Can George Zimmerman get a fair trial? NO COMMENTS PLEASE!

Can George Zimmerman get a fair trial?

• YES

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • NO

Votes: 15 75.0%

• Total voters

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry M_B your on a forum so there will be comments.

George Zimmerman will of course get a better trial then Trayvon Martin did

who was apparently, accused, tried, convicetd, sentenced and prossicuted by one person

Last edited:
OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, I know Jeff. But I was afraid too much truth would be posted and this would cause the deletion of the POLL before we could collect any useful data. So, the no comment thing was really a personal request, not an order :)

But it's been up long enough now for a general idea of the percentage.

To be honest, I agree with everything that was posted (especially the post removed) but again, my goal was not truth per se but a feel for the pulse here on this type of forum. On some forums we get bombarded with replies. Here it seems most would really not even think about it which is okay too.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
WE really won't know the facts untill the trial, but I think the question is can you defend yourself when attacked. I realize there are a few anti-gun people here, but I believe more pro-gun people. It appears Zimmerman had cuts on the back of his head which would appear that he was hit when walking away. In a fight the object is to stop the attacker as fast as possible. It is usually a him or me situation.

hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I Am Not anti gun in any way.

I used to be semi anti Gun when I was younger.

By that I mean, if someone, especially friends started talking Guns,
I removed myself from their location. didn't want to hear about them.

Now I am Anti allowing Idiots & wanna-Be-Cowboys from owning guns.

sorry to those wanna-Be-Cowboys out there, but the attitude you's can clean of the world
& want the go ahead to be Judge, Jury & Executioner on the streets don't fly with me.
this attitude is as against our constitution as Gun control is,
no double standards allowed.
Everyone has a right to a fair trial in a court of law

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people just watch too many "Dirty Harry" movies

That's right, "Do you fell lucky punk?, Well, do you :dontknow: :laughing9:

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sorry to those wanna-Be-Cowboys out there, but the attitude you's can clean of the world
& want the go ahead to be Judge, Jury & Executioner on the streets don't fly with me.

Yeah, you're right. When I was attacked by the mental patient with the piece of steel fence post he broke off I should have just let him kill me and had my family sort out in court later. ::)
Or maybe I should have waited an hour for the Detroit police to come along.
I mean, who am I to determine if I'm in danger or not?
I should have stopped and determined if he was mentally ill, or if he was black, and then asked his permission before I stopped him,so as not to offend anyone.
I'm such a cowboy.

Like that bad George Zimmerman. He should have REALIZED that you have to be black to defend yourself against black people, otherwise it's just plain racist.
Rule #1 of carrying a gun. You get into a fight with someone, there is ALWAYS a gun present.. YOURS. They punch you, that is enough to incapacitate you and take that gun, using it to KILL YOU.
And douchbags will whine, "well if he never HAD a gun, there wouldn't have been a problem."
No. WRONG. The offender does NOT get to chose what the person he attacks is carrying, the OFFENDER is the aggressor.
NEXT moron whine " If he had just let him GO, this wouldn't have happened" Really? So, if I live somewhere I have no RIGHT to question someone who is in a gated area that my home is in?" Fail.
If the kid hadn't been in a GATED community that he didn't BELONG IN, this would never have happened. So you see, we can play this game all day long.

Had this been a white kid, or a black shooter you would have heard NOTHING about it.
But instead, Sharpton, Jackson and the rest of the race baiters see yet a another opportunity to ensure "special" status to minorities, ensuring that they can just laze through life, and never have to be responsibile for anything they do.

Last edited:

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
The black community turned this into a big ball of ridiculous crap. Zimmerman was wounded, which to me suggests he was wounded before pumping a bullet into the kid. He might have been overzealous in his duties but If I was getting beat by someone I would pull the trigger too. The media wants to make it look like Martin was this precious young boy by posting old photos of him and not current ones where he looks much different.

Last edited by a moderator:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Sadly I think if this goes to a jury it will depend more on what race the jurors are instead of the facts. I wasn't there to see what happened that night and I'm not sure anyone else saw the whole altercation either besides the two that fought. I don't know who started it and if there isn't any video of it I don't see how they can prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will start doing as Jeff does, delete threads that contain political references including foot notes instead of editing, it's a lot easier.

This thread has nothing to do with treasure hunting so any political references are out of line and against TN rules.

MB ask that there not be any replies for that reason, replies that are made and that reference any political terms, parties, or ideologies are subject to deletion...

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
or ideologies are subject to deletion...

Interesting. Please clarify how one expresses an ideology.
I believe that people shouldn't use chemical based pesticides, so if I express that ideology will it be deleted?

I stated that I believe that ZImmerman acted correctly and would have done exactly THAT.
I didn't know there was a "ZImmerman was right" political party?
So you see how ridiculous that sounds?

I'm not trying to be inflammatory here, it just seems that freedom of speech within Tnet guidelines only applies to speech that you agree with.
I'm not trying to start a pissing contest over your authority, I just want to understand your logic, because it seems when you say "ideology", that things like that are open to your interpretation, not set in guidelines, and that is a slippery slope and a recipe for tyranny.

I don't know how expressing disagreement with the current state of relaxed values in my country is political.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, you're right. When I was attacked by the mental patient with the piece of steel fence post he broke off I should have just let him kill me and had my family sort out in court later. ::)
Or maybe I should have waited an hour for the Detroit police to come along.
I mean, who am I to determine if I'm in danger or not?
I should have stopped and determined if he was mentally ill, or if he was black, and then asked his permission before I stopped him,so as not to offend anyone.
I'm such a cowboy.

Like that bad George Zimmerman. He should have REALIZED that you have to be black to defend yourself against black people, otherwise it's just plain racist.
Rule #1 of carrying a gun. You get into a fight with someone, there is ALWAYS a gun present.. YOURS. They punch you, that is enough to incapacitate you and take that gun, using it to KILL YOU.
And douchbags will whine, "well if he never HAD a gun, there wouldn't have been a problem."
No. WRONG. The offender does NOT get to chose what the person he attacks is carrying, the OFFENDER is the aggressor.
NEXT moron whine " If he had just let him GO, this wouldn't have happened" Really? So, if I live somewhere I have no RIGHT to question someone who is in a gated area that my home is in?" Fail.
If the kid hadn't been in a GATED community that he didn't BELONG IN, this would never have happened. So you see, we can play this game all day long.

Had this been a white kid, or a black shooter you would have heard NOTHING about it.
But instead, Sharpton, Jackson and the rest of the race baiters see yet a another opportunity to ensure "special" status to minorities, ensuring that they can just laze through life, and never have to be responsibile for anything they do.

If you were actually attacked, of course you have a right to defend yourself,
my problem isn't with self defense, it is with what may have been someone trying to be a "Cowboy"
and using the law as an Escape as I have a hunch happened in Zimmerman's case.
no real judgement yet, just a hunch. he still deserves a trial by those who still believe in fairy tales.
even thoughMartin
will never get one.
as far as Judging someone by Color of skin, country of origin and Fearing them because of that,
I consider that racist, not taking someone down who attacks you. I still believe most of these people
who carry guns and brag how they would use it are more Dangerous to the innocent,
then to those they fear.
No I didn't follow the story, however
so He was in a Gated Community ? Did Zimmerman Ask him who he was Visiting ?
was Zimmerman the Local Police ? Hired to be the Local Busy body ? or just the local wanna Be cowboy
who decided If a black man is in the neighborhood he has a right to grab a gun & Confront him.
and if he gives him any lip, he can live his Childhood fantasy of being the self appointed Sheriff ?

sorry as I said I didn't follow this & may have heard what I did in passing wrong,
but then I'm not Locking & Loading for war either just being myself :laughing7:

[h=2][/h]

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
was Zimmerman the Local Police ? Hired to be the Local Busy body ? or just the local wanna Be cowboy
who decided If a black man is in the neighborhood he has a right to grab a gun & Confront him.
and if he gives him any lip, he can live his Childhood fantasy of being the self appointed Sheriff ?
Um, no, he was in the neighborhood watch. You know, citizens looking out for their neighborhood?
he had been there ALL NIGHT LONG.
Cops are REALLY good at showing up. AFTER the crime has been committed.
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to look at someone and say "Oh my, he is BLACK, I shouldn't challenge him for being here, I might oppress him, because I'm not black."

There are those of us who are sick of people who don't live in the neighborhood, coming there to steal stuff because they have already STOLEN everything in THEIRS. It gets old.
Yes, Jeff. He saw that he was black and ran outside waving his gun because the guy was black. ::)

I guess wanting to keep your community nice is a racist concept.

What is MORE believable? That the kid wasn't supposed to be there, got pissed off because he was being questioned by somebody who DID, attacked him, and Zimmerman had to shoot him or BE shot with his own gun because of being overpowered and having it taken away?
Or Zimmerman was desperately patrolling his neighborhood for black people and just shot the kid? Use common sense Jeff! :)

Last edited:

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
The media has blown this story way out of proportion, much like Rodney King a few years back.

Long story short, black guy attacks white guy, white guy shoots and kills black guy. So it must be because of race, according to the black community egged on by Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

Drop race out of the story, say white on white, or black on black, and this story would be a non-issue and not a national media circus. For that matter if it was a black guy shot a white punk, doubtful it would have garnered the attention again.

Also Jeff, everyone who carries a gun is not a "cowboy" or out to prove something. We carry hoping we never have to use it, but will do so if necessary. They teach you in class that if it comes to that, you better be damn sure before pulling the trigger of your intent because it's going to be a minimum of 40 grand just to defend yourself..... you WILL be charged for using your right to defend yourself.

Knowing that you will be charged and it will cost you a buttload of money, how many "cowboys" do you think are out there? Those who carry are two groups. Legal carriers, and illegal carriers. I would consider the illegal thugs to be cowboys way before I would consider one who has the training and does it legally.

I dunno if this guy was legal or not, BTW. I purposely have not followed this case because I recognized it for the joke it was from the beginning.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Um, no, he was in the neighborhood watch. You know, citizens looking out for their neighborhood?
he had been there ALL NIGHT LONG.
Cops are REALLY good at showing up. AFTER the crime has been committed.
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to look at someone and say "Oh my, he is BLACK, I shouldn't challenge him for being here, I might oppress him, because I'm not black."

There are those of us who are sick of people who don't live in the neighborhood, coming there to steal stuff because they have already STOLEN everything in THEIRS. It gets old.
Yes, Jeff. He saw that he was black and ran outside waving his gun because the guy was black. ::)

I guess wanting to keep your community nice is a racist concept.

Neighborhood watch ? (add Self appointed Sheriff icon here) Very scary ! Frightened people with too much Power.

was this a Typo ?
You said
I'm not going to look at someone and say "Oh my, he is BLACK, I shouldn't challenge him for being here
Why would you want to just because he's Black ? I have no black Friends, they don't exist here as far as I'm concerned.
Yes I see one every once in awhile, they do exist, just not in my normal circles. when I see a black person I do notice
they are Black, but common sense says, no different them me.
But no I am not racist to the point I would go look for a Black Friend just to say I have one either.

in other words I'm not going to look at someone and say "Oh my, he is BLACK, I should challenge him for being here.
If I see someone in a suit at my door with flyers asking me if I heard the word, I'd tell him to leave,
but I'm not gonna run for a gun for him either

Last edited:

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
(Jeff of PA) Neighborhood watch ? (add Self appointed Sheriff icon here) Very scary ! Frightened people with too much Power.
Oh my. There is nothing I need to say to that one.
(Diggit)
I'm not going to look at someone and say "Oh my, he is BLACK, I shouldn't challenge him for being here
No, that wasn't a typo, I meant it like I wrote it. If I see someone in my gated community that doesn't belong there, they don't get a "pass" just because they might be black and I don't want to risk offending them. I'm going to ask them if they are visiting someone there if I don't recognize them. JUST LIKE ZIMMERMAN DID.

Was he committing crimes there? Probably not. More likely it is thought he was just cutting through the neighborhood on his way back from the store.
But the fact remains, he didn't belong there, so he was challenged.
That was what started it.
It's tragic that it ended up that way, but the simple fact remains. He was where he wasn't supposed to be, he started a fight with someone who feared that his gun would be taken and it escalated.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh my. There is nothing I need to say to that one.

No, that wasn't a typo, I meant it like I wrote it. If I see someone in my gated community that doesn't belong there, they don't get a "pass" just because they might be black and I don't want to risk offending them. I'm going to ask them if they are visiting someone there. JUST LIKE ZIMMERMAN DID.

OK one more Question, & try to be Honest :laughing7:
if you see someone in the neighborhood at Dusk in a suit & tie walking down the street
with his hands in his pockets, that you never saw before. definitely dosn't look like a Salesman
Would you Confront him ? & would it be with Caution.
or do you profile ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread