Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
probably an allergy.

people don't die from Bee stings either.

unless

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
that was my thought too, but who wants to find out if you're allergic to them.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes they are 'our biggie' down here to be concerned about. usually no death but if you have 'other medical' troubles you sure could die.

and length of time to get help.

we killed off most in our areas but they are around. on the farm. killed one on the road a few years ago. We let all non poisonous live, we 'sadly' have to kill the others. No way I am taking that chance with my kid around. rare we have to do it, but when we do, we just do it.

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
My wifes uncle was bitten on the thumb picking cucumbers from his garden a couple years ago. His thumb turned black then the flesh rotted off of it. He ended up having to have it amputated to save the rest of his hand. Copperheads can be dangerous, especially if getting bitten on or near a main artery. rockhound

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killing snakes is more general accepted than dangerous critters with legs. Reintroducing the wolf, preventing bear and cougar hunting with dogs, contribute to the unacceptable though rational killing of some problem animals near homes. :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread