Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    875 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

A Gator will Bite the Hand that Feeds it.

us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
    567 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Man bites gator ..........
    "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." Friedrich Nietzsche

"You ask where I live. I cannot tell you. I am a Voyageur, a Chicot, sir. I live everywhere. My grandfather was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. My father was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. I will also die while en route, and another Chicot will take my place. Such is our course of life."

us
    Pronounced "Shadow" - ---= Wolfpack Forever! =---

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    1935 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Bum Luck View Post
    Man bites gator ..........
    . . . every chance I get!
    Know your homophones (as opposed to homophobes like me)! Know which one to use ... and their meaning:

"Know" is related to knowledge, while "No" is a negative response.

"There" is a location, while "Their" shows possession and "They're" is the contraction of "They are".

"Which" specifies an item from a set but a "Witch" casts spells and wears a pointy black hat.

"Patients" (people receiving medical care) must show "patience" (tolerate delay).

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    875 times
    Nobody bit a gator. Maybe I should have changed the title. The poor man lost his arm below the elbow in front of shocked tourists, including children, and drove himself back. Thats the story... not the killing of the gator. http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...captains-hand/
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; Jun 15, 2012 at 11:49 PM.

us
    Pronounced "Shadow" - ---= Wolfpack Forever! =---

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    1935 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcypresshunter View Post
    Nobody bit a gator. Maybe I should have changed the title. The poor man lost his arm below the elbow in front of shocked tourists, including children, and drove himself back. Thats the story... not the killing of the gator. Florida Alligator Eats Tour-Boat Captain’s Hand - ABC News
    I read the story, appears the captain wasn't the brightest bulb on the tree. I replied directly to the other poster's comment, which apparently was poking fun of the headline

My dad and I used to take a box of shrimp with us when we went fishing under I-10's 3 mile bridge in south Louisiana. There was a gator that kept getting the fish on our stringer, but back then it was illegal to take them. So, dad kinda trained him to behave. We would sit in the boat and throw him a jumbo shrimp every few minutes. He liked them so much he would sit and wait patiently for another. As long as he was getting the shrimp, he would leave our fish alone.

. . . but yeah, I'll bite any gator I get a chance to, especially if he's been cooked at Prejean's in Lafayette.
    Know your homophones (as opposed to homophobes like me)! Know which one to use ... and their meaning:

"Know" is related to knowledge, while "No" is a negative response.

"There" is a location, while "Their" shows possession and "They're" is the contraction of "They are".

"Which" specifies an item from a set but a "Witch" casts spells and wears a pointy black hat.

"Patients" (people receiving medical care) must show "patience" (tolerate delay).

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    1944 times
    Name:  hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  39.7 KBThe bite of a gator is an automatic reflex action. When he sences that there is food, he opens his jaws. When anything touches his tough, his jaws automaticly snap closed.

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    875 times
    Sorry I didnt understand the "man bites gator" reply. I doubt anybody ate this gator. He was probably simply destroyed. I feel sorry for the man who lost his arm. Actually he was very experienced. People who work around animals are always at risk. It only takes a split second mistake. Tourists want to see gators and he was giving them what they wanted to see. It was an avoidable accident but I thought interesting enough to post.

I thought posting the story might help others that are feeding wild animals. It always ends in the death of the animal or worse in this case. The gator that you were tossing shrimp to is a dead gator. He associates fisherman with food. You might as well have just shot him. But I understand the problem was created by fisherman before you.
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; Jun 16, 2012 at 03:10 PM.

us
    Nov 2010
    North Carolina
    BH LoneStar AT PRO
    137 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    people are lazy in their actions and get complacent and are just plain stupid. tempt nature and nature bites back. then the animals dies.

usual scene.

sad for all involved.

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    875 times
    He probably thought his gator was tamed or "trained to behave" and sometimes it appears this way and all is well but its the one you dont see that will get you.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors