Dogs vs Cat.............amazing pics!

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
I got a buddy who has a bunch of hunting hounds, he takes his camera with him when he runs em. Now, we got a lot of mountain lions in these here parts & he usualy takes pics of the big cats after his dogs have treed em then leaves them be. This time the cat turned & attacked his dogs, he popped off a couple pics before the cat jumped off the ledge & escaped! Two dogs were injured but survived, he said this was a very large cat & he doesnt look very happy! Welcome to Idaho............. ;)

Attachments

• Dogs vs Cat1.jpg
    Dogs vs Cat1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 434
  • Dogs vs Cat2.jpg
    Dogs vs Cat2.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 434

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thats a big cat. Close to 200 lbs maybe? Beautiful pictures. We have a subspecies of the mountain lion here in the swamps. Amazing animal. They do not like dogs. :D

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
Im amazed that he could hold steady while poppin the pics.................he said it was a noisy minute or two! He got two or three other pics but they turned out blurry. Said his heart was pounding hard when it was all finished & his dogs didnt even try to continue the chase, they'd had enough of this big kitty! ;D

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
The look on the face of the cat in that first pic is amazing and scary as all heck.... it's the same look my cat gives me every time I open a can of tuna....

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cannonman17 said:
The look on the face of the cat in that first pic is amazing and scary as all heck.... it's the same look my cat gives me every time I open a can of tuna....
Yea, his ears are really pinned back and hes in a bad mood.

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
I guess two of the dogs got slapped around a bit, got bloody noses so to speak, but the wounds werent very serious & they survived. He carries a side arm with him when he runs his dogs & has had to kill a few cats that would stand their ground & not climb a tree, but only after they've tore his dogs up a bit. He has lost dogs to cats in the past................"Bad kitty, Bad kitty!" :D

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
looks like the dogs had the cat cornered. not a good situation for the dogs. ill bet if it had an escape route it would have used it, but with no where to go i guess it figured 'why not". great pictures!

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here's my dog when she as a little puppy, her and our cat loved to play together although that doesn't look like what's going on in this pic. :D

These two really were buddies.

Attachments

• Suki & Twinkles.jpg
    Suki & Twinkles.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 337

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Those kittys are playing- ;D the ears tell the story. ;D When my kitty pins back her ears, she is ready to fight. ;D

Here is a Florida Bobcat. :)

Attachments

• MVC-004E.JPG
    MVC-004E.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 270

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread