Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got up yesterday morning to find my computer refused to let me on the internet! It just said "No Signal" and to contact a trouble shooting program, which I did. It ran a few minutes and came back with the problem identified. It said "No connection to the internet"! That answered all my questions! Absolutely brilliant! I then called the site provider who said to disconnect half of the extras that came with the computer and see if that helped. It didn't, so I phoned my son in Illinois who is an IT manager for a large insurance company. He said to bypass the router and connect directly to the pc, which I did. Bingo! I could get online again, but I had no apps. He said, you have a bad router. What can I do to fix it, I said. Toss it and get a new one he said. I will do that as soon as I can scrape up the money to buy one. He solved a puzzle in 5 minutes that the cust. serv. department of my provider had worked on all morning and couldn't come up with an answer! He moved to Illinois last week to accept a job there after being unemployed for over a year. I sure miss him and the kids , but I am glad they are doing well again.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yeah Monty. The folks who make the BIG bucks at the ISP can't get their heads out of their butts.

Friend of mine has Windstream, had let account go when he got sick, but recently had reconnected. They told him his network card on his computer was out, so I went to help him. Connected to the router on my first try, so problem wasn't on his end. Tech swears they can see the router but not his computer. Can't figure it out.

Problem was, they changed his password but didn't tell him. He had same old username, but the router had the old password so it couldn't connect. They charged him with a service call for troubleshooting, but they refused to split it with me since I solved the problem.

I've seen Windstream cut a customer off by "accidentally" cutting the phone line. Smee was the tech and they told the customer that he was at fault and tried to get the customer to pay them for a service call to fix the computer. Fortunately, a friend of his was a former Alltel tech and tested the phone lines, found the underground cut and repaired it for the customer without the big service charge.

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been there done it, too. ATT told me my DSL modem was bad, bought new one, still did not work. Four hours later they finally say it must be on there side. Yep it was. Finally got fixed next day. What a headache. But thems the breaks I guess. Oh yeah ATT told me to take the new modem back and get a refund. Yeah and start all over again, not worth the hassle.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes other than hearing---oh we see your area is having problems with connection from the cables etc. you are screwed on real help from a provider.

my bro is a VP of a computer company in NJ. You know I get free laptops, all the software upgrades I want, all the good stuff for nothing.

WHO ya know with smarts helps tons in this lifetime :)

cool he could help you.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
It's the FBI's fault! They were shutting down a load of worldwide hacker sites which would affect a lot of net access to infected computers.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
apparently it went pretty Smooth.

Haven't seen or heard of any problems.

of course I don't search for news

Top Member Reactions