Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

View Poll Results: Can George Zimmerman get a fair trial?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

5 25.00%
  • NO

15 75.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Can George Zimmerman get a fair trial? NO COMMENTS PLEASE!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    It's dangerous to be right when those with a thimbleful of perceived authority are wrong.

Mar 2012
    Michigan
    White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
    121 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post

. He was dumb enough to talk about it on the jail house phone in calls to his wife....
    Stupid move.

I DO find it interesting that the prosecution is devoting the MAJORITY of their time and money on THIS case out of the thousands that they are supposed to represent.

Boy, wouldn't it be nice to expect that amount of attention on the shooter if YOU were shot?

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    796 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    OK one more Question, & try to be Honest
    if you see someone in the neighborhood at Dusk in a suit & tie walking down the street
    with his hands in his pockets, that you never saw before. definitely dosn't look like a Salesman
    Would you Confront him ? & would it be with Caution.
    or do you profile ?
    Jeff , I live on a rural road in WV . Average law enforcement response time to an emergency call is 45 minutes . My home has been robbed 3 times in daylight in the last 40 years . Also have intervened in several attempted robberies here , domestic violence issues that strangers brought to my isolated road to resolve in the middle of the night .

>I don't give a damn how you are dressed , what color you are , or what time of the day or night you approach my domicile .............................

>If I don't know you you are going to be met by a citizen who is armed and will remain so until your intentions are established . Danger to your family has no dress or color code .
    Jim
    Diggit likes this.
    Wolfpack forever

us
    Pronounced "Shadow" - ---= Wolfpack Forever! =---

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    1865 times
    Cache Hunting
    Well, the first warning sign is --- THEY DON'T BELONG THERE. I would definitely NOT IGNORE it. I WOULD call the police.

The MOMENT this person made a threatening motion, his / her fragile world would come crashing down all around him / her. Walking up to me is not a threatening motion, but reaching into a jacket would be more suspicious and attempting to strike me would be the end.

I'm too old to play. Know too many corpses that flinched. I wouldn't stop to try to reason things out. I knew dead cops and soldiers who lost their lives by trying err on the side of reason.

Turnabout is fair play Jeff, HONESTLY, what would YOU do?
    Diggit and Dave44 like this.
    Know your homophones (as opposed to homophobes like me)! Know which one to use ... and their meaning (a pet peeve of mine):

"Know" is related to knowledge, while "No" is a negative response to a question.

"There" is a location, while "Their" shows possession and "They're" is the contraction of "They are".

"Which" specifies an item or person from a set while a "Witch" casts spells and wears a pointy black hat.

Charter Member
    us
    Living the WP

Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
    1442 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    OK one more Question, & try to be Honest
    if you see someone in the neighborhood at Dusk in a suit & tie walking down the street
    with his hands in his pockets, that you never saw before. definitely dosn't look like a Salesman
    Would you Confront him ? & would it be with Caution.
    or do you profile ?
    Jeff, Is there room for me to object to your profiling? I really get tired of collectivists saying "cowboy", as if it is a bad thing.
    I grew up working cows and horses. I worked a few ranches doing both before and after college. I cannot see that there is a correlation in acting stupidly (if that is your intended reference), and being a cowboy.

So are you saying that you never profile? I always felt you were pretty fair. But this kind of irks me, as I have heard it from the collectivists for at least 20 years now! Please refrain from derogatory uses of a word you may not understand. (not your fault, but the media has made it catchy for eastern elitists).

Being a cowboy takes ALOT of self reliance, skill, respect for animals, knowledge of hardware (even weapons) and it even takes deliberative thought,, more than most people that have never worked independent of supervision would even hope to have!

Please choose another derogatory term that we can all agree with!

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave44 View Post
    Jeff, Is there room for me to object to your profiling? I really get tired of collectivists saying "cowboy", as if it is a bad thing.
    I grew up working cows and horses. I worked a few ranches doing both before and after college. I cannot see that there is a correlation in acting stupidly (if that is your intended reference), and being a cowboy.

So are you saying that you never profile? I always felt you were pretty fair. But this kind of irks me, as I have heard it from the collectivists for at least 20 years now! Please refrain from derogatory uses of a word you may not understand. (not your fault, but the media has made it catchy for eastern elitists).

Being a cowboy takes ALOT of self reliance, skill, respect for animals, knowledge of hardware (even weapons) and it even takes deliberative thought,, more than most people that have never worked independent of supervision would even hope to have!

Please choose another derogatory term that we can all agree with!
    Please choose another derogatory term
    So cowboy it is a derogatory term ?

Although My use of Cowboy was in reference to the days of Lawlessness as portrayed on TV
    ie: cowboys that were no better then hoods carrying guns looking to Shoot 'em up on the streets
    just because they saw a stranger in town.
    and those who think that would be cool, would be the same as the Gang Bangers.

I Don't wish to offend anyone, Not the citizens who shoot people who scare them, and
    not even the gang Bangers in the Cities who shoot anyone who looks scary to them.
    so this is my Final post on This
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Jun 26, 2012 at 05:53 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Living the WP

Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
    1442 times
    Oh it is alright, I get it. I am proud to be a cowboy! Lawlessness is not anywhere near an apt description. But collectivists have been using it for a very long time to describe people they don't like.
    A cowboy makes thoughtful decisions, and is self reliant. A collectivist uses kneejerk emotional reactions and needs the crowd to go along with them, even if it is by coercion and threat.

For this very reason the term cowboy is being turned into a name to be feared, because the collectivist fears individuality. As many names through the years have been turned into terms of derision.

I can't really go along quietly on this one.

I know it must be my personal problem, but we used to call those guys, "bad guys" or even "outlaws".
    The cowboys I remember seeing were always good guys. Some of them didn't even wear a white hat!
    Choosing to call cowboys gangbangers or hoods would simply be a revisionist viewpoint.
    Last edited by Dave44; Jun 26, 2012 at 07:22 AM.
    Chadeaux likes this.

us
    Pronounced "Shadow" - ---= Wolfpack Forever! =---

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    1865 times
    Cache Hunting
    Very revisionist indeed. Of course, using the term "cowboy" to describe lawless people just helps to remove another "hero" from our children.

On the other hand, some folks only know what they saw on television as kids, and are easily influenced by the distorted culture of hollywood.

Gramps was a "cowboy" - albeit a cajun one. He went to the Oklahoma territories and cleaned up some of the lawless folks. We sure wouldn't want our kids to honor someone who actually enforced the law. The way the law is written, and what is enforced are two different things today. (See yesterday's Scotus decision, and the Potus's reaction towards Arizona).

So, let's turn the heros into villains, the troublemakers into heros, and learn to celebrate the new abnormal.

We really need a "vomitting" icon here, because that's what it makes me want to do.
    Diggit likes this.
    Know your homophones (as opposed to homophobes like me)! Know which one to use ... and their meaning (a pet peeve of mine):

"Know" is related to knowledge, while "No" is a negative response to a question.

"There" is a location, while "Their" shows possession and "They're" is the contraction of "They are".

"Which" specifies an item or person from a set while a "Witch" casts spells and wears a pointy black hat.

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    991 times
    NO COMMENT

Jun 2012
    4 times
    Diggit is right and knows more than you, just ask him, he will tell you about his vast experience in any subject, he must never sleep.

us
    It's dangerous to be right when those with a thimbleful of perceived authority are wrong.

Mar 2012
    Michigan
    121 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadeaux View Post

So, let's turn the heroes into villains, the troublemakers into heroes, and learn to celebrate the new abnormal.
    Best quote I have seen in a LONG time.

us

Mar 2012
    Michigan
    121 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMACE350 View Post
    Diggit is right and knows more than you, just ask him, he will tell you about his vast experience in any subject, he must never sleep.
    Yeah, I guess my criminal and trial law experience would have no bearing here.
    I'm curious, what's YOUR P number? (I'll wait while you google what that even MEANS)

I work probably 18 hours a day, don't presume to tell me how much time to spend on ANYTHING, Scooter.

Nice try though.
    Last edited by Diggit; Jun 26, 2012 at 12:46 PM. Reason: My words were too big again, I have to remember to not be polysyllabic sometimes.

Jun 2012
    4 times
    18hrs a day and 6hrs on here, when do you sleep?

us

Mar 2012
    Michigan
    121 times
    Metal Detecting
    18hrs a day and 6hrs on here, when do you sleep?
    Hey, wouldn't it be REALLY cool if I had a computer in my OFFICE?
    Wow.
    Why are you so terribly interested in what I do?
    Are you wondering if I like you?
    I do.
    I think you're very nice.
    Do you want to be friends?
    I won't tell.
    I DO. I think you're one of God's special people.
    What are you wearing?
    Do you like oranges?
    As flattered as I am that you are so concerned about where I am for how long, it's sad and creepy.
    Last edited by Diggit; Jun 26, 2012 at 07:57 PM.
    truckinbutch, Dave44 and Chadeaux like this.

Jun 2012
    4 times
    I worry about your health and family....

Plus I've read enough to know you play along, and wanted to test it, yep... I was right, you are a riot...

us

Mar 2012
    Michigan
    121 times
    Metal Detecting
    I worry about your health and family....
    So does this mean we can't be friends?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors