Can George Zimmerman get a fair trial? NO COMMENTS PLEASE!

Can George Zimmerman get a fair trial?

• YES

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • NO

Votes: 15 75.0%

• Total voters

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK one more Question, & try to be Honest :laughing7:
if you see someone in the neighborhood at Dusk in a suit & tie walking down the street
with his hands in his pockets, that you never saw before. definitely dosn't look like a Salesman
Would you Confront him ? & would it be with Caution.
or do you profile ?
Suit and tie?
More crimes have been committed to the American taxpayer by people wearing suits than ALL other "types" combined.

Shoot on sight.
Definitely.
:)

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Hmmm, I just did a little reading up on this story. Turns out Trayvon was shot AFTER he punched Zimmerman in the face, knocked him to the ground, and was beating his head into the concrete. THEN Zimmerman shot him.

Sorry Jeff, I woulda pulled the trigger too.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm, I just did a little reading up on this story. Turns out Trayvon was shot AFTER he punched Zimmerman in the face, knocked him to the ground, and was beating his head into the concrete. THEN Zimmerman shot him.

Wasn't the story I heard in the Beginning.

of course the Media may Have left it out,

or his Lawyers & Friends suggested it sounds Better :laughing7:

I agree if he was attacked, It was called For,
however I'll wait for the final decision in court

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Which just reiterates my previous post.

Something you learn in ANY firearm training. And I have more than most.
There is ALWAYS a gun present. Yours.
Something as simple as punching you can incapacitate you enough to make you lose control of the weapon.

Was Zimmerman out "hunting" or something? No, he was on the neighborhood watch and keeping an eye on his neighborhood. Incidentally, he was armed.
I was just at the store. I had my Glock in a holster. If someone started shoving me and then punched me at THE STORE, I would be forced to use lethal force to stop them. It doesn't MATTER where you are at.
And don't try to tell me that it would somehow be MY fault for legally having a gun with me. Well don't attack me then, and you'll be fine.

Bottom line: Don't go where you aren't supposed to, you have no right to stand your ground when you shouldn't be there in the FIRST damn place, and don't bring fists to a gun fight.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh my. There is nothing I need to say to that one.

No, that wasn't a typo, I meant it like I wrote it. If I see someone in my gated community that doesn't belong there, they don't get a "pass" just because they might be black and I don't want to risk offending them. I'm going to ask them if they are visiting someone there if I don't recognize them. JUST LIKE ZIMMERMAN DID.

Was he committing crimes there? Probably not. More likely it is thought he was just cutting through the neighborhood on his way back from the store.
But the fact remains, he didn't belong there, so he was challenged.
That was what started it.
It's tragic that it ended up that way, but the simple fact remains. He was where he wasn't supposed to be, he started a fight with someone who feared that his gun would be taken and it escalated.

Travyon was in the gated neighborhood with his father visiting his father's fiancée and her son at her townhome which is in The Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford which is the gated community where the shooting occured,....He had walked to a local store and was returning to the Townhouse where his father was at which is in the gated community.......

Beyond this it is up to the courts to decide what happen, not the media which usually slants it towards sensationalism to sell stories or grab ratings. political figures trying to add to their name or on forums... Yes there were signs of a fight, Zimmerman did have cuts on the back of his head, and we do have a law here that gives citizens the right to defend theirselves if they are attack and it include the use of deadly force.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Travyon was in the gated neighborhood with his father visiting his father's fiancée and her son at her townhome which is in The Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford which is the gated community where the shooting occured,....He had walked to a local store and was returning to the Townhouse where his father was at which is in the gated community.......

That's interesting. I didn't know about THAT little wrinkle.
But the fact remains that he wasn't familiar to someone who LIVED there, and would have been challenged by someone who DID.
You are visiting in a gated, exclusive community and someone pulls up and asks you:
"Are you visiting somebody?"
And boy, I'm SURE he responded politely ::)

I'm no psychic, but I'm PRETTY sure he didn't just tell him, "Yes I'm visiting" (insert name here)
Um, there is a PRETTY good chance he flipped the hell out. Almost definitely being aggressive, firing out "why are you so racist?" because we have instilled the belief that if they yell "racist" and act overly aggressive and indignant, most people not of that race will back down, and they can get their way.
Black, white or Orange, you KNOW a kid that age isn't going to be polite in that situation.

Don't start fights with someone who is protecting their home or neighborhood when you are a stranger there.
They are within their RIGHTS to ask you who you are, to be armed to defend themselves and to stand their ground.
You will lose.

Last edited:

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Something else I find interesting. There are apparently no pictures of Trayvon at age 17. Most all the pics shown in the media of him are from when he was 12, LOL!

I wonder what this sweet innocent boy actually looked like at 17. Why are the media not showing age relevant photos?

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Something else I find interesting. There are apparently no pictures of Trayvon at age 17. Most all the pics shown in the media of him are from when he was 12, LOL!

I wonder what this sweet innocent boy actually looked like at 17. Why are the media not showing age relevant photos?

trayvon-martin-503.jpg
He is on the right, that is Zimmerman on the left.
The one on the right is the last "facebook" photo he posted. (this was the only version of it I could find that had the middle fingers blacked out)

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My post is not to justify what happen or didn't happen, I don't know as I wasn't there, but I live in Orlando, I work in Sanford several times a week at least a couple weeks a month, so we have been overloaded with info on this case...... Was he combative, don't know, was Zimmerman combative, don't know either, do know that 911 told him to stop following him....

The media did not release the fact there were cuts on the back of Zimmermans head for quite some time which is inexcuseable considering the amount of info they did release right away.... Zimmerman's bail has been pulled and his wife has been arrested for lying (perjury) to the judge and courts on his finances. He has well over a hundred thousand dollars that has been donated to him for his defense fund, but yet he and his wife testified to the courts they were broke and could not afford an attorney. He was dumb enough to talk about it on the jail house phone in calls to his wife....

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
. He was dumb enough to talk about it on the jail house phone in calls to his wife....
Stupid move.

I DO find it interesting that the prosecution is devoting the MAJORITY of their time and money on THIS case out of the thousands that they are supposed to represent.

Boy, wouldn't it be nice to expect that amount of attention on the shooter if YOU were shot?

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
if you see someone in the neighborhood at Dusk in a suit & tie walking down the street
with his hands in his pockets, that you never saw before. definitely dosn't look like a Salesman
or do you profile ?
Jeff , I live on a rural road in WV . Average law enforcement response time to an emergency call is 45 minutes . My home has been robbed 3 times in daylight in the last 40 years . Also have intervened in several attempted robberies here , domestic violence issues that strangers brought to my isolated road to resolve in the middle of the night .

>I don't give a damn how you are dressed , what color you are , or what time of the day or night you approach my domicile .............................

>If I don't know you you are going to be met by a citizen who is armed and will remain so until your intentions are established . Danger to your family has no dress or color code .
Jim

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well, the first warning sign is --- THEY DON'T BELONG THERE. I would definitely NOT IGNORE it. I WOULD call the police.

The MOMENT this person made a threatening motion, his / her fragile world would come crashing down all around him / her. Walking up to me is not a threatening motion, but reaching into a jacket would be more suspicious and attempting to strike me would be the end.

I'm too old to play. Know too many corpses that flinched. I wouldn't stop to try to reason things out. I knew dead cops and soldiers who lost their lives by trying err on the side of reason.

Turnabout is fair play Jeff, HONESTLY, what would YOU do?

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or do you profile ?

Jeff, Is there room for me to object to your profiling? I really get tired of collectivists saying "cowboy", as if it is a bad thing.
I grew up working cows and horses. I worked a few ranches doing both before and after college. I cannot see that there is a correlation in acting stupidly (if that is your intended reference), and being a cowboy.

So are you saying that you never profile? I always felt you were pretty fair. But this kind of irks me, as I have heard it from the collectivists for at least 20 years now! Please refrain from derogatory uses of a word you may not understand. (not your fault, but the media has made it catchy for eastern elitists).

Being a cowboy takes ALOT of self reliance, skill, respect for animals, knowledge of hardware (even weapons) and it even takes deliberative thought,, more than most people that have never worked independent of supervision would even hope to have!

Please choose another derogatory term that we can all agree with!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, Is there room for me to object to your profiling? I really get tired of collectivists saying "cowboy", as if it is a bad thing.
I grew up working cows and horses. I worked a few ranches doing both before and after college. I cannot see that there is a correlation in acting stupidly (if that is your intended reference), and being a cowboy.

So are you saying that you never profile? I always felt you were pretty fair. But this kind of irks me, as I have heard it from the collectivists for at least 20 years now! Please refrain from derogatory uses of a word you may not understand. (not your fault, but the media has made it catchy for eastern elitists).

Being a cowboy takes ALOT of self reliance, skill, respect for animals, knowledge of hardware (even weapons) and it even takes deliberative thought,, more than most people that have never worked independent of supervision would even hope to have!

Please choose another derogatory term that we can all agree with!

Please choose another derogatory term

:icon_thumleft: So cowboy it is a derogatory term ?

Although My use of Cowboy was in reference to the days of Lawlessness as portrayed on TV
ie: cowboys that were no better then hoods carrying guns looking to Shoot 'em up on the streets
just because they saw a stranger in town.
and those who think that would be cool, would be the same as the Gang Bangers.

I Don't wish to offend anyone, Not the citizens who shoot people who scare them, and
not even the gang Bangers in the Cities who shoot anyone who looks scary to them.
so this is my Final post on This 8-)

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh it is alright, I get it. I am proud to be a cowboy! Lawlessness is not anywhere near an apt description. But collectivists have been using it for a very long time to describe people they don't like.
A cowboy makes thoughtful decisions, and is self reliant. A collectivist uses kneejerk emotional reactions and needs the crowd to go along with them, even if it is by coercion and threat.

For this very reason the term cowboy is being turned into a name to be feared, because the collectivist fears individuality. As many names through the years have been turned into terms of derision.

I can't really go along quietly on this one.

I know it must be my personal problem, but we used to call those guys, "bad guys" or even "outlaws".
The cowboys I remember seeing were always good guys. Some of them didn't even wear a white hat!
Choosing to call cowboys gangbangers or hoods would simply be a revisionist viewpoint.

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very revisionist indeed. Of course, using the term "cowboy" to describe lawless people just helps to remove another "hero" from our children.

On the other hand, some folks only know what they saw on television as kids, and are easily influenced by the distorted culture of hollywood.

Gramps was a "cowboy" - albeit a cajun one. He went to the Oklahoma territories and cleaned up some of the lawless folks. We sure wouldn't want our kids to honor someone who actually enforced the law. The way the law is written, and what is enforced are two different things today. (See yesterday's Scotus decision, and the Potus's reaction towards Arizona).

So, let's turn the heros into villains, the troublemakers into heros, and learn to celebrate the new abnormal.

We really need a "vomitting" icon here, because that's what it makes me want to do.

BAMACE350

Jun 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggit is right and knows more than you, just ask him, he will tell you about his vast experience in any subject, he must never sleep.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, let's turn the heroes into villains, the troublemakers into heroes, and learn to celebrate the new abnormal.

Best quote I have seen in a LONG time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread