Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 

View Poll Results: Can George Zimmerman get a fair trial?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    5 25.00%
  • NO

    15 75.00%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Can George Zimmerman get a fair trial? NO COMMENTS PLEASE!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    6,797
    112 times
    eating

    Can George Zimmerman get a fair trial? NO COMMENTS PLEASE!

    A change has taken place....PLEASE COMMENT.

    At first I asked that people not comment because I feared the thread would just get deleted.

    What is your opinion?

    This is an educational survey.

    Thanks
    Last edited by Michigan Badger; Jun 25, 2012 at 04:32 PM.
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

  2. # ADS
    Ads

    TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

  3. #2

    Jun 2012
    52
    4 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    He shouldn't need a trial.... Sorry

  4. #3
    us
    Pronounced "Shadow" - ---= Wolfpack Forever! =---

    Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    3,009
    1665 times
    Cache Hunting
    Really needs a third choice . . . . H*LL NO!
    "If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
    - George Washington

    *

    Woe to those who say that good is bad and bad is good,

    Those who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness,

    Those who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

    - Isaiah 5:20

    *

    News stories are like a creek. Always remember to get the new that's UPSTREAM FROM THE HERD!

    *

    We now return you to your state sponsored and regulated day.


  5. #4
    Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

    Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    45,235
    4599 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Sorry M_B your on a forum so there will be comments.

    George Zimmerman will of course get a better trial then Trayvon Martin did

    who was apparently, accused, tried, convicetd, sentenced and prossicuted by one person
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Jun 25, 2012 at 06:47 AM.

  6. #5
    us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    6,797
    112 times
    eating
    Yes, I know Jeff. But I was afraid too much truth would be posted and this would cause the deletion of the POLL before we could collect any useful data. So, the no comment thing was really a personal request, not an order

    But it's been up long enough now for a general idea of the percentage.

    To be honest, I agree with everything that was posted (especially the post removed) but again, my goal was not truth per se but a feel for the pulse here on this type of forum. On some forums we get bombarded with replies. Here it seems most would really not even think about it which is okay too.
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

  7. #6
    us
    I deal in reality

    Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    7,148
    1437 times
    WE really won't know the facts untill the trial, but I think the question is can you defend yourself when attacked. I realize there are a few anti-gun people here, but I believe more pro-gun people. It appears Zimmerman had cuts on the back of his head which would appear that he was hit when walking away. In a fight the object is to stop the attacker as fast as possible. It is usually a him or me situation.

    Name:  hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  39.7 KB
    worldtalker likes this.

  8. #7
    Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

    Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    45,235
    4599 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    No I Am Not anti gun in any way.

    I used to be semi anti Gun when I was younger.

    By that I mean, if someone, especially friends started talking Guns,
    I removed myself from their location. didn't want to hear about them.



    Now I am Anti allowing Idiots & wanna-Be-Cowboys from owning guns.

    sorry to those wanna-Be-Cowboys out there, but the attitude you's can clean of the world
    & want the go ahead to be Judge, Jury & Executioner on the streets don't fly with me.
    this attitude is as against our constitution as Gun control is,
    no double standards allowed.
    Everyone has a right to a fair trial in a court of law

  9. #8
    us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    10,507
    990 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Some people just watch too many "Dirty Harry" movies

    That's right, "Do you fell lucky punk?, Well, do you

  10. #9
    us
    It's dangerous to be right when those with a thimbleful of perceived authority are wrong.

    Mar 2012
    Michigan
    White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
    811
    121 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post

    sorry to those wanna-Be-Cowboys out there, but the attitude you's can clean of the world
    & want the go ahead to be Judge, Jury & Executioner on the streets don't fly with me.
    Yeah, you're right. When I was attacked by the mental patient with the piece of steel fence post he broke off I should have just let him kill me and had my family sort out in court later.
    Or maybe I should have waited an hour for the Detroit police to come along.
    I mean, who am I to determine if I'm in danger or not?
    I should have stopped and determined if he was mentally ill, or if he was black, and then asked his permission before I stopped him,so as not to offend anyone.
    I'm such a cowboy.

    Like that bad George Zimmerman. He should have REALIZED that you have to be black to defend yourself against black people, otherwise it's just plain racist.
    Rule #1 of carrying a gun. You get into a fight with someone, there is ALWAYS a gun present.. YOURS. They punch you, that is enough to incapacitate you and take that gun, using it to KILL YOU.
    And douchbags will whine, "well if he never HAD a gun, there wouldn't have been a problem."
    No. WRONG. The offender does NOT get to chose what the person he attacks is carrying, the OFFENDER is the aggressor.
    NEXT moron whine " If he had just let him GO, this wouldn't have happened" Really? So, if I live somewhere I have no RIGHT to question someone who is in a gated area that my home is in?" Fail.
    If the kid hadn't been in a GATED community that he didn't BELONG IN, this would never have happened. So you see, we can play this game all day long.

    Had this been a white kid, or a black shooter you would have heard NOTHING about it.
    But instead, Sharpton, Jackson and the rest of the race baiters see yet a another opportunity to ensure "special" status to minorities, ensuring that they can just laze through life, and never have to be responsibile for anything they do.
    Last edited by Diggit; Jun 25, 2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Liberal is apparently listed in the dictionary as a political term.
    Kentucky Kache and Gunny71 like this.

  11. #10
    us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
    1,351
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    The black community turned this into a big ball of ridiculous crap. Zimmerman was wounded, which to me suggests he was wounded before pumping a bullet into the kid. He might have been overzealous in his duties but If I was getting beat by someone I would pull the trigger too. The media wants to make it look like Martin was this precious young boy by posting old photos of him and not current ones where he looks much different.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jun 25, 2012 at 01:58 PM. Reason: political
    Diggit, snakeyes and Zany like this.
    Why do they call it "Taking a dump" when you're actually leaving one?

  12. #11
    us
    It's dangerous to be right when those with a thimbleful of perceived authority are wrong.

    Mar 2012
    Michigan
    White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
    811
    121 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post

    hint : Libral is a Political term
    Sure, I'll change it.

  13. #12
    us
    Mar 2007
    Northwest Missouri
    ACE 250
    3,933
    39 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Sadly I think if this goes to a jury it will depend more on what race the jurors are instead of the facts. I wasn't there to see what happened that night and I'm not sure anyone else saw the whole altercation either besides the two that fought. I don't know who started it and if there isn't any video of it I don't see how they can prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt.

  14. #13
    Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    19,121
    7436 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I will start doing as Jeff does, delete threads that contain political references including foot notes instead of editing, it's a lot easier.

    This thread has nothing to do with treasure hunting so any political references are out of line and against TN rules.

    MB ask that there not be any replies for that reason, replies that are made and that reference any political terms, parties, or ideologies are subject to deletion...




    HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

    MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!






    CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

    TreasureNet.com Rules

  15. #14
    us
    It's dangerous to be right when those with a thimbleful of perceived authority are wrong.

    Mar 2012
    Michigan
    White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
    811
    121 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    or ideologies are subject to deletion...
    Interesting. Please clarify how one expresses an ideology.
    I believe that people shouldn't use chemical based pesticides, so if I express that ideology will it be deleted?

    I stated that I believe that ZImmerman acted correctly and would have done exactly THAT.
    I didn't know there was a "ZImmerman was right" political party?
    So you see how ridiculous that sounds?

    I'm not trying to be inflammatory here, it just seems that freedom of speech within Tnet guidelines only applies to speech that you agree with.
    I'm not trying to start a pissing contest over your authority, I just want to understand your logic, because it seems when you say "ideology", that things like that are open to your interpretation, not set in guidelines, and that is a slippery slope and a recipe for tyranny.

    I don't know how expressing disagreement with the current state of relaxed values in my country is political.
    Last edited by Diggit; Jun 25, 2012 at 03:01 PM.
    truckinbutch likes this.

  16. #15
    Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

    Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    45,235
    4599 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggit View Post
    Yeah, you're right. When I was attacked by the mental patient with the piece of steel fence post he broke off I should have just let him kill me and had my family sort out in court later.
    Or maybe I should have waited an hour for the Detroit police to come along.
    I mean, who am I to determine if I'm in danger or not?
    I should have stopped and determined if he was mentally ill, or if he was black, and then asked his permission before I stopped him,so as not to offend anyone.
    I'm such a cowboy.

    Like that bad George Zimmerman. He should have REALIZED that you have to be black to defend yourself against black people, otherwise it's just plain racist.
    Rule #1 of carrying a gun. You get into a fight with someone, there is ALWAYS a gun present.. YOURS. They punch you, that is enough to incapacitate you and take that gun, using it to KILL YOU.
    And douchbags will whine, "well if he never HAD a gun, there wouldn't have been a problem."
    No. WRONG. The offender does NOT get to chose what the person he attacks is carrying, the OFFENDER is the aggressor.
    NEXT moron whine " If he had just let him GO, this wouldn't have happened" Really? So, if I live somewhere I have no RIGHT to question someone who is in a gated area that my home is in?" Fail.
    If the kid hadn't been in a GATED community that he didn't BELONG IN, this would never have happened. So you see, we can play this game all day long.

    Had this been a white kid, or a black shooter you would have heard NOTHING about it.
    But instead, Sharpton, Jackson and the rest of the race baiters see yet a another opportunity to ensure "special" status to minorities, ensuring that they can just laze through life, and never have to be responsibile for anything they do.
    If you were actually attacked, of course you have a right to defend yourself,
    my problem isn't with self defense, it is with what may have been someone trying to be a "Cowboy"
    and using the law as an Escape as I have a hunch happened in Zimmerman's case.
    no real judgement yet, just a hunch. he still deserves a trial by those who still believe in fairy tales.
    even thoughMartin
    will never get one.
    as far as Judging someone by Color of skin, country of origin and Fearing them because of that,
    I consider that racist, not taking someone down who attacks you. I still believe most of these people
    who carry guns and brag how they would use it are more Dangerous to the innocent,
    then to those they fear.
    No I didn't follow the story, however
    so He was in a Gated Community ? Did Zimmerman Ask him who he was Visiting ?
    was Zimmerman the Local Police ? Hired to be the Local Busy body ? or just the local wanna Be cowboy
    who decided If a black man is in the neighborhood he has a right to grab a gun & Confront him.
    and if he gives him any lip, he can live his Childhood fantasy of being the self appointed Sheriff ?

    sorry as I said I didn't follow this & may have heard what I did in passing wrong,
    but then I'm not Locking & Loading for war either just being myself



  17. #16
    us
    It's dangerous to be right when those with a thimbleful of perceived authority are wrong.

    Mar 2012
    Michigan
    White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
    811
    121 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    was Zimmerman the Local Police ? Hired to be the Local Busy body ? or just the local wanna Be cowboy
    who decided If a black man is in the neighborhood he has a right to grab a gun & Confront him.
    and if he gives him any lip, he can live his Childhood fantasy of being the self appointed Sheriff ?
    Um, no, he was in the neighborhood watch. You know, citizens looking out for their neighborhood?
    he had been there ALL NIGHT LONG.
    Cops are REALLY good at showing up. AFTER the crime has been committed.
    I'm sorry, but I'm not going to look at someone and say "Oh my, he is BLACK, I shouldn't challenge him for being here, I might oppress him, because I'm not black."

    There are those of us who are sick of people who don't live in the neighborhood, coming there to steal stuff because they have already STOLEN everything in THEIRS. It gets old.
    Yes, Jeff. He saw that he was black and ran outside waving his gun because the guy was black.

    I guess wanting to keep your community nice is a racist concept.

    What is MORE believable? That the kid wasn't supposed to be there, got pissed off because he was being questioned by somebody who DID, attacked him, and Zimmerman had to shoot him or BE shot with his own gun because of being overpowered and having it taken away?
    Or Zimmerman was desperately patrolling his neighborhood for black people and just shot the kid? Use common sense Jeff!
    Last edited by Diggit; Jun 25, 2012 at 03:26 PM.
    Zany likes this.

  18. #17
    us
    Dec 2005
    Eugene, Oregon
    Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
    4,076
    69 times
    The media has blown this story way out of proportion, much like Rodney King a few years back.

    Long story short, black guy attacks white guy, white guy shoots and kills black guy. So it must be because of race, according to the black community egged on by Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

    Drop race out of the story, say white on white, or black on black, and this story would be a non-issue and not a national media circus. For that matter if it was a black guy shot a white punk, doubtful it would have garnered the attention again.


    Also Jeff, everyone who carries a gun is not a "cowboy" or out to prove something. We carry hoping we never have to use it, but will do so if necessary. They teach you in class that if it comes to that, you better be damn sure before pulling the trigger of your intent because it's going to be a minimum of 40 grand just to defend yourself..... you WILL be charged for using your right to defend yourself.

    Knowing that you will be charged and it will cost you a buttload of money, how many "cowboys" do you think are out there? Those who carry are two groups. Legal carriers, and illegal carriers. I would consider the illegal thugs to be cowboys way before I would consider one who has the training and does it legally.

    I dunno if this guy was legal or not, BTW. I purposely have not followed this case because I recognized it for the joke it was from the beginning.
    Last edited by Jeffro; Jun 25, 2012 at 03:39 PM.
    Diggit and diggummup like this.

  19. #18
    Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

    Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    45,235
    4599 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggit View Post
    Um, no, he was in the neighborhood watch. You know, citizens looking out for their neighborhood?
    he had been there ALL NIGHT LONG.
    Cops are REALLY good at showing up. AFTER the crime has been committed.
    I'm sorry, but I'm not going to look at someone and say "Oh my, he is BLACK, I shouldn't challenge him for being here, I might oppress him, because I'm not black."

    There are those of us who are sick of people who don't live in the neighborhood, coming there to steal stuff because they have already STOLEN everything in THEIRS. It gets old.
    Yes, Jeff. He saw that he was black and ran outside waving his gun because the guy was black.

    I guess wanting to keep your community nice is a racist concept.
    Neighborhood watch ? (add Self appointed Sheriff icon here) Very scary ! Frightened people with too much Power.

    was this a Typo ?
    You said
    I'm not going to look at someone and say "Oh my, he is BLACK, I shouldn't challenge him for being here
    Why would you want to just because he's Black ? I have no black Friends, they don't exist here as far as I'm concerned.
    Yes I see one every once in awhile, they do exist, just not in my normal circles. when I see a black person I do notice
    they are Black, but common sense says, no different them me.
    But no I am not racist to the point I would go look for a Black Friend just to say I have one either.

    in other words I'm not going to look at someone and say "Oh my, he is BLACK, I should challenge him for being here.
    If I see someone in a suit at my door with flyers asking me if I heard the word, I'd tell him to leave,
    but I'm not gonna run for a gun for him either
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Jun 25, 2012 at 03:50 PM.

  20. #19
    us
    It's dangerous to be right when those with a thimbleful of perceived authority are wrong.

    Mar 2012
    Michigan
    White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
    811
    121 times
    Metal Detecting
    (Jeff of PA) Neighborhood watch ? (add Self appointed Sheriff icon here) Very scary ! Frightened people with too much Power.
    Oh my. There is nothing I need to say to that one.
    (Diggit)
    I'm not going to look at someone and say "Oh my, he is BLACK, I shouldn't challenge him for being here
    No, that wasn't a typo, I meant it like I wrote it. If I see someone in my gated community that doesn't belong there, they don't get a "pass" just because they might be black and I don't want to risk offending them. I'm going to ask them if they are visiting someone there if I don't recognize them. JUST LIKE ZIMMERMAN DID.

    Was he committing crimes there? Probably not. More likely it is thought he was just cutting through the neighborhood on his way back from the store.
    But the fact remains, he didn't belong there, so he was challenged.
    That was what started it.
    It's tragic that it ended up that way, but the simple fact remains. He was where he wasn't supposed to be, he started a fight with someone who feared that his gun would be taken and it escalated.
    Last edited by Diggit; Jun 25, 2012 at 03:56 PM.

  21. #20
    Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

    Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    45,235
    4599 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggit View Post
    Oh my. There is nothing I need to say to that one.

    No, that wasn't a typo, I meant it like I wrote it. If I see someone in my gated community that doesn't belong there, they don't get a "pass" just because they might be black and I don't want to risk offending them. I'm going to ask them if they are visiting someone there. JUST LIKE ZIMMERMAN DID.
    OK one more Question, & try to be Honest
    if you see someone in the neighborhood at Dusk in a suit & tie walking down the street
    with his hands in his pockets, that you never saw before. definitely dosn't look like a Salesman
    Would you Confront him ? & would it be with Caution.
    or do you profile ?

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Fair on Quarters and fair on dimes today
    By smittyw in forum Coin Roll Hunting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Oct 01, 2011, 06:06 AM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: Oct 28, 2010, 08:29 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: Dec 14, 2008, 07:06 PM
  4. A fair amount of crap at the fair grounds
    By Frodov in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Jul 06, 2008, 09:58 AM
  5. Todays King George Coppers and stuff (George's PICS ADDED)
    By Mike95inNJ in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Oct 29, 2007, 10:31 AM

Search tags for this page

latest picture of trayvon martin
,

trayvon martin facebook

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3