Trustworthy. American's can shine, if you can believe that.

us
    Jan 2008
    dfx
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    Good photo. But, can you imagine the idea of getting 4 guys around one of these bricks and lift 250 a peice? Crazy. I really hope it's starting to make since now.

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5376 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeofaustin View Post
    How do you delete a post.
    What do you want deleted ?

This post ?

Whole Thread ?

us
    Jan 2010
    70 times
    I can sure spot a lot of you that have never worked for the goverment. You should be able to remember back in the vietnam war.The company building are tanks was moved to a new building a couple states away.well the biggest press used to do some of the work had to be moved on a low boy a special one.a sherrif in (georgia) i think pulled them over NO permits D.O.D just bull @@@ there way until this sherrif cought up to them.It set there for over a year with the feds screaming there heads off about national security thay finaly moved it by helicoppter if i remember right.and the state had a check in hand for all the damages done to the roads.Look it up it is a good story.

us
    Jan 2010
    70 times
    They haul missels convential,all the time no armed cars following at all.when they haul nukes and they haul them all the time,they have a car in front and one in back plus a van that follows a couple miles back with a quick reaction team.And you would really be surprized at the number kept on the roads at all times.

us
    Oct 2009
    1908 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeofaustin View Post
    Good photo. But, can you imagine the idea of getting 4 guys around one of these bricks and lift 250 a peice? Crazy. I really hope it's starting to make since now.
    the thing with that photo is that ITS FAKE.

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5376 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View Post
    the thing with that photo is that ITS FAKE.
    actually it's a garage door poster

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!cid_6E9FCFFA514A46208DE8107A4336EB25@AudreyPC.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	647153

Name:	!cid_3EBA0E38474A4FBAB23E62FEEC5DDE82@AudreyPC.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	647154

http://izismile.com/2009/07/14/poste...r_35_pics.html
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Jun 21, 2012 at 10:00 AM.

th
    Nov 2010
    Thailand/Europe/California
    Excalibur 2 1000
    129 times
    Some people believe anything!

us
    Oct 2009
    1908 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    actually it's a garage door poster

Name:	!cid_6E9FCFFA514A46208DE8107A4336EB25@AudreyPC.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	647153

Name:	!cid_3EBA0E38474A4FBAB23E62FEEC5DDE82@AudreyPC.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	647154

Posters on the garage door (35 pics) - Izismile.com
    That's awesome! I want one!

us
    Jan 2008
    dfx
    4 times
    We're good. Don't worry about it. I was actually asking how to delete a specific post 'within' a thread. But don't worry about it. We'll keep this thread up. It'll eventually fizzle out, but we'll keep it on t-net just in case people find it interesting. No harm. It's safe enough. Who knows, maybe we'll get the actually driver here one day...
    ..and then, unicorns will grow from trees (according to some people anyways). Lol.

us
    Jan 2008
    dfx
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maipenrai View Post
    Some people believe anything!
    You know, I'm actually quite puzzled as to your refusal to believe something like this could happen. I'm actually wondering why you disbeleive this story so much. My immediate thoughts are, you have a sense of 'that would never happen', but, you see, that is flawed thinking, because your statement is more of a 'guess', versus actual knowledge. You see, you were not in the government loop, when this occurred. You did not issue the permit, nor were you involved in the information about the transport.... You, in other words, you are basically just 'guessing' that this would never occur. Sure it sound unreasonable. It's the same with me... I, PERSOALLY, WOULD HAVE NEVER beveived it either... But, I understand that I 'could' be wrong. But you assert yourself as if you know the 'facts'. So, I'll give you this... If you were to admit that you are 'unsure' if this would happen, I would respect you for saying this.

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    1942 times
    Attachment 647432Mike, It's the unlikely situation that a large government shippment of gold would be making stops along the way while delivering it.
    Did you actually see the gold? There is a chance that your boss or the driver were pulling a fast one over on you.
    Now as far as government clearance, NSA requires a lie detector test every 6 mo. to keep clearance. I know, I was in there a few times.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Frankn; Jun 22, 2012 at 02:47 PM.

us
    Jan 2008
    dfx
    4 times
    I didn't see it, but my boss did. Again, my boss is a stand up guy. This story is from him, and he, knowing him as I do, would have no reason to fib. So, I stand firm. It really did happen.

us
    Apr 2011
    1 times
    1. Son figure out how many Lbs Avdipoius of AU is in 3.2 Billion dollars at $1500.00 an ounce. And yes for those in the know this is a loaded question and so is the last one!

2. Next figure out What the Volumn in Cubic Ft would be for a BAR of AU that weights 1000 lbs.

3. and last ask yourself am I so damnn Stupid to beleive What I just tried to pass off as T-R-U-T-H to a bunch of OLD Treasure Hunters.

If yu answered yes to the last question then you need to RTFM (Karl's THM #6 & 7) Then come back and Apolagize to the rest of us for Insulting Our Intellegence and Years of Legit research.

Oh just for SH&Giggler Answer this; "Which weighs the most a pound of Feathers or a pound of AU?"

Sincerely
    Bill A.
    truckinbutch likes this.

us
    Apr 2011
    1 times
    Well you have had 7 days to figure it out and haven't so here is the answer!!!

A Pound of Feathers!!!!!
    and here is the reason why.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/avoirdupois+weight

avoirdupois weight
    noun
    the system of weights in British and U.S. use for goods other than gems, precious metals, and drugs:
    27.34375 grains = 1 dram;
    16 drams = 1 ounce;
    16 ounces = 1 pound;
    112 pounds (Brit.) or 100 pounds (U.S.) = 1 hundredweight;
    20 hundredweight = 1 ton.

The (avoirdupois) pound contains 7000 grains. Abbreviation: av.; avdp.; avoir.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/troy+weight?s=t&ld=1064

troy weight
    noun

a system of weights in use for precious metals and gems
    (formerly also for bread, grain, etc.):

24 grains = 1 pennyweight (1.555 grams);

20 pennyweights = 1 ounce (31.103 grams);

12 ounces = 1 pound (0.373 kilogram).

The grain, ounce, and pound are the same as in apothecaries' weight,
    the grain alone being the same as in avoirdupois weight. The troy pound is no longer a standard weight in Great Britain.

My Quote "The troy pound contains 5760 grains."

This was for your edification and ludification.

Sincerely
    Bill

Last edited by Lost_Adams; Jul 22, 2012 at 01:39 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors