Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hubby killed the Ram Mega cab tailgate and bent the "HE double hockey sticks" out of it.

He pulled the fifth wheel out WITHOUT dropping the tailgate.

holy cow. he is so mad at himself.

washed the truck and big fifth wheel in close to 100 deg. heat....so tired he finally backed it up to put it away thinking he had the tailgate down and BAM. He can't believe how stupid he was.

called insurance. about $2500 to get the new tailgate to match. thank goodness for insurance.

after the new tailgate is handled, he is giong to buy a 5th wheel tailgate. one we can put on and go on vacations etc. when done hauling he can change back to the good Ram tailgate.

I tell ya lately it has been awful about the problems we are creating. yes we are doing it to ourselves. insane LOL LOL

breaks my heart to look at that bent tailgate. UGH but all is fine. will get fixed but geez

honestly I am not going to buy, touch, or do anything. Everything we are touching is getting destroyed. My gosh I can't believe he did this and the same for me about the mower and camper and the flood and more. We are going broke destroying stuff LOL

what next....good gravy I am scared to death what might happen next. I can't take it!!!!!!!!!!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
On the bright side,minimal blood loss. Don,t sweat the small stuff,i,m teasing but those fancy trucks with fancy options like doors and tailgates without the spare chained on roof,well they cost more to scratch! If bad things come in threes your done. H.H.;)

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes that is a great way to think of it. comes in 3s. we are done. finally.

whew...made me feel better knowing it should be over LOL

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good god woman, what state allows either of you to hold a license. :icon_scratch:

It's like watching an Abbott and Costello movie, without the :happy1: or :laughing7:

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know Spart. It is a comedy BUT come on over and I got the popcorn for ya! :laughing9:

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh I typed wrong. estimate says $1500 to fix. lordy

Spart I gotta say we haven't hurt anything in over 20 years of farming and all in our lives but these last few months have been devastating on the destruction we have created.

I think life is paying us back now! :(

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
20 years in a danged rough game ........................ Don't sweat the small stuff , gal . Metal will fix . The main goal is for everyone to go to bed at night with the same number of fingers and toes that they started the day with . :headbang:

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9:

yes I want to keep the fingers and toes. I like them alot HAHA

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
farmergirl, go around and check out your house and see who broke a mirror.. Well 20 years and no real misfortunes is a good thing. Like the saying goes sometimes bad things happen to good people. I'm an expert in that field and I can also add, "When it rains, it pours." :laughing7: For me it's just another day, and story :tongue3:

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL Spart you sure made me feel better. knowing that someone else is getting screwed more than me by themselves HAHA

no mirror but I think the 'You gonna pay now GODS' are smiling on me right now

honestly never a darn problem and now it hits the fan. scares me in a way cause parents are 83 and 84 and I see them finally slowing down 'just a bit'. You know I lived well my whole life. I AM NOW scared reality will be slapping me VERY hard in the face soon. I don't want it, ya know....

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well as I see it, some enter though he "pearly gates", others like me just climb over the wall :laughing9:

Trust me, I let little bother me and I'm still happy. Like I said, I just have more stories :tongue3:

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Sounds like the dreaded mid-life crisis has caught up with you. We all seem to go throught that at one time or another. Thank heavens mine didn't last long, but was quite dramatic while it lasted. Good Luck. rockhound

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like the dreaded mid-life crisis has caught up with you. We all seem to go throught that at one time or another. Thank heavens mine didn't last long, but was quite dramatic while it lasted. Good Luck. rockhound

Au contraire Rockhound.... Sometimes bad luck can run a long course. Good thing is there may be a light at the end of the tunnel, but I haven't gotten that far yet and farmergirl is still way behind me :laughing7:

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh heck I think I want to bow out of life now....can that be done? :laughing9:

yes I got a ton of crap feelings about life coming, gonna suck big time. I have that sheltered life and I LOVE IT but when it falls apart a bit it will test me big time. but as Mom says, life goes on. If you ever stop and harp on one situaton you will screw yourself in your own life. I agree.

my motto now is IT IS WHAT IT IS, NOT MUCH WILL CHANGE REAL LIFE HAPPENIGS. then it all ends for everyone anyway

yikes I am talking crazy in a way now lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions